Army's 100 Years Of Honoring The Confederacy Ends

In the US Army the Cav Scouts wear Stetson hat to honor the legacy of the Cavalry. Most of them are blue.

My son was a Cav Scout. His Squadron at Ft Bliss (that was deployed to Iraq) wore gray Stetsons to honor the regiment's links to Confederate Cavalry. By the way, Ft Bliss was a Confederate fort during the war.

The battle flag also had streamers depicting Confederate battles.

I suspect nowadays because of the filthy ass diversity bullshit they have been taken away. Typical Liberals destroying history with their mindless hate.
I agree that it's really stupid trying to erase history. Henry Ford & Charles Lindbergh were Nazis and donated a lot of money to Hitler. Washington or Lincoln had slaves. The Kennedy brothers had extra-marital affairs with Marilyn Monroe. J. Edgar Hoover was a cross-dressing queer. Bush Baby Junior lied about WMDs in Irak. etc. etc. etc. But are their names and statues being removed? And then there was the Clinton pair .....

Clinton and Lewinski.gif

Hilary.gif

Where's Uncle Remus? I bet almost no kids born after after 2000 have ever heard an Uncle Remus story.

They chip away at history all the time, then tell ridiculous lies.
Robert E. Lee was one of the best military tacticians ever. Ever on this planet.
I am one who is very happy to see the Confederate Flag finally no longer officially flying over, indeed banned from, U.S. military bases, and our armed forces training forts renamed. For long that flag flew over schools and courthouses throughout the South, and giant monuments to the Confederacy dominated public plazas. Even in largely black cities and communities they stood in the South, looming as intimidating reminders of an ugly past.

I am glad we have gotten past that era, more or less. That doesn’t mean I do not want Confederate history remembered, or that I deny the bravery and even a kind of “patriotism” shown by many non-slave-owning Southern soldiers in the Civil War who believed they were fighting for “freedom” and their own ”states rights.” I don’t demean the personal character or military talents of Robert E. Lee, either…

Your comment reminded me of the Uncle Remus stories, which I only half remember, and I did some research on this now mostly forgotten and still for many awkwardly embarrassing literary work of Joel Chandler Harris — a white man writing in the voice of a an old black “freeman” speaking in plantation dialect to a young white boy, telling folk stories and fables.

A Disney Movie was made some 60 years ago based on these once-popular folk stories and rural “animal fables,” which is now withdrawn from circulation. Similarly, for years there stood an old (segregated) Chandler House Museum in Atlanta — I don’t know if the building still exists at all.

Here is an interesting 2006 article about the Disney movie, the old Chandler Museum and the passing into almost — but not quite — “forgotten history” of these stories themselves, and their once famous and respected author:

Last edited:
I am one who is very happy to see the Confederate Flag finally no longer officially flying over, indeed banned from, U.S. military bases, and our armed forces training forts renamed. For long that flag flew over schools and courthouses throughout the South, and giant monuments to the Confederacy dominated public plazas. Even in largely black cities and communities they stood in the South, looming as intimidating reminders of an ugly past.

I am glad we have gotten past that era, more or less. That doesn’t mean I do not want Confederate history remembered, or that I deny the bravery and even a kind of “patriotism” shown by many non-slave-owning Southern soldiers in the Civil War who believed they were fighting for “freedom” and their own ”states rights.” I don’t demean the personal character or military talents of Robert E. Lee, either…

Your comment reminded me of the Uncle Remus stories, which I only half remember, and I did some research on this now mostly forgotten and still for many awkwardly embarrassing literary work of Joel Chandler Harris — a white man writing in the voice of a an old black “freeman” speaking in plantation dialect to a young white boy, telling folk stories and fables.

A Disney Movie was once made based on these once-popular folk stories and rural “animal fables,” which is now withdrawn from circulation. Similarly, for years there was the Chandler House Museum in Atlanta — I don’t know if it still stands — which fell on hard times. Here is a 2006 article about the Museum and the passing into almost — but not quite — “forgotten history” of these stories and its once famous and respected author:

For free:

If they did not commit treason, why did they need a pardon?

Nobody wants to declare war on anyone, we just do not want to honor traitors and people that took up arms against the Untied States.

We might as well have an Army base named Camp Rommel
He probably deserves one as he was a brilliant tactician who was only beaten because of Hitler.

In the US Army the Cav Scouts wear Stetson hat to honor the legacy of the Cavalry. Most of them are blue.

My son was a Cav Scout. His Squadron at Ft Bliss (that was deployed to Iraq) wore gray Stetsons to honor the regiment's links to Confederate Cavalry. By the way, Ft Bliss was a Confederate fort during the war.

I suspect nowadays because of the filthy ass diversity bullshit they have been taken away. Typical Liberals destroying history with their mindless hate.
All cavalries wear the Stetson hat. My daughter was 3rd Cavalry Regiment at Fort Cavazos (previously Hood).

You equate common sense and respect for our nation with hatred. How very foolish of you.

Forum List

Back