September 11,2001 in Pennsylvania

Clinton did give a nice speech. I just watched the YouTube above, I did not see it on television. It stood out to me, that he ended his speech with 'Let's Roll'....when talking about the 10 million dollars they were still needing.
One of the gents on the plane (United 93), that helped take down the hijackers, his name was Todd Beamer, and his wife wrote a book about the events of that horrible day. His last words to everyone on the plane were---"Let's Roll"
And that is what his wife titled the book.
It's a good read....sad.....but it's only one of many that some of the wives that lost their husbands that day, have written.

Last edited:
I have to tell the truth. I was impressed with the speech that GWB gave. He was really eloquent. Best I'd ever seen him.

But I thought Bubba was kind of slow and deliberate. He doesn't seem well to me. But his speech was good.

My sister told me she thought Clinton showed signs of Parkinsons disease. Did anyone else think that?
He looked thin. Didn't he have heart problems in the past?

I have to tell the truth. I was impressed with the speech that GWB gave. He was really eloquent. Best I'd ever seen him.

But I thought Bubba was kind of slow and deliberate. He doesn't seem well to me. But his speech was good.

My sister told me she thought Clinton showed signs of Parkinsons disease. Did anyone else think that?
I thought they all gave a sincere moving speech. First time I ever heard Biden speak without putting his foot in his mouth. I might not agree with democrats politically but this time I enjoyed their speeches. May God Bless the victims of 9-11 and their families.

He had major bypass surgery a few years back.

I've seen some interviews with him lately, and he does seem to be showing some possible signs of early Parkinsons. Reminds me of my father in-law who recently passed from it. He has a bit of head shake, and seems to pause to collect his thoughts at times.

It's a sad disease, that only progresses, and never regresses.

I in no way want to sound negative towards those brave souls who rushed the cockpit of flight 93 on 9/11, but Clinton and others have implied they did so with the intent of bringing the plane down before it could be crashed somewhere in D.C., sacrificing themselves in so doing.

I'm neither aware they knew the hijackers' destination, nor if they knew the crew was dead or alive. I imagine they were just intent on getting control of the plane away from the bad guys so it could then be landed safely somewhere. But tragically that was not the case.

I in no way want to sound negative towards those brave souls who rushed the cockpit of flight 93 on 9/11, but Clinton and others have implied they did so with the intent of bringing the plane down before it could be crashed somewhere in D.C., sacrificing themselves in so doing.

I'm neither aware they knew the hijackers' destination, nor if they knew the crew was dead or alive. I imagine they were just intent on getting control of the plane away from the bad guys so it could then be landed safely somewhere. But tragically that was not the case.
It was well reported that they had heard what happened with the other flights and said in cell phone conversation that they were not going to let that happen.

Forum List

Back