Setting the Bar for Corruption

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Setting the Bar for Corruption
By George F. Will, The Washington Post
November 18, 2007

John Edwards launched his slight public career -- one Senate term, two presidential candidacies -- with the money and reputation he made as a trial lawyer. Today he is the candidate of a small fraction of the electorate but a sizable portion of America's trial lawyers. Edwards says Washington is "corrupt." Well.

Within Edwards's lucrative trial bar constituency, there has been a flurry of criminal indictments. Their target has been what Fortune magazine calls the law firm of Hubris Hypocrisy and Greed. (See Peter Elkind's jaw-dropping report in the issue of Nov. 13, 2006.) The real name of the nation's foremost securities class-action firm is Milberg Weiss.

It has been indicted as a "racketeering enterprise" that obstructed justice and committed perjury, bribery and fraud while collecting about $250 million in fees from about 250 cases using paid plaintiffs, which is illegal. Several of the firm's members, past and present, also have been indicted.

for full article:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/11/16/AR2007111601756.html

Wow, you mean John Edwards constiuency commits crimes? What a surprise. Psst...don't look now but I think most of Giuliani's constituency jaywalks sometimes...its an epidemic I tell you.

The press won't report on it because its a nonstory. Someone is trying, badly, to link Edwards to crime.

What a stupid thread!

Trial lawyer John Edwards says that Washington is corrupt. George Will just lets people know how corrupt trial lawyers are and how heavily they support the Democrat Party and their candidate, John Edwards. What is so stupid about that?

Trial lawyer John Edwards says that Washington is corrupt. George Will just lets people know how corrupt trial lawyers are and how heavily they support the Democrat Party and their candidate, John Edwards. What is so stupid about that?

Because you aren't accusing Bush or Cheney. If you were, they'd get in line to say "amen." But heaven forbid you point out that edwards and his cronies are just corrupt, shyster lawyers.

yea.. this is a pretty weak thread.

it tries just a little TOO hard to force a connection..

Because it is pointing to a few individuals and generalizing them to all trial lawyers. Its incredibly stupid.

Because you aren't accusing Bush or Cheney. If you were, they'd get in line to say "amen." But heaven forbid you point out that edwards and his cronies are just corrupt, shyster lawyers.

And what exactly in this thread points to anything implicating Edwards in corruption? Nothing.

So says you. Ho hum.

Yes, I do. And apparently all you can do to rebutt my point is state that I said what I said, which isn't a very convincing counter-point.

Its amusing that when its Giuliani abusing public funds its a "non-story", but when its people who have the same profession as Edwards committing crimes its somehow a story. As if all trial lawyers have the same ethical standards.

Ronald Reagun was an actor. We know all actors snort cocaine and drive under the influence.

George Bush jnr was a businessman (I use the term loosely). We know all business men end up causing companies to fail such as Enron and Tyco.

I mean, that's where we're taking this argument.

As I said, piss weak..

Ronald Reagun was an actor. We know all actors snort cocaine and drive under the influence.

George Bush jnr was a businessman (I use the term loosely). We know all business men end up causing companies to fail such as Enron and Tyco.

I mean, that's where we're taking this argument.

As I said, piss weak..

Oh we can do even better than that.

Huckabee is a Christian...we all know Christians rape little boys. Romney is a Mormon, well known for marrying multiple underage women.

You don't see the left making those asinine and absurd claims, do you? Would you support them if they did? Of course not, they are ludicrous.

Oh we can do even better than that.

Huckabee is a Christian...we all know Christians rape little boys. Romney is a Mormon, well known for marrying multiple underage women.

You don't see the left making those asinine and absurd claims, do you? Would you support them if they did? Of course not, they are ludicrous.

Well except for the small problem that Catholic Priests are not members of all Christian religions and Mormons have not had multiple wives in over 100 years. But do make some more moronic comparisons your so good at it.

Christianity is a larger group...just like trial lawyers are a larger group. Not really a problem at all, but nice try.

http://www.sltrib.com/polygamy/ci_7648061

You can post all the ignorant links you want, there is ONLY one "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" the Mormon church. And it is historical provable fact that since at least 1896 the church has BANNED ALL multiply wives. You are kicked OUT of the church for having more than one wife at the same time.

Go ahead keep making idiotic statements and posting lies, you excell at it.

As to catholics are to christians as trial lawyers are to Trial Lawyers, you lose again you genius.

Using your logic, if someone sets up a church with some followers and calls it the Reformed Catholic Church, that means they are catholics. Sure thing MORON.

Forum List

Back