Senator Cory Booker introduces bill to legalize marijuana all across America

I meant fast food has a horrible effect on people but we don't ban it. Its chock full of preservatives and sugars and sodium. Its downright frightening. But banning it isnt the answer. Eating it perhaps once a month should be ok. But we criminalize those who light up a joint now and then. for what?
If big corporations could dominate the pot industry, it would be legalized within two weeks and they would be saturating the air waves with pot commercials to the point 90% of the public would recommend it to everyone and let their kids smoke it too.

I'm glad our elected officials are focusing on the important shit....

/sarcasm

Useless tools running our country
The marijuana industry, like the gaming industry, is not only a job creator but a revenue machine. It's important if you want jobs, a regulated drug trade, increased tax revenue for states and municipalities and a decrease in our prison population.

Frankly, I don't see a down side.
Is the drug safe or harmful?

I meant fast food has a horrible effect on people but we don't ban it. Its chock full of preservatives and sugars and sodium. Its downright frightening. But banning it isnt the answer. Eating it perhaps once a month should be ok. But we criminalize those who light up a joint now and then. for what?
If big corporations could dominate the pot industry, it would be legalized within two weeks and they would be saturating the air waves with pot commercials to the point 90% of the public would recommend it to everyone and let their kids smoke it too.
Would you let your kids smoke cigarettes? Where are those cigarette commercials?

Would you let your kids smoke cigarettes? Where are those cigarette commercials?
My kids are 29 and 27 yo and I would let them and be more concerned about their judgement than their health.

And marijuana is not tobacco, so the cigarette commercial issue is irrelevant.

Marijuana has not been linked to lung cancer, has it?

No one puts tar in joints.

It'll never make it past Trumps desk. Nice political move by Booker I guess.

A nation of drug addicts. That's the way to prosperity!
Disagreed. Just because alcohol is legal didn't create a nation of alcoholics as the authoritarian asshats forecast.

Carrie-Nation-3230319-x1.jpg

We accept any Nation but Carrie.

My kids are 29 and 27 yo and I would let them and be more concerned about their judgement than their health.

Plus one can get vaporizers for smoking pot, just like for smoking tobacco/nicotine, which basically eliminates the main hazards involved.

Plus one can get vaporizers for smoking pot, just like for smoking tobacco/nicotine, which basically eliminates the main hazards involved.

If it were legalized, and I was in a position that I could try it, I would do the edibles and not smoke. Of course I wouldn't want the ones that get you high with THC, I'd want the string that is just for pain, to replace the medicine I take for my fucked up back.

If it were legalized, and I was in a position that I could try it, I would do the edibles and not smoke. Of course I wouldn't want the ones that get you high with THC, I'd want the string that is just for pain, to replace the medicine I take for my fucked up back.

have to be careful with edibles, a much different high and can be debilitating to some not use to it or unsure of a proper dose.

You aren't going to die, but you either may not be able to walk, or may curl up in a ball thinking you will be high FOREVER AND EVER and you will never salivate again.

It is if a girl you get high gives you sexual favors and she has to have it to give you those favors and you like run out and become desperate...

Is that what you think people who smoke pot do?

A nation of drug addicts. That's the way to prosperity!
Disagreed. Just because alcohol is legal didn't create a nation of alcoholics as the authoritarian asshats forecast.

Carrie-Nation-3230319-x1.jpg
Drug use is way different than alcohol. An addict is an addict 100% of the time.

Employers are already complaining about the scarcity of employees that aren't addicts.
An alcoholic is an alcoholic 100% of the time. I fail to see the difference.

More importantly is the concept of individualism versus the authoritarian assholes who seek to dictate how Americans should live, think and believe. We, the People has a right of self-determination. The only time government assholes should become involved is when the rights of one person conflict with the rights of another. Example, it's one thing for a person to poison themselves with drug and/or alcohol, it's another for them to act as a doctor when doing so or driving a car.

A dictator is a dictator regardless if they are Left Wing or Right Wing.

I'm glad our elected officials are focusing on the important shit....

/sarcasm

Useless tools running our country
The marijuana industry, like the gaming industry, is not only a job creator but a revenue machine. It's important if you want jobs, a regulated drug trade, increased tax revenue for states and municipalities and a decrease in our prison population.

Frankly, I don't see a down side.
Yeah, it's not that important. We have TONS of issues that are in need of attention and pot is at the bottom of that list, if it's even on the list.
Most Americans don't care if your nasty habit is legal or not.
What a pity you cannot fathom multitasking. Tax breaks for millionaire isn't important. Eliminating health care for millions of Americans isn't important. Spending billions on a wall isn't important.

Creating,jobs and enhancing revenues is important.
Jobs can't be created for addicts. They don't show up. They show up and can't work.

No country can exist if a large percentage of the population is on drugs.
Like drunks?

Forum List

Back