September 11,2001 in Pennsylvania

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
They had the memorial service there today, President Bush, President, Clinton. VP Biden all gave stirring speeches, as did Ken Salazar. They had prayers and they called upong GOD and Sarah McClaughlin sang about Angels.

Now that sleazebag in NYC.. not so much.

Last edited:
I really think Pres. Clintons speech was nice

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0lGCTdBVuc]Bill Clinton - Battle of Thermopylae and the passengers on United 93 - YouTube[/ame]

Good service over all in fact.

They had the memorial service there today, President Bush, President, Clinton. VP Biden all gave stirring speeches, as did Ken Salazar. They had prayers and they called upong GOD and Sarah McClaughlin sang about Angels.

Which sleazebag in NYC?

Which sleazebag in NYC?

the one who made the decisions of course blooming idiot.

It's sad that you are using 9/11 to bash Rudy Guiliani.

:cuckoo:

it's sad that you're terminally "with stupid" that's what's sad.
You being stupid. No, dear, I jettisoned you many moons ago.

But keep using 9/11 for your stupid fucking idiotic points. It becomes you.

like I give a rat's ass that you "jettisioned" me many moons ago.. gueess knot since you are here being stupid. vewy stupid.

I find it kind of sad that those brave souls are so often overlooked by the more dramatic scenes in NY. I pray their families have found peace.

I really think Pres. Clintons speech was nice

Bill Clinton - Battle of Thermopylae and the passengers on United 93 - YouTube

Good service over all in fact.

I think that was the most moving speech I have heard President Clinton give (and he is an excellent speaker). I can say, having been a soldier, that I do not think there was any hyperbole in the comparison he made.

In every war, in every battle, there is a critical place and time; an objective that MUST be taken, a line which MUST be held, at any cost, and when heroes rise to the occasion with extraordinary valor, they become the stuff of legends. Ten year ago, a group of everyday American men and women on a routine flight suddenly and unexpectedly were snatched from their daily lives into the very front line of a new kind of war. The enemy was not AT the gates; the enemy was iINSIDE the gates, and these people, not professional soldiers, nor even hastily trained reserves, found themselves at the tip of the spear, trapped, beyond help or reinforcement, facing the enemy alone, unarmed but for courage and determination. Yet what they did, in those desperate minutes, was gallantry worthy of the greatest warriors; in those moments, they became soldiers, striking America's first blow against armed foes, and overcoming them at the sacrifice of their own lives. No nation ever owed its finest warriors more humble gratitude, than America owes that extraordinary handful of ordinary citizens. Their place really IS with the 300 Spartans, with the Light Brigade, with Travis, Crockett and Bowie at the Alamo, and the RAF's gallant few. That is the company they now keep. Let us always remember that, as we mourn their loss, honor their sacrifice, salute their valor, and cherish them forever in the heart of a grateful nation.

Now about that memorial; Surely this is something ALL of us Americans can agree on, despite all our other differences. I calculate that with 300 million of us, the remaining bill works out to a bit over...3 CENTS, for each of us. Even in these times, I trust we can afford that much, so let's all join President Clinton and Speaker Boehner in a national effort to get that done. In the battle cry immortalized on Flight 93 that September morning, "LET'S ROLL!"

I have to tell the truth. I was impressed with the speech that GWB gave. He was really eloquent. Best I'd ever seen him.

But I thought Bubba was kind of slow and deliberate. He doesn't seem well to me. But his speech was good.

I have to tell the truth. I was impressed with the speech that GWB gave. He was really eloquent. Best I'd ever seen him.

But I thought Bubba was kind of slow and deliberate. He doesn't seem well to me. But his speech was good.

I too thought Bill Clinton looked very frail.

My sister told me she thought Clinton showed signs of Parkinsons disease. Did anyone else think that?

My sister told me she thought Clinton showed signs of Parkinsons disease. Did anyone else think that?

Really??? I wish I knew more about the disease. I can't say if that's true or not. I wish I knew. He just was not himself at all.

Not sure RW, but it is possible. He does not look well, appears to have aged noticeably, and I thought his voice and speaking cadence sounded somewhat weak and halting, which would be consistent with early Parkinsons. Then again, he's always had allergy problems, so some of the way he sounded might be attributable to another severe flare-up of that. I hope that's all it is; I'm no particular admirer of the man, but I certainly don't wish him any ill health.

Not sure RW, but it is possible. He does not look well, appears to have aged noticeably, and I thought his voice and speaking cadence sounded somewhat weak and halting, which would be consistent with early Parkinsons. Then again, he's always had allergy problems, so some of the way he sounded might be attributable to another severe flare-up of that. I hope that's all it is; I'm no particular admirer of the man, but I certainly don't wish him any ill health.
Prolly an allergic reaction to Dubya.

:lol:

You being stupid. No, dear, I jettisoned you many moons ago.

But keep using 9/11 for your stupid fucking idiotic points. It becomes you.

like I give a rat's ass that you "jettisioned" me many moons ago.. gueess knot since you are here being stupid. vewy stupid.

what kind of knot? i prefer a double looper.

I used to live off of Knott street in Portland. It was kind of funny giving people from out of town directions to the place. "Go north on 24th and Turn right on Knott..."

Clinton's metaphor of Thermopylae is genius. People who stood alone and fought the bad guys and stopped them from whatever evil they planned.

I confess, I found myself thinking 'WTF' when Biden spoke. Man, they really should not let that guy open his mouth. Ever. Not even to eat. :lol:

Forum List

Back