Separation of church and state?

So, where are the howling leftist mobs? Here we have a public school, supported by government funds, that is sponsoring an event specifically for and apparently limited to, one religious group. Not to mention the sexism on display when an entire gender group is prohibited from attending.

Muslim high school students organize girls-only prom | Daily Mail Online

Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't begrudge them their prom. But, if these girls desire a special event just for them, then their families should all chip in and rent a nice (private) hotel ballroom, or maybe use the space in their neighborhood mosque. Then the event would be private and they could invite or exclude anyone they wanted and no one would have a complaint.

As it is, this event should not be permitted on public (school) property.

The article doesn't say the alternative prom was limited to Muslims. It was, however, limited to girls.

So transgenders can attend?

No, they can't attend the girls' prom.

They can attend the boys' prom, .

What boy's prom?

And remember- your fantasies are not a reality.

So, where are the howling leftist mobs? Here we have a public school, supported by government funds, that is sponsoring an event specifically for and apparently limited to, one religious group. Not to mention the sexism on display when an entire gender group is prohibited from attending.

Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't begrudge them their prom. But, if these girls desire a special event just for them, then their families should all chip in and rent a nice (private) hotel ballroom, or maybe use the space in their neighborhood mosque. Then the event would be private and they could invite or exclude anyone they wanted and no one would have a complaint.

The article doesn't say the alternative prom was limited to Muslims. It was, however, limited to girls.
The article billed it as a "Muslim girls only prom".

No, it did not. The article says multiple times that the event was started by Muslim girls, but not that it is only for Muslim girls. The article describes it as a "girls-only prom" that is "open to all female students at the school." Yes, the article focuses on the Muslim students, but it mentions more than once that it is girls-only, not Muslims-only, as well as pointing out that it was created "for students whose culture frowns on unmarried girls and boys dancing with each other."

So transgenders can attend?

Maybe? ;)

Though my daughter adores boys- she would love to go to an all girl prom in addition to her schools regular prom- because the girls tend to be less awkward about dancing and acting goofy than the boys do.

Well then you will be happy to find out that this even was not held on public school property

It was held here:
PNA Banquet Hall & Club - Hamtramck, MI

And if you go to the school website- you would find that this event is not limited to one religious group- only limited to one gender.

While there might be an issue with that- I will point out that many schools have after school clubs(which this qualifies as) which are gender specific- such as "Girls that Code"
As I stated, I would have no problem if this event was held in a private venue. If so, it doesn't matter who is invited, or not, as it then becomes a private party.
However, given the current push for inclusion of the gender confused (transgender?), it would be disingenuous to exclude anyone who also identifies as a girl.

“So, where are the howling leftist mobs?”

Liberals are laughing at the ignorance of the OP and his moronic thread premise – ignorance typical of most conservatives.

There is no Establishment Clause violation when government action pursues a secular purpose, when government action does not promote or hinder religious practice, and when government action does not facilitate excessive entanglement with religion.

Consequently, there’s nothing to ‘howl’ about – instead we have yet another sad example of the right’s unwarranted fear and hatred of Muslims.

hqdefault.jpg

As much as you want to spread your lies, this has been a common practice throughout history, including among "Christians".

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

This is probably a test event, to feel out how much public funds can be appropriated to Muslim agenda.

Apart from this, there is nothing wrong with girls organizing their own dress and makeup shows. Too bad, Muslims girls are not allowed makeup so the maximum that they can do is a burka parade.

As usual the interpretations of the Establishment Clause are off the mark. It merely prevents the Federal Govt.'s power to favor a particular sect , like Anglicans or Methodists; it did not prevent the state govts. from doing so, and of course many had their state sects, Massachusetts not getting rid of theirs until 1833 or so. It did not mean no religious symbols on govt. property, no Christian theology in schools or where ever.

The Establishment clause itself is taken directly from the founding tenets of an evangelical sect. the Baptists.

Forum List

Back