Sharapova banned for 2 years

I think she should be executed, and buried in a shallow grave.

Wait... what did she do?

Seems a high price to pay for an infraction in which no increase in performance was alleged for a drug she's used medically for years. IMO, an administrative penalty of no more than 6 months would be more appropriate.

Maria Sharapova banned two years for using meldonium - CNN.com

Probably excessive, but she can't say she didn't know; she should have known! All players have a management group who keep up with rules and changes to the tour! If she didn't tell them she was using, then again, it's on her! ;-/

Seems a high price to pay for an infraction in which no increase in performance was alleged for a drug she's used medically for years. IMO, an administrative penalty of no more than 6 months would be more appropriate.

Maria Sharapova banned two years for using meldonium - CNN.com

Probably excessive, but she can't say she didn't know; she should have known! All players have a management group who keep up with rules and changes to the tour! If she didn't tell them she was using, then again, it's on her! ;-/
A two year ban would likely end her career. Hardly sounds fair for an infraction that lasted for such a short time and has not been shown to have improved her performance. Six months for not paying attention would seem adequate to me. She got the kind of penalty that people who have taken steroids for years deserve. I see an appeal getting her a shorter penalty, but they'll probably only reduce it to one year.

Forum List

Back