"Shariah cesspit" versus $10,000 per person

amity1844

Jun 1, 2014
Life in Iran or $10,000 to emigrate to Israel is reportedly not a tough choice for Iran's Jewish community. They have indignantly countered with an offer of $50,000 per person to any Iranian Jew who wishes to return to Iran from Israel.

I stumbled across this while researching anti-Semitism, thought it would blow your minds so should share it with you....

If anyone has any information on Iran's Jewish community please do share. I am a little surprised myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Life in Iran or $10,000 to emigrate to Israel is reportedly not a tough choice for Iran's Jewish community. They have indignantly countered with an offer of $50,000 per person to any Iranian Jew who wishes to return to Iran from Israel.

I stumbled across this while researching anti-Semitism, thought it would blow your minds so should share it with you....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA7yz2vciGk

If anyone has any information on Iran's Jewish community please do share. I am a little surprised myself.

TEHRAN — In his address this week to the U.N. General Assembly, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Iran threatens his country’s existence, accused the Islamic republic of institutionalized anti-Semitism and called its new president a “wolf in sheep’s clothing.”

But one group that rejects such claims is Iran’s large community of Jews, a lasting reminder of the long relationship between Persian and Jewish culture that complicates the tense ties between the two countries over Iran’s nuclear program.

Fewer than 30,000 Jews live in Iran today, compared with more than 100,000 in the 1970s, but besides a mass exodus after Iran’s 1979 revolution and the founding of the Islamic republic, their numbers have remained consistent, and they constitute the largest population of Jews in the Middle East outside Israel.

Iran?s Jewish community reflects a complicated relationship with Israel - The Washington Post

TEHRAN - The Jewish women in the back rows of the synagogue wear long garments in the traditional Iranian style, but instead of chadors, their heads are covered with cheerful, flowered scarves. The boys in their skullcaps, with Hebrew prayer books tucked under their arms, scamper down the aisles to grab the best spots near the lush, turquoise Persian carpet of the altar. This is Friday night, Shabbat - Iranian style, and the synagogue in an affluent neighborhood of North Tehran is filled to capacity with more than 400 worshipers.

It is one of the many paradoxes of the Islamic Republic of Iran that this most virulent anti-Israeli country supports by far the largest Jewish population of any Muslim country.

While Jewish communities in Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Egypt, Morocco and Algeria have all but vanished, Iran is home to 25,000 - some here say 35,000 - Jews. The Jewish population is less than half the number that lived here before the Islamic revolution of 1979. But the Jews have tried to compensate for their diminishing numbers by adopting a new religious fervor.

''The funny thing is that before the Islamic revolution, you would see maybe 20 old men in the synagogue,'' whispers Nahit Eliyason, 48, as she climbs over four other women to find one of the few vacant seats. ''Now the place is full. You can barely find a seat.'' Parvis Yashaya, a film producer who heads Tehran's Jewish community, adds: ''We are smaller, but we are stronger in some ways.''

Tehran has 11 functioning synagogues, many of them with Hebrew schools. It has two kosher restaurants, and a Jewish hospital, an old-age home and a cemetery. There is a Jewish representative in the Iranian parliament.

IRAN: Life of Jews Living in Iran

TEHRAN - The Jewish women in the back rows of the synagogue wear long garments in the traditional Iranian style, but instead of chadors, their heads are covered with cheerful, flowered scarves. The boys in their skullcaps, with Hebrew prayer books tucked under their arms, scamper down the aisles to grab the best spots near the lush, turquoise Persian carpet of the altar. This is Friday night, Shabbat - Iranian style, and the synagogue in an affluent neighborhood of North Tehran is filled to capacity with more than 400 worshipers.

It is one of the many paradoxes of the Islamic Republic of Iran that this most virulent anti-Israeli country supports by far the largest Jewish population of any Muslim country.

