Senator Marco Rubio 'Gets It'!

An excerpt from an e-mail from The Junior Senator from Florida:
The looming debt crisis threatens the financial security of our nation and jeopardizes our chances of rebounding from the financial events of 2008. We are approaching a decisive vote in which Washington will either raise our debt ceiling, effectively indebting our nation further, or be forced to work within our allotted budget. I will not vote to raise the debt limit, unless it is the last time we ever vote to raise it and it is accompanied by a plan for fundamental tax reform, an overhaul of our regulatory structure, a cut to discretionary spending, a balanced-budget amendment, and reforms to save Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.​
Emphasis added by me...
Fair Taxes, Appropriate Regulation, A Budget Balanced by Law

:clap2: A politician who 'gets it'!

Ass-U-Me-ing Senator Rubio produces a voting record that doesn't relegate the above to typical political bullshit, he'll never not get my vote.

:rock: Rubio Rocks!!

You naive wingnuts believe whatever these con men tell you.

The debt ceiling is to pay for what we already bought, not for future spending.

He gets how to pander to the base, he’s a blind partisan and ideologue.

And a balanced-budget amendment would be an unmitigated disaster, it’s a cynical political contrivance by the right in an effort to forever do away with hated social programs and entitlements, to the detriment of the working middle class, elderly, and disabled.

Subjective political dogma – left or right – should be kept out of the Constitution.

Maybe you should take notice that we can not afford the social programs and entitlements...especially if we continue to pander to the special interest groups.

Sure...it would be nice if we could....but we can't. Why is that such a hard concept to grasp?

We cannot afford our military. That is the only problem here of any magnitude.

The ChiComs agree with you.

The looming debt crisis threatens the financial security of our nation and jeopardizes our chances of rebounding from the financial events of 2008. We are approaching a decisive vote in which Washington will either raise our debt ceiling, effectively indebting our nation further, or be forced to work within our allotted budget. I will not vote to raise the debt limit, unless it is the last time we ever vote to raise it and it is accompanied by a plan for fundamental tax reform, an overhaul of our regulatory structure, a cut to discretionary spending, a balanced-budget amendment, and reforms to save Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.​
Emphasis added by me...

Ass-U-Me-ing Senator Rubio produces a voting record that doesn't relegate the above to typical political bullshit, he'll never not get my vote.

That's one of the stupidest things I've ever seen posted on a Bulletin Board

Emphasis added by me...

That's one of the stupidest things I've ever seen posted on a Bulletin Board
Why is that? Is the truth stupid? Maybe for wingnuts who do not care about facts.

I think your analogies are a bit off. To me this is more like a business trying to decide to use a line of credit to keep its day to day operations running smoothly versus not borrowing the money and instead selling off its assets to pay for its day to day operations.

Which our business has done several times to good result: keeping the company strong and competitive.

I don't understand how defaulting on our debt is a good thing, please explain.

Oh it's not.

And Rubio is spewing the same nonsense that is the party line for the Republicans.

The whole idea that the government can't raise revenue is dangerous.

How the fuck do you finance a war without raising revenue?

Oh yeah..A Republican did that..then dumped into the lap of a Democrat to take care of.:lol:

So I guess that's how it's done.:doubt:

He gets how to pander to the base, he’s a blind partisan and ideologue.

And a balanced-budget amendment would be an unmitigated disaster, it’s a cynical political contrivance by the right in an effort to forever do away with hated social programs and entitlements, to the detriment of the working middle class, elderly, and disabled.

Subjective political dogma – left or right – should be kept out of the Constitution.

Maybe you should take notice that we can not afford the social programs and entitlements...especially if we continue to pander to the special interest groups.

Sure...it would be nice if we could....but we can't. Why is that such a hard concept to grasp?

We cannot afford our military. That is the only problem here of any magnitude.

Absolutely.

We haven't had a "defensive" military in ages. Gotta laugh at the loons when they say they want to "go back" to a Constitutional Government...and in the same breath say you can't touch military spending.

If CrusaderFrank and the Wingnuts (great name for a band!) have ANY balls or honesty, they will listen to Governor Mitch Daniels:

Rachel Maddow Show

Start at the 4:00 mark.

I think your analogies are a bit off. To me this is more like a business trying to decide to use a line of credit to keep its day to day operations running smoothly versus not borrowing the money and instead selling off its assets to pay for its day to day operations.

Which our business has done several times to good result: keeping the company strong and competitive.
Or, the company knows that it has so much non-productive day-to-day operations causing the financial problems, and it cuts them. And because its head has been in the sand so long, it may now actually have to sell some assets.

