September Arctic 2nd lowest ice ever: disaster immenent.

Hmmmm............... While I agree that the melting of the Arctic Sea Ice will have serious consequence, in fact, is having serious consequences, the weight on the bottom of the sea is the same whether the column has ice on top, or is water all the way up. The increasing temperature of the water, and the fact that the removal of the ice cap allows storm waves that the clathrates have not experianced in recent times is of far more consequence.
Actually not, look it up.

The ice cap does place pressure on the bottom of the ocean that is relieved when the ice cap is gone. The ice cap is a reservoir of water that otherwise would not be there but would flow away and disperse to other parts of the globe.
Now water is no longer fluid! DAMN YOU GLOBAL WARMING DENIERS!
Wtf are you talking about you stupid shit bag?

Learn about hydrostatic pressure you twat. GTFO

Nobody cares about this shit in 2016 s0n........would you like me to post up recent polls? Take your pick..............Pew?............Gallup?..........Rasmussen?

How about I'll pick...............:eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

[URL=http://s42.photobucket.com/user/baldaltima/media/pew-priorities_1.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s42.photobucket.com/user/baldaltima/media/bowling.gif.html][/URL]

Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis | Sea ice data updated daily with one-day lag

They just released the ice extent in the arctic today, and it is the 2nd lowest in 1 million years.

The lowest being 2012 due to a very anomalous heat wave that pushed through the barents straight. If that heatwave happened today the reduction in ice this year would be much worse than it already is.

The reduction of ice removes weight from the sea floor and the ceiling above, preventing Methane release to the atmosphere.

As the ice recedes more methane is released, which has even more devastating consequences than CO2.
What sort od "devastating consequence?

Got any proof?

What sort od "devastating consequence?

Got any proof?
There are a lot of scenarios, but most are not proven. A worst case scenario is the shutdown of the deep Atlantic conveyor system. TGlobal Ocean Circulation

Obviously we're seeing some minor ones such as oceans rising and tundra melting. One side effect is the release of smallpox from corpses previously buried in frozen ground: Climate Threat: Thawing Tundra Releases Infected Corpses

Personally, I'm not worried. It is what it is. The Earth has taken major asteroid hits and has had super volcanos. Sure, those things wiped out most life on the surface, but the planet will survive. Evolution will continue. If we wipe ourselves out, some form of life will survive and the cycle will continue.

Is there any proof or evidence that it is the "lowest ice ever"...LOL

Of course there isn't, the OP is a fucking nutjob.
Why are you so worried about it? Let it go. Have fun. Party on. Even if it is a problem, we'll all be long dead before it becomes a serious issue. Heck, most of us will be dead of cardiac disease not global warming. Check your priorities.

Why are you so worried about it? Let it go. Have fun. Party on. Even if it is a problem, we'll all be long dead before it becomes a serious issue. Heck, most of us will be dead of cardiac disease not global warming. Check your priorities.
trillions of dollars wasted is why we worry.

You didn't worry much when Bush was gallivanting around Iraq.

NASA NOAA, proudly cooking the books since 2009.

Why exactly would professionals in their fields that spend their lives doing this and working hard be cooking the books. That would be like a master chief crapping in your order without any reason! Why spend a life time doing something and have no pride in doing it right?

The older I get the more respect I have for the professionals that make all this possible. It will take a lot more then some libertarian on a message board to convince me otherwise.

Why exactly would professionals in their fields that spend their lives doing this and working hard be cooking the books. That would be like a master chief crapping in your order without any reason! Why spend a life time doing something and have no pride in doing it right?

The older I get the more respect I have for the professionals that make all this possible. It will take a lot more then some libertarian on a message board to convince me otherwise.
Just call them Holocaust deniers, it's more accurate.

They're paid government hacks.

Why would they alter the data to lower the 1997 temp 4 degrees Matty?

58>62?

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-21%20at%203.19.31%20PM.png

Are you fucking stupid? I linked to the proof.

You call that article proof? Again, take a look at the arctic temperature record as described by ice cores taken above the Arctic circle...

Screen_shot_2012-10-06_at_11.14.04_AM.png

Considering the fact that the temperatures in the Arctic have been warmer than the present for most of the past 10,000 years, do you really believe that the Arctic ice extent is at its second lowest extent for the past million years?....if so, square your belief with this ice core data...

You didn't worry much when Bush was gallivanting around Iraq.
that was money going for a good cause. the money wasted for useless renewable's and increasing electric bills is not for the good of the country no matter how you wish to spin it.

Baby-facepalm.jpg

Forum List

Back