We Knew this was coming.

SFC Ollie

Still Marching
Oct 21, 2009
Extreme East Ohio
U.S. Army trainers will soon lead an effort to create gender-neutral physical standards for all soldiers as part of a plan to allow women to serve in infantry, Special Forces and other combat arms jobs.
http://www.military.com/daily-news/...sical-standards.html?ESRC=army-a.nl#community

Translation: We will now lower the standards for everyone so that women can qualify the same as the men, who won't have to work as hard as they used to.

Ladies and gentlemen, for the first time I can honestly say that's not my military and I'm glad I'm out........

This is just one more step in the downward spiral of this once great country....

It's sad.

Last edited:
The Klintons tried it with the Marines during the 90's and the USMC was still powerful enough to resist training men with women. Clinton nut cases called the Marines foul names. I think the Army was forced to train men and women in the same recruit units but after the Arkansas sleaze bags left office the Army came back to their senses.

From your link

"But this does not mean the Army has decided to open these jobs to women yet.

“The Army will review these MOSs and make a recommendation to the secretary of Defense if they should remain closed,” Platt said. “If we find that the assignment of women to specific positions or occupational specialties is in conflict with the department’s guiding principles, exceptions to policy will be requested, which will prohibit their assignment to certain jobs.”

They were training together before Clinton. But the men had one set of Physical Standards and could laugh at what the women had as their standards.

From your link

"But this does not mean the Army has decided to open these jobs to women yet.

“The Army will review these MOSs and make a recommendation to the secretary of Defense if they should remain closed,” Platt said. “If we find that the assignment of women to specific positions or occupational specialties is in conflict with the department’s guiding principles, exceptions to policy will be requested, which will prohibit their assignment to certain jobs.”

Yes but they will still look at lowering the physical standards for men, so that more women will be able to meet them. Which means that some men who couldn't handle the physical parts of these jobs will now make the qualification. End result is weakening the force.

I mean, I knew that I could pass the Mens Physical Fitness test....I never maxed it, But I never failed it either. But I also knew that I would fail the Ranger course.

Btw, the military is a fluid thing, it is always changing. The physical training my husband received is not the same as what you received and isn't even the same that my nephews received.

Sometimes change isnt a bad thing, its just different.

Well now, that depends on when your Husband and nephews served.....

I saw one major change while I was on active duty....Remember I was in for 22 years....

U.S. Army trainers will soon lead an effort to create gender-neutral physical standards for all soldiers as part of a plan to allow women to serve in infantry, Special Forces and other combat arms jobs.
Army Submits Plan to Open Combat Jobs for Women | Military.com

Translation: We will now lower the standards for everyone so that women can qualify the same as the men, who won't have to work as hard as they used to.

Ladies and gentlemen, for the first time I can honestly say that's not my military and I'm glad I'm out........

This is just one more step in the downward spiral of this once great country....

It's sad.

yes, you daydream of the days when you could torture, demean, and work some soldiers until they dropped from exhaustion.

It's sad.

yes, you daydream of the days when you could torture, demean, and work some soldiers until they dropped from exhaustion.

Get a life.

It's sad.

it is always wrong to lower any standard to allow those who cant pass for what ever reason, to pass.

the ideal is (or should be) to raise the bar not lower it.

in my opinion if the women want to do what the men are doing, then there should be no issue for them to do just that... pass the SAME tests, come up to the same standards as the men.

Btw, the military is a fluid thing, it is always changing. The physical training my husband received is not the same as what you received and isn't even the same that my nephews received.

Sometimes change isnt a bad thing, its just different.

Well now, that depends on when your Husband and nephews served.....

I saw one major change while I was on active duty....Remember I was in for 22 years....

When my husband was in basic, most physical training was done in newly made special sand lots and most training had a focus on desert combat, and they were looking to totally revamp basic training so it was more practical to everyday needs. So, less running and obstacle courses, more carrying fallen soldiers and such.

It's sad.

The first time, Ollie? I've been embarrassed often in the past 18 years I've been retired. It certainly is not the Army I left behind and I doubt I would last a NY minute as a 1SG now. Hell, I was considered 'mean' and 'hard' when I was a 1SG! But it isn't any different than the rest of this declining Nation, lowering standards to accommodate all those of lesser ability instead of maintaining or even increasing standards in order to maintain the best as an elite force. Maybe it's a good thing we're converting to use of drones.
Sad indeed.

It's sad.

Certainly. At least you knew who the men were and who the nancies were you could count on to get your ass shot.

It's sad.

it is always wrong to lower any standard to allow those who cant pass for what ever reason, to pass.

the ideal is (or should be) to raise the bar not lower it.

in my opinion if the women want to do what the men are doing, then there should be no issue for them to do just that... pass the SAME tests, come up to the same standards as the men.

I have seen it done.

Forum List

Back