Senator Marco Rubio 'Gets It'!

Lower the taxes,, widen the base. What's not fair in America is that 50% of us Federal Income Taxes carry the leecing other 50% on our backs.

When you lower your taxes you are also lowering the taxes on the working poor and dropping more people into that 50% that you hate so much

So I assume that your solution is to really lower the taxes on those who are making a good living and raise the taxes on those who are struggling

Disingenuous...

You can not lower taxes below 0.

But you can take people who are just above the line and lower their taxes so that they now pay 0

Lets look at those "leeches" who don't pay taxes and why. The reason you don't have to pay taxes is that your income is low and your deductions drop you below the threshold where you have to pay federal taxes.

What deductions are available to the common taxpayer? Children, Mortgage and taxes on your home, healthcare and childcare expenses.

So Americans (the right calls them leeches) who have taken a paycut because of the tough economy but still have children, a mortgage, childcare expenses so they can work, medical expenses...now no longer have to pay taxes

The solution from the right? Punish them by making them come up with additional taxes while you protect the richest Americans who are actually thriving in this economy

Last edited:
When you lower your taxes you are also lowering the taxes on the working poor and dropping more people into that 50% that you hate so much

So I assume that your solution is to really lower the taxes on those who are making a good living and raise the taxes on those who are struggling

Disingenuous...

But you can take people who are just above the line and lower their taxes so that they now pay 0

Lets look at those "leeches" who don't pay taxes and why. The reason you don't have to pay taxes is that your income is low and your deductions drop you below the threshold where you have to pay federal taxes.

What deductions are available to the common taxpayer? Children, Mortgage and taxes on your home, healthcare and childcare expenses.

So Americans (the right calls them leeches) who have taken a paycut because of the tough economy but still have children, a mortgage, childcare expenses so they can work, medical expenses...now no longer have to pay taxes

The solution from the right? Punish them by making them come up with additional taxes

Correction...

Sure a few on the right call them leeches...most dont.
Just as a few on the left claim that 9-11 was an inside job....most dont.

And you are very jaded. The solution is not to punish them by making them pay additional taxes. That is pure spin and you fell for it.

The solution is to help create an environment that will allow them to earn a better living and add to the revenue of our government.

You see...I am looking at the end to justify the means....you want the means to be as comfortable as the end.

It aint gonna happen. We are going to have to scarifice.

Sorry...it is what it is.

I don't understand how defaulting on our debt is a good thing, please explain.

Oh it's not.

And Rubio is spewing the same nonsense that is the party line for the Republicans.

The whole idea that the government can't raise revenue is dangerous.

How the fuck do you finance a war without raising revenue?

Oh yeah..A Republican did that..then dumped into the lap of a Democrat to take care of.:lol:

So I guess that's how it's done.:doubt:

If I recall, Democrats voted for the war as well as republicans.

Furthermore, republicans were more than willing to take the prsidency in 2008...but the democrats campaigned to take it...so saying a republican DUMPED it in the laps of a democrat is an outright lie. Democrats asked for it.

This is not a partisan issue by any means.....but politicans on both sides want us to make it one.

Yeah..I know Republicans were more then willing to fuck up the country further..but sorry..that majority actually won this time.

And yeah..Conservatives own the Iraq war..lock stock and 2 smoking barrels.

Lower the taxes,, widen the base. What's not fair in America is that 50% of us Federal Income Taxes carry the leecing other 50% on our backs.

Disingenuous...

Sure you can.

Actually..many of the big corporations not only DON'T pay taxes. They get MONEY BACK.

Disingenuous...

The solution from the right? Punish them by making them come up with additional taxes

Correction...

And you are very jaded. The solution is not to punish them by making them pay additional taxes. That is pure spin and you fell for it.

The solution is to help create an environment that will allow them to earn a better living and add to the revenue of our government.

You see...I am looking at the end to justify the means....you want the means to be as comfortable as the end.

That's what happens when the left launches a class war. They want to call the rich, job creators evil? and stingy? and greedy? fine. the 50% who don't pay any taxes and take rebates on the zero they don't pay are leeches. They leech off the evil rich. simple innit?

Oh it's not.

And Rubio is spewing the same nonsense that is the party line for the Republicans.

The whole idea that the government can't raise revenue is dangerous.

How the fuck do you finance a war without raising revenue?

Oh yeah..A Republican did that..then dumped into the lap of a Democrat to take care of.:lol:

So I guess that's how it's done.:doubt:

Furthermore, republicans were more than willing to take the prsidency in 2008...but the democrats campaigned to take it...so saying a republican DUMPED it in the laps of a democrat is an outright lie. Democrats asked for it.