While Jewish communities in Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Egypt, Morocco and Algeria have all but vanished, Iran is home to 25,000 - some here say 35,000 - Jews. The Jewish population is less than half the number that lived here before the Islamic revolution of 1979. But the Jews have tried to compensate for their diminishing numbers by adopting a new religious fervor.

''The funny thing is that before the Islamic revolution, you would see maybe 20 old men in the synagogue,'' whispers Nahit Eliyason, 48, as she climbs over four other women to find one of the few vacant seats. ''Now the place is full. You can barely find a seat.'' Parvis Yashaya, a film producer who heads Tehran's Jewish community, adds: ''We are smaller, but we are stronger in some ways.''

Tehran has 11 functioning synagogues, many of them with Hebrew schools. It has two kosher restaurants, and a Jewish hospital, an old-age home and a cemetery. There is a Jewish representative in the Iranian parliament.

And from chabad

The Jews of Iran - Jewish Life

I wonder why you imagined we don't know anything about the lives of our relatives still in Iran?

what would you like to know about Iranian jews sherri dear----I have known many and even
have a niece in law who escaped Iran and is now in Israel -----about 90% of the jews of iran ---
left. I never heard of any of them wanting to go back....

And from chabad

The Jews of Iran - Jewish Life

What Iran’s Jews Say

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/23/opinion/23cohen.html?_r=0

Here's a video with more info on Iran's Jewish community. They make the point that Iran's Jewish community is older than ancient Israel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jewish women, like Muslim women, are required by law to keep their heads covered, although most eschew the chador for a simple scarf. But Jews, unlike Muslims, can keep small flasks of home-brewed wine or arrack to drink within the privacy of their homes - in theory, for religious purposes. Some Hebrew schools are coed, and men and women dance with each other at weddings, practices strictly forbidden for Muslims.

''Sometimes I think they are kinder to the Jews than they are to themselves. ... If we are gathered in a house, and the family is having a ceremony with wine or the music is playing too loud, if they find out we are Jews, they don't bother us so much,'' Eliyason said.

''Everywhere in the world there are people who don't like Jews. In England, they draw swastikas on Jewish graves. I don't think that Iran is more dangerous for Jews than other places.''

There are several metro areas in the US which have larger populations of Iranian Jews than the 9,000 or so in Iran......

Here's a video with more info on Iran's Jewish community. They make the point that Iran's Jewish community is older than ancient Israel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPEw4hsAn_M

you read lots of nonsense amity-----Iran's jewish community derives from ancient Israel-----although
from your post I get the sense that you date "ancient Israel" to something like 2000 years ago.

You need not answer-----but----have you ever read the bible? -----those ancient classic books are
all very important for an understanding of history. Lots of people never read it-----interestingly
enough I have known lots and lots of Iranians----both jews and muslims. I have never met
an Iranian muslim who has ever read the Koran or knew a word of Arabic. The people I have known--
were-----Teheran types-----for Iranians that turns out to be sophisticated

PressTV is the mullah-owned and -operated media station. And Hostility fantasizes that they would tell the truth.

Where is the seat reserved for the Baha'i community? The Baha'i faith was founded in Iran: Don't you wonder why their world HQ is in Israel?

The 'show' really reminded me very much of the Chinese shows about their own 'minority' communities - some 53 different groups. Show being the operative word.

Several details I noticed which made me very suspicious:

The 'crosses' in the decorative paneling behind one of the speakers: I cannot imagine any Jewish building using such a motif - especially in Iran where a 6 or 8 sided polygon would be far more common.

Then there was the library scene, with a portrait which certainly appeared to be Ayatollah Khameni on the rear wall: I wonder if displaying such portraits is required?

And the music/singing during the synagogue scenes was completely unlike anything I've ever heard in any Jewish worship gathering anywhere - not to mention the klezmer style which they tossed in at one point is clearly Ashkenazi.

