Senate Trial Should Last No More Than 5 Minutes

Before you light into Mr. Bush92, jc456, please read the Constitution a little more closely. Thx.
like the house, the senate makes their own rules. nothing to do with the constitution. if you wish to walk that road, the senate doesn't listen to witnesses, only the managers from the house.
Every impeachment trial in the Senate has included witnesses.
BTW, every impeachment investigation in the house allowed the minority to bring in witnesses. Did the repubs get to bring in witnesses for trump? just say no and call it a day.
Actually they did!

Gordon Sondland
Kurt Volker
Tim Morrison
Jonathan Turley

Did you not know this?
hahahahahahahahahahahaha Turley wasn't a witness. too fking funny on the others, none of those were repubs.

Turley was an expert witness. Everyone I listed was a witness called by House Republicans. It’s a fact.

McConnell sets stage for impeachment trial launch, warns 'both sides' could call witnesses
Not a single violation of federal law in any of the Articles of Impeachment. Trump lawyers should motion to dismiss with Chief Justice Roberts, who acts as trial judge, and he should immediately dismiss for lack of a tangible crime.
submissive fks the GOP are. why do the dems getting to call witnesses? The GOP wasn't allowed to in the house! what the fk is wrong with the submissive fks on the right? hly shit, the stupid that is them is amazing.
Before you light into Mr. Bush92, jc456, please read the Constitution a little more closely. Thx.
so did you post that line in the constitution yet?
It's in my link, sir. I regret you failed to notice. I looked up, however, Articles I and II, and Article I, Section 3, Paragraph 6 says (and I quote) :
The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.
Article I may be read here: U.S. Constitution - Article I | Resources | Constitution Annotated | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

Article II may be read here: U.S. Constitution - Article II | Resources | Constitution Annotated | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

I hope that helps you out.

McConnell sets stage for impeachment trial launch, warns 'both sides' could call witnesses
Not a single violation of federal law in any of the Articles of Impeachment. Trump lawyers should motion to dismiss with Chief Justice Roberts, who acts as trial judge, and he should immediately dismiss for lack of a tangible crime.
submissive fks the GOP are. why do the dems getting to call witnesses? The GOP wasn't allowed to in the house! what the fk is wrong with the submissive fks on the right? hly shit, the stupid that is them is amazing.
It's in my link, sir. I regret you failed to notice. I looked up, however, Articles I and II, and Article I, Section 3, Paragraph 6 says (and I quote) :
The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.
Article I may be read here: U.S. Constitution - Article I | Resources | Constitution Annotated | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

Article II may be read here: U.S. Constitution - Article II | Resources | Constitution Annotated | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

where's the part that there should be witnesses?

The public is watching. They know a coverup when they see one.

You are not reading as I requested, but here's what it sez: "The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments." See link in my neareast above post, Please, as I quoted from the link and published it there for your perusual.

Again, "The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments."

I really doubt it will be this simple. I see the Senate trial going on for at least a week or two. McConnell won't give short shrift to the House so that they can then claim an unfair hearing! McConnell will do exactly what the law requires, no more.

You are not reading as I requested, but here's what it sez: "The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments." See link in my neareast above post, Please, as I quoted from the link and published it there for your perusual.
I'm still looking for where it's mandatory for witnesses? still failed.

The public is watching. They know a coverup when they see one.
The public gave their votes to both House Representatives and Senators, according to the Constitution's provisions. I've done enough homework for the members and left the government sources for perusal of the Constitution on the relevant pages that I found. When we vote for legislators, they in turn, hopefully using their consciences as best they can, vote as they see fit. An impeachment should not be about parties, but this morning, we witnessed a House Speaker's rubbing it in to the President that she did something that would forever smear him. For that, I hope she is severly disciplined as it requires for her to resign and turn the gavel over to someone with less to gain by saying dorky stuff in a very bad situation for the people of this nation, that she would thrill to the "forever" smear she just forced on the nation against the people's elected President. She will never, ever be welcome in my home for her horrific statement of self-aggrandizement that she feels over hurