Served foreign army

Like if you an American and served in the British Army or vice versa, or if you fought for the Croat Army in their war in the early 1990's or what have you.

Serving in a foreign military service is fraught with danger for American citizens. In some circumstances, it could lead to a loss of citizenship when you try to return. And, if one is recruited here, it's a crime.

So...short answer? No.

I volunteered with the Salvation Army during a massive fire in my hometown when I was a kid

I served coffee and sandwiches.

What about a foreign citizen in our army? I served with a former German sailor that had deserted Hitler's navy in South America and made his way to the US. Seems during the war. European citizens went to the Pacific and Asiatics to Europe, i.e. 442nd.

What about a foreign citizen in our army? I served with a former German sailor that had deserted Hitler's navy in South America and made his way to the US. Seems during the war. European citizens went to the Pacific and Asiatics to Europe, i.e. 442nd.

Correction: The 442nd Regimental Combat Team was not made up of foreigners. It was almost exclusively American citizens of Japanese descent.

The Truman administration recruited a bunch of Nazis like Werner Von Braun to create an American version of the German X-1&2 rockets that killed British civilians. I expect that a lot of Canadians "served in a foreign military" and many Allied soldiers emigrated to the US.

Forum List

Back