Serious proposal for the gun control crowd

The gun debate rages on and on with no one really changing their minds. Well, that’s sort of the definition of insanity (doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results each time).

With that in mind, I asked myself how we could approach this issue in a way that hasn’t been done before. There is always a solution to every problem. It’s just a matter of finding it.

So I have a completely serious proposal for the proponents of gun control. If the 2A supporters agreed to use tax payer money to have every single firearm manufactured attend an extensive and comprehensive mental health evaluation (including training firearms on the value of human life), would you then agree to allow all citizens to own any type of firearm they desire - without restriction?

(*Note that I will have 0 tolerance for trolling in this thread and will report every instance. Either answer honestly/seriously or move along to another thread)
/——/ No, because Libs will eventually gain control of the tests and start denying gun ownership. The Red Flag law is a perfect example. Bad idea.
Wait...I'm confused. A gun cannot own a gun. So how could gun ownership be denied in my proposal?

The gun debate rages on and on with no one really changing their minds. Well, that’s sort of the definition of insanity (doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results each time).

With that in mind, I asked myself how we could approach this issue in a way that hasn’t been done before. There is always a solution to every problem. It’s just a matter of finding it.

So I have a completely serious proposal for the proponents of gun control. If the 2A supporters agreed to use tax payer money to have every single firearm manufactured attend an extensive and comprehensive mental health evaluation (including training firearms on the value of human life), would you then agree to allow all citizens to own any type of firearm they desire - without restriction?

(*Note that I will have 0 tolerance for trolling in this thread and will report every instance. Either answer honestly/seriously or move along to another thread)
I would agree to a such a program. We must get these firearms evaluated and get the dangerous firearms the help they need.

My question is, what about the bullets? Don't they need similar evaluations?

Thank God!!! Another one! Bootney Lee Farnsworth becomes the second person who actually read what was written and understood it! Thank you! Good grief, nobody reads what is written. Nobody. They just see what they want to see, make assumptions, and then get emotional.

If you pass you get to keep the gun you have.

If you fail, fork it over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well that's ignorant as hell. I already have the gun I have. Why the fuck would I agree to your ignorant proposal? You're not giving up anything and I'm giving up everything.

Like all leftist fascists, you have absolutely no concept of how compromise works.

The gun problem and the opioid problem have the same causes. The manufacturers of both knew they were making way, way, way more than was needed for legal purposes.

They deliberately flooded the markets in the name of chasing higher and higher profits.
Are you familiar with the economic principle of supply and demand?

If they flood the market, the prices plummet. Not a good business model.

/——-/ Would you accept competency test for all Constitutional liberties or just the ones you don’t like?
Look, firearms are not entitled to constitutional protections. If we want to force firearms to have a mental health evaluation, we can do it and firearms would have no constitutional challenges.

/——-/ In 1806, the USSC granted artificial personhood to guns, so they can be taxed, regulated, sued and can make political donations—- oh wait—- that was what they granted corporations. My bad.

Ah. Here's one:

Here's a better idea. Instead of registering guns, we register gun buyers. Once you pass a background check, you can buy as many guns as you like, or not buy any guns. You'll be on the approved list. Your purchases will be your business, not the government's.

You go to a gun shop, the gun shop owner sees if you are a registered approved buyer, and then only he and you know what guns you bought.
Just so you know....background checks already exist. Without exception. And they are done at the federal level - by none other than the F.B.I. So what you are proposing has already been done.

One issue that would arise is holding the psychiatrist responsible for anyone they certify who goes off the deep end at some later time and commits some crime using a firearm. That would be enough for psychiatrists to refuse to be certify someone to be allowed to purchase.possess firearms.

So, I don't find your proposal as a reasonable course of action. There is no way that I see that the future behavior of an individual can be predicted with any measure of accuracy.

The op says the '"firearms" would receive training and psych evaluations, Can you people even read? What a bunch of idiots y'all got trolled and didn't even realize it ! ROTFLMAO!:laughing0301::laughing0301::fu:

Ask blacks and women about persistence throughout history.
Like firearms, blacks and women were a constitutional right! Thank you for proving my point! :laugh:

What a bunch of idiots y'all got trolled and didn't even realize it ! ROTFLMAO!
Just so you know, I really wasn't "trolling". The left claims that GUNS are a problem. That GUNS kill people. So I am more than willing to do whatever we need to do to get GUNS the help (and certification) they need to make it to market.

And...I'm 100% on board with any GUN that is used to murder (or hell, any other crime) being destroyed.

Ah. Here's one:

Here's a better idea. Instead of registering guns, we register gun buyers. Once you pass a background check, you can buy as many guns as you like, or not buy any guns. You'll be on the approved list. Your purchases will be your business, not the government's.

You go to a gun shop, the gun shop owner sees if you are a registered approved buyer, and then only he and you know what guns you bought.
Just so you know....background checks already exist. Without exception. And they are done at the federal level - by none other than the F.B.I. So what you are proposing has already been done.
/——/ Speaking of background checks...
96DCA9BC-0C23-4B4B-909F-A9E6E6CE11FB.jpeg

The op says the '"firearms" would receive training and psych evaluations, Can you people even read? What a bunch of idiots y'all got trolled and didn't even realize it ! ROTFLMAO!:laughing0301::laughing0301::fu:
Thank you though, captkaos. It's unbelievable that nobody reads what is written. They see what they want to see and make assumptions. It's a big part of the reason we have the problems we do.

:udaman: :udaman: :udaman:

One issue that would arise is holding the psychiatrist responsible for anyone they certify who goes off the deep end at some later time and commits some crime using a firearm. That would be enough for psychiatrists to refuse to be certify someone to be allowed to purchase.possess firearms.

So, I don't find your proposal as a reasonable course of action. There is no way that I see that the future behavior of an individual can be predicted with any measure of accuracy.

It demonstrates the value of the thread.

Clearly the rest of the developed world figured out the answer to the gun question. We have not.

If you pass you get to keep the gun you have.

If you fail, fork it over.

Well that's ignorant as hell. I already have the gun I have. Why the fuck would I agree to your ignorant proposal? You're not giving up anything and I'm giving up everything.

Like all leftist fascists, you have absolutely no concept of how compromise works.

They have no idea about guns either. They just repeat what the news tell the or the Demtards tell them. They’re brainwashed and uneducated when it comes to guns.

Sounds like the weapon of choice for killers. Maybe that's why countries with strong gun control have homicide rates a fraction of ours.
And maybe that is why countries with strong gun control have stabbing rates 1,000x's the rate of ours.

You'd rather be slowly stabbed to death? A bullet is much quicker and much less painful.

Ah. Here's one:

/——/ Speaking of background checks...
View attachment 284989

She passed with flying colors.

Forum List

Back