And, as a general post here, if we raise our debt ceiling, our credit rating is going to be shot anyway. There is no hiding this either way. Technically, it may be hidden, but that doesn't matter - the ramifications are the same.

Oh it's not.

And Rubio is spewing the same nonsense that is the party line for the Republicans.

Oh yeah..A Republican did that..then dumped into the lap of a Democrat to take care of.:lol:

Excuse me. did obiedoodle go to Congress and raise revenue for Libya? YOu best be sending him a memo.

Here's the way an economist friend of mine put it.... (and he's a liberal, in case that matters)....

If you have a teenager, who's just got his/her first car, and you - being a nice supportive parent - say 'here's a credit card for gas money. The limit it $300'. A week later, your kid comes back, complaining that the card is maxed out. You discover that he/she bought some clothes, paid for dinner when out with their friends. So, you raise the limit to $600 and say 'this is just for gas - do not spend it on anything else'. A couple of weeks later, kid is back - card is maxed out.... same as before, he's been spending all over town. So you raise the limit - let's say $1,000 - and tell him 'gas only'. Couple of weeks later, same situation.... he's back, card is maxed and he's full of excuses and remorse and offers to get a paperround to pay it off.

At what point do you realize that a good parent teaches fiscal responsibility? Is it now or when you're remortgaging your house to pay off his debt?

So, no it's not a good thing.... but it may be the right and sensible thing.

So your analogy is to let the bank take your house because you are unable to say no to your kid. Whether it is fair or not, the debt is still there and you have a responsibility to pay it off. Losing your house (defaulting on your payments) is not a good way to teach your kid financial responsibility

Your analogy is correct in that American voters are like spoiled children. They want low taxes and they want government programs. Mess with either one and they throw a tantrum. So it is easier (and politically prudent) to keep running up debt rather than say no to your spoiled child

Here's the way an economist friend of mine put it.... (and he's a liberal, in case that matters)....

If you have a teenager, who's just got his/her first car, and you - being a nice supportive parent - say 'here's a credit card for gas money. The limit it $300'. A week later, your kid comes back, complaining that the card is maxed out. You discover that he/she bought some clothes, paid for dinner when out with their friends. So, you raise the limit to $600 and say 'this is just for gas - do not spend it on anything else'. A couple of weeks later, kid is back - card is maxed out.... same as before, he's been spending all over town. So you raise the limit - let's say $1,000 - and tell him 'gas only'. Couple of weeks later, same situation.... he's back, card is maxed and he's full of excuses and remorse and offers to get a paperround to pay it off.

At what point do you realize that a good parent teaches fiscal responsibility? Is it now or when you're remortgaging your house to pay off his debt?

So your analogy is to let the bank take your house because you are unable to say no to your kid. Whether it is fair or not, the debt is still there and you have a responsibility to pay it off. Losing your house (defaulting on your payments) is not a good way to teach your kid financial responsibility

Your analogy is correct in that American voters are like spoiled children. They want low taxes and they want government programs. Mess with either one and they throw a tantrum. So it is easier (and politically prudent) to keep running up debt rather than say no to your spoiled child

Hence the death of Paygo.

Lower the taxes,, widen the base. What's not fair in America is that 50% of us Federal Income Taxes carry the leecing other 50% on our backs.

Good points. People that want their government programs without having to pay for them are entitlement junkies. That describes a lot of people on the right.

Lower the taxes,, widen the base. What's not fair in America is that 50% of us Federal Income Taxes carry the leecing other 50% on our backs.

When you lower your taxes you are also lowering the taxes on the working poor and dropping more people into that 50% that you hate so much

So I assume that your solution is to really lower the taxes on those who are making a good living and raise the taxes on those who are struggling

Oh it's not.

If I recall, Democrats voted for the war as well as republicans.

Furthermore, republicans were more than willing to take the prsidency in 2008...but the democrats campaigned to take it...so saying a republican DUMPED it in the laps of a democrat is an outright lie. Democrats asked for it.

This is not a partisan issue by any means.....but politicans on both sides want us to make it one.

When you lower your taxes you are also lowering the taxes on the working poor and dropping more people into that 50% that you hate so much

So I assume that your solution is to really lower the taxes on those who are making a good living and raise the taxes on those who are struggling

Disingenuous...

You can not lower taxes below 0.

No only do 50% of Americans not pay FEDERAL INCOME TAX we give the a REBATE on the ZERO they didn't pay..

Forum List

Back