This is not a partisan issue by any means.....but politicans on both sides want us to make it one.

Yeah..I know Republicans were more then willing to fuck up the country further..but sorry..that majority actually won this time.

COnservatives?

Dont you mean the GOP?

Or are you a child that doesnt understand the difference between an ideology and a party?

And dint democrats ALSO vote for the Iraq war?

Sure, they claimed they were lied to by the President but the only ones who believed that were the truly partisan. Afterall...4000 US men and women died...so f it were based on a lie of the CiC there would have been at least 1 hearing.....no?

Nope...this war is owned by America...all of us. We voted the dickheads in. We are responsible.

Correction...

That's what happens when the left launches a class war. They want to call the rich, job creators evil? and stingy? and greedy? fine. the 50% who don't pay any taxes and take rebates on the zero they don't pay are leeches. They leech off the evil rich. simple innit?

the rich only create jobs for the illegals to do work on their many homes. Us leeches are still waiting for the overcompensated to hire us, but after waiting many years, I doubt it will ever happen.

Correction...

Please..identify the "Job Creators" by name. I'd like to meet them. Most of the CEO's I've met..many of whom were making over 10 million a year..were involved in LAYING PEOPLE OFF.

Like Carly Fiorina. (She's one I never met, though..but bully on her to fire 30,000 people after getting overseas profits "re-patriated" with a huge tax cut..thanks to Bush)

COnservatives?

Dont you mean the GOP?

Or are you a child that doesnt understand the difference between an ideology and a party?

Sure, they claimed they were lied to by the President but the only ones who believed that were the truly partisan. Afterall...4000 US men and women died...so f it were based on a lie of the CiC there would have been at least 1 hearing.....no?

Nope...this war is owned by America...all of us. We voted the dickheads in. We are responsible.

Bush lost the majority in 2000. A Conservative judge with a very strange legal decision inserted him into the Presidency. So I mean Conservatives.

And America didn't want that war. Conservatives did.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BeFCOUqsWA&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Cheney Tells America "Go Fu*k yourself‬‏[/ame]

I don't understand how defaulting on our debt is a good thing, please explain.

Here's the way an economist friend of mine put it.... (and he's a liberal, in case that matters)....

If you have a teenager, who's just got his/her first car, and you - being a nice supportive parent - say 'here's a credit card for gas money. The limit it $300'. A week later, your kid comes back, complaining that the card is maxed out. You discover that he/she bought some clothes, paid for dinner when out with their friends. So, you raise the limit to $600 and say 'this is just for gas - do not spend it on anything else'. A couple of weeks later, kid is back - card is maxed out.... same as before, he's been spending all over town. So you raise the limit - let's say $1,000 - and tell him 'gas only'. Couple of weeks later, same situation.... he's back, card is maxed and he's full of excuses and remorse and offers to get a paperround to pay it off.

At what point do you realize that a good parent teaches fiscal responsibility? Is it now or when you're remortgaging your house to pay off his debt?

So, no it's not a good thing.... but it may be the right and sensible thing.

So your analogy is to let the bank take your house because you are unable to say no to your kid. Whether it is fair or not, the debt is still there and you have a responsibility to pay it off. Losing your house (defaulting on your payments) is not a good way to teach your kid financial responsibility

Your analogy is correct in that American voters are like spoiled children. They want low taxes and they want government programs. Mess with either one and they throw a tantrum. So it is easier (and politically prudent) to keep running up debt rather than say no to your spoiled child

Yes the debt has to be paid but continuing to spoil the child just continues the cycle and it becomes never ending. How's that good? How's that workin' out right now?

The prudent thing isn't to let your child get whatever they want and for you to continue running up the debt. The prudent thing is to stop spoiling the child, now, regardless of how much they piss and moan. Get the debt paid down to something manageable without losing the house and in the process reform/rework/re-do the entire process with nothing off the table. Will taxes need to be raised? No doubt. But first? The government has to make serious and concrete changes in spending. Why doesn't congress come up with a bill that says each side has to cut xx% (25%? 35%? -- whatever number would actually make a difference) from their perspective 'sides'? Meaning the left would have to cut from entitlements and the right would have to cut from military. But the cuts would have to be real cuts not some schmancy magic accounting bullshit 'working the numbers' crap. At least this would be a place to start and each side would be cutting 'their own' shit. Just my 2cents anyway . . . .

Disingenuous...

Correction...