About the 'only 4 Jewish charity hospitals in the world': here is an article which helps explain why the far more than 4 in the US have mostly closed or merged.
Continuing Their Mission, Jewish Hospitals Reinvest in Philanthropy ? Forward.com

I have no idea what 'PressTV' thinks a 'Jewish charity hospital' is - but Hadassah operates several in Israel (open to whoever needs their services). But then I don't think the PressTV reporters are very well-informed about Israel. Normally, when people think 'Jewish' and 'Hospital' - they immediately think 'Hadassah' - and for good reason.

"Iran's Jewish community is older than ancient Israel"

Well, that certainly defies logic! At least if one is using the standard definitions of words.... kind of difficult to see how there were Jews OUTside of Eretz Yisroel *before* the Jews got (back) to Eretz Yisroel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPEw4hsAn_M

Aenmity-----do not despair----you to can learn "ANCIENT ISRAEL"----for persons of normal
intellect----usually refers to the community of "the children of Israel" (that means descendants of ISRAEL--aka JACOB) which migrated out of Egypt led by Charlton Heston back to the land upon
which ABRAHAM settled----in the larger land mass termed CANAAN The "children of Israel"---
were not a kingdom for a period of time------they were linked tribes---like a federation of tribes. ---
in the bible this period of time is detailed in the BOOK OF JUDGES-----the judges were the judiciary
of the federation of tribes. As time went on the federation of tribes decided to get a King-----
the first King was SAUL ----he ruled ----what could logically be called
ANCIENT ISRAEL got that?-------keep in mind----LAND at that time was sorta divided
as a permanent possession to various families----aka "tribes" "ISRAEL" is the same person
as JACOB ----who is the progenitor of all of the tribes---so eventually---a KING was king
of the whole kit and caboodle called THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL ---ie descendents of Israel---
got that----so KING DAVID was the KING OF ISRAEL. That was ancient Israel-----it precedes
jews in Iran Jews in Iran did not actually happen until the BABYLONIAN CAPTIVIY---
about 600 AD That was the destruction of the first temple-----a sack of Jerusalem ---
a big disaster. Now do you understand?-------it was a kind of start of the DIASPORA (although
even before that time jews had gotten around-----but not by disaster----more like by
inclination-----and trade and they were just sojourners in foreign lands) Iranian jews are very into
the idea that they are THE MOST ORIGINAL -------to the point that it gets to be a kind of joke----
(keep that one quiet---they are very touchy about it)

PressTV is the mullah-owned and -operated media station. And Hostility fantasizes that they would tell the truth.

Where is the seat reserved for the Baha'i community? The Baha'i faith was founded in Iran: Don't you wonder why their world HQ is in Israel?
yes, it is obviously a pro-Iranian production, no doubt. But it is equally obvious that the program had the support and cooperation of much of the Jewish leadership.

No, i don't wonder why the Baha'i are headquartered in Israel. Their headquarters was established in Palestine before Zionism took over. An early supporter was a Palestinian.

The 'crosses' in the decorative paneling behind one of the speakers: I cannot imagine any Jewish building using such a motif - especially in Iran where a 6 or 8 sided polygon would be far more common.

Then there was the library scene, with a portrait which certainly appeared to be Ayatollah Khameni on the rear wall: I wonder if displaying such portraits is required?

And the music/singing during the synagogue scenes was completely unlike anything I've ever heard in any Jewish worship gathering anywhere - not to mention the klezmer style which they tossed in at one point is clearly Ashkenazi.

About the 'only 4 Jewish charity hospitals in the world': here is an article which helps explain why the far more than 4 in the US have mostly closed or merged.
Continuing Their Mission, Jewish Hospitals Reinvest in Philanthropy ? Forward.com

I have no idea what 'PressTV' thinks a 'Jewish charity hospital' is - but Hadassah operates several in Israel (open to whoever needs their services). But then I don't think the PressTV reporters are very well-informed about Israel. Normally, when people think 'Jewish' and 'Hospital' - they immediately think 'Hadassah' - and for good reason.

