She Doesn't Hold Back: Sarah Palin Calls Barack And Michelle 'Unpatriotic' & 'Racist'

if we take palin at her word...she prefers being out in the wilderness to being in an office.

Let's make sure she keeps her word and stays out of the oval office. I mean...if she's telling the truth and all. If she's lying...and she'd rather be in an office...well then she's not worthy of the office.

t.r.
think this a tad literal ? you sound like dante. this is a fine example of how your people go right for the jugular. i can find obama lies, like when he quit the senate 1/3 thru the term. 33 %

Palin quit, Obama was promoted.

See the difference?

he quit to take a better job at a different company, opportunist, said he wouldn't, then he did, it's a pattern with him, insincere

Given that twice as many Americans view Palin unfavorably compared to Michelle Obama, I'd say the People's verdict on all this crap is quite conclusive.

As with a lot of her actions, as stupid as it looks on the face of it, there's a real strategy going on here. I think this guy at Balloon Juice sums it up pretty well:

Palin’s goal is to mobilize a base of Fox-watching, resentment-driven primary voters. These people are mainly white and male, and they do not like Michelle Obama. Palin’s characterization of Michelle Obama as an elite black woman who thinks she knows better just stirs the pot of resentment that Palin thinks will drive her primary victories. In the eyes of the typical Palin primary voter, Mrs. Obama’s anti-obesity program is in no way “benign”—it’s another example of that uppity Princeton-educated black ballbuster thinking she knows better than real Americans.

Second, if Palin does get the nomination, she’ll be a weak candidate with little or no positive agenda. So, she’ll have to attack Michelle and Barack Obama, Sasha, Malia and Bo, repeatedly and without regard to their poll numbers. She will run a constant Twitter and Facebook attack machine with the goal of making Obama look weak if he doesn’t respond, but also making him look like he’s picking on her and her family if he does. Her strategy for attracting women voters will be to make Obama look like he isn’t tough enough to defend his wife and family, and then to make him look like a jerk for attacking poor defenseless Sarah.

Palin will be able to pursue this strategy in large part because she won’t be subject to the same media rules as her primary or general opponents. The mainstream media dutifully reports her every tweet but is unable to question her directly on the horseshit that she spews. My guess is that she won’t travel with any press but Fox and associated friendly outlets. She’s shown a basic capability of participating in a debate and not making a complete ass of herself, if she’s prepped correctly, so she’ll probably outperform the low expectations that will accompany that little ritual.

Interesting and a likely scenario, I can't imagine any but the far right actually voting for Palin. A sound defeat such as the right suffered in 1964 is something that would benefit our country.

if we take palin at her word...she prefers being out in the wilderness to being in an office.

Let's make sure she keeps her word and stays out of the oval office. I mean...if she's telling the truth and all. If she's lying...and she'd rather be in an office...well then she's not worthy of the office.

t.r.
think this a tad literal ? you sound like dante. this is a fine example of how your people go right for the jugular. i can find obama lies, like when he quit the senate 1/3 thru the term. 33 %

Math isn't your strong suit, is it?
Obama was elected to the Senate in 2004, and stepped down in 2008. He served 4 years of a 6 year term.

That would 66%, not 33%.

t.r.

See the difference?

he quit to take a better job at a different company, opportunist, said he wouldn't, then he did, it's a pattern with him, insincere

Better job at a different company? Really? I was under the impression that he was still working in the US government.

When did he defect to a foreign country?

t.r.

You would rather he held both his Senate position and the Presidency? I believe the Constitution frowns on that.

t.r.

See the difference?

I don't think he does.

t.r.

Obama was elected to the Senate in 2004, and stepped down in 2008. He served 4 years of a 6 year term.

That would 66%, not 33%.

think he did alot of senatoring on the campaign trail ? that's even more disingenuous, promise to finish the shift, not do it, and get paid for not doing the job. call that double dipping in my book.

First, I hardly think it's becoming in a man who wants to be the leader of the free world to break a categorical promise that he would not consider another office until he had completed his first term in the Senate. You made that promise, Senator, when you ran for the Senate two years ago. What's more, you went on "Meet the Press" just a year ago and categorically denied that you were even considering a presidential bid. You've got four years left to go on that promise, Senator Obama, and you should keep it.

Last edited:
t.r.

That would 66%, not 33%.

think he did alot of senatoring on the campaign trail ? that's even more disingenuous, promise to finish the shift, not do it, and get paid for not doing the job. call that double dipping in my book.

Did you hold SENATOR McCain to the same rules?

That would 66%, not 33%.

Did you hold SENATOR McCain to the same rules?

i've never held senator mccain

No, I don't think it's a tad literal. Here's why. The woman has a machine going. She's shakin' her moneymaker for all those poor, deluded souls like USArmy who get off on the naughty librarian look. And she's got more than enough money to stay out of an office, I'm betting. She could just tweet something shocking (or shockingly stupid) and stay in the limelight to build a nestegg...and she'd have more than enough cash to stay out enjoying wilderness for the rest of time.

Yes, I get that what she said is an aspiration - we'd all rather be doing something fun rather than being in an office - but the serious people who deserve serious jobs - like the presidency don't go for fun. They see all the work that has to be done, roll up their sleeves, and park their ass in a chair to do the work.

She's got more than enough money to finance her aspiration to stay outside "bein' free" (that still sounds totally retarded to me, btw. She tries too hard to sound homespun/salt of the earth). So she should go do that. Instead of completely fucking up our country.

Forum List

Back