I was responding to the poster who calls them leeches on a daily basis

Ask the people who are not currently paying taxes if they would like to return to the economic position where they are paying taxes and I bet all of them would. The increasing number of Americans who have dropped below the threshold of paying taxes is more of a reflection of our current economy than laziness on their part

Republicans are also to blame in that when they sold their tax cut packages, they also had to include tax cuts for the working poor so they could say tax cuts went to "all working Americans". When the economy tanked, those tax cuts pushed more Americans below the threshold

Now, Republicans want to take those cuts back from the working poor out of "fairness" while they fight to maintain the cuts on the rich

Correction...

Please..identify the "Job Creators" by name. I'd like to meet them. Most of the CEO's I've met..many of whom were making over 10 million a year..were involved in LAYING PEOPLE OFF.

Like Carly Fiorina. (She's one I never met, though..but bully on her to fire 30,000 people after getting overseas profits "re-patriated" with a huge tax cut..thanks to Bush)

Your jealousy is showing through.

Curious....

If a business owner invests his life savings into a start up....and over the first 5 years he barley makes a living as he builds his company up so he can be competative.....and after 5 years, he has a staff of 50.....and then a flood hits and completelyt swamps his business and his insurance doesnt cover it becuase it was "an act of God"....so he is forced to close his business.....
Should those other 50 employees share in the loss of his life savings?

A politician who 'gets it'!

He gets how to pander to the base, he’s a blind partisan and ideologue.

And a balanced-budget amendment would be an unmitigated disaster, it’s a cynical political contrivance by the right in an effort to forever do away with hated social programs and entitlements, to the detriment of the working middle class, elderly, and disabled.

Subjective political dogma – left or right – should be kept out of the Constitution.

In other words we should keep borrowing more money to pay for welfare, no matter what the consequences.

And a balanced-budget amendment would be an unmitigated disaster, it’s a cynical political contrivance by the right in an effort to forever do away with hated social programs and entitlements, to the detriment of the working middle class, elderly, and disabled.

Subjective political dogma – left or right – should be kept out of the Constitution.

Maybe you should take notice that we can not afford the social programs and entitlements...especially if we continue to pander to the special interest groups.

Sure...it would be nice if we could....but we can't. Why is that such a hard concept to grasp?

We cannot afford our military. That is the only problem here of any magnitude.

Even if all the wars were ended we still can't afford the entitlement programs...

tumblr_lo6of4yZcb1qmztveo1_500.jpg

Republicans are also to blame in that when they sold their tax cut packages, they also had to include tax cuts for the working poor so they could say tax cuts went to "all working Americans". When the economy tanked, those tax cuts pushed more Americans below the threshold

Now, Republicans want to take those cuts back from the working poor out of "fairness" while they fight to maintain the cuts on the rich

Democrats had the House, Senate, and Presidency for two years. If tax raises are so needed then why didn't they raise them?

You keep blamming Republicans for everything, especially when it comes to taxes, yet when Dems were in complete control they refused to raise taxes. Time to let it go.

Now they want to force Republicans to raise taxes so next election they can immediately turn around and call Republicans the bad guys for raising taxes.

A politician who 'gets it'!

Really,just how would it be ?? who's blind here??

Democrats had the House, Senate, and Presidency for two years. If tax raises are so needed then why didn't they raise them?

You keep blamming Republicans for everything, especially when it comes to taxes, yet when Dems were in complete control they refused to raise taxes. Time to let it go.

Now they want to force Republicans to raise taxes so next election they can immediately turn around and call Republicans the bad guys for raising taxes.

So you support the Democrats in returning to responsible tax rates?

I guess you never read up on that filibuster stuff did you?

COnservatives?

Dont you mean the GOP?

Bush lost the majority in 2000. A Conservative judge with a very strange legal decision inserted him into the Presidency. So I mean Conservatives.

And America didn't want that war. Conservatives did.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BeFCOUqsWA&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Cheney Tells America "Go Fu*k yourself‬‏[/ame]

Strange decision? You mean the guy with less votes should have been declared the winner?

Wow

Your jealousy is showing through.

Curious....

If a business owner invests his life savings into a start up....and over the first 5 years he barley makes a living as he builds his company up so he can be competative.....and after 5 years, he has a staff of 50.....and then a flood hits and completelyt swamps his business and his insurance doesnt cover it becuase it was "an act of God"....so he is forced to close his business.....
Should those other 50 employees share in the loss of his life savings?

What business did John Thain invest in? How about Mitt Romney? How about Marianne Brown? While you are at it..find out what business Dick Grasso invested in? Could you possibly tell me what business Duncan Niederauer started? How about the aforementioned Carly Fiorina..she started HP? How about Dick Fuld..one of the ground uppers at Lehman? Build the buildings..did he? Invested his life savings did he?

Feel free man.

Fill me in.

Forum List

Back