If you watched the film you will find that it was mentioned that Ayatollah and Moses shared the wall! I didn't notice crosses but it could easily just be an aesthetic motif with no religious significance. But your observations are appreciated.

Bahá'í World Centre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is a little history about the Baha'i World Centre and its establishment..... Baha'i in general do not proselytize, but they absolutely REFUSE to proselytize to Israelis:

"Uniquely, despite the presence of several hundred volunteer staff in Haifa and `Akká, there is no formal community of Bahá'ís in Israel in the sense that there are no Nineteen Day Feasts, Spiritual Assemblies etc. Additionally, since the days of Bahá'u'lláh, Bahá'ís have observed a self-imposed ban on teaching their religion to the local population of Israel. Formal declarations of faith by Israelis are not accepted. In a letter dated 1995, the Universal House of Justice wrote:

“ ...the people in Israel have access to factual information about the Faith, its history and general principles. Books concerning the Faith are available in libraries throughout Israel, and Israelis are welcome to visit the Shrines and the surrounding gardens. However, in keeping with a policy that has been strictly followed since the days of Bahá'u'lláh, Bahá'ís do not teach the Faith in Israel. Likewise, the Faith is not taught to Israelis abroad if they intend to return to Israel. When Israelis ask about the Faith, their questions are answered, but this is done in a manner which provides factual information without stimulating further interest.[15]"

Last edited:

yes, it is obviously a pro-Iranian production, no doubt. But it is equally obvious that the program had the support and cooperation of much of the Jewish leadership.

No, i don't wonder why the Baha'i are headquartered in Israel. Their headquarters was established in Palestine before Zionism took over. An early supporter was a Palestinian.

If you watched the film you will find that it was mentioned that Ayatollah and Moses shared the wall! I didn't notice crosses but it could easily just be an aesthetic motif with no religious significance. But your observations are appreciated.

Or the participants were forced to take part and read from scripts because their families were threatened with violence. The many Iranian Jews that have left have told the stories about cruelty, barbaric treatment and holding families hostage for good behaviour.

Or it could be forced on them by the Iranian authorities, again spoken about by the Iranian Jews who managed to escape.

There was a story that the leader of Iran threw a fit when he realised that too many Jews had left and were spreading the truth around, so he had the remaining Jews rounded up and forced into making such programmes as these to show the Jews are well treated. The only way you would ever know would be to go to iran and see for yourself............

the extent to which the population of Iranian jews was DEPLETED in the 20th century reaches the
level of GENOCIDE-----in fact PROPORTIONATELY----a greater part of the jewish population escaped
Iran than was the part of arab muslims which left Israel in the 1940s I notice that the scum
date the exodus of jews from Iran from 1979-----what filth are the scum----it is a typical meccaist
pig MANIPULATION of stats.------jews were escaping the shariah cesspit to be from the early
1960s I came into contact with lots of young Iranians when I was an adolescent----their
parents were sending them out-----way back then----unaccompanied-----it was like the program
in which german jewish parents engaged in the 1930s---------save the children for the islamo Nazi filth.
The filth of 1979 was HERALDED by rising fervor for the pig of mecca. Way back circa 1970---
an Iranian muslim friend ----educated person---medical school Teheran. -----showed me a picture
of his family. -----Everyone looked normal except one young male-----he was dressed up in
some weird robe-----and sitting on the ground. I asked "what's with him"? ----the answer---
"there are religious fanatics in Iran now and he joined up-----they are dangerous---but
he joined up" It was at that point I understood why there were so many Iranian
kids in my town by the 1960s and more on the way. For the record----Iranian jews are
still escaping the filth------but the fact is not advertised. What kept them there?-----
easy---they used to be very wealthy-----but the pigs do not let them take anything with
them-----typical thieves ----emulating "al nabi"

Forum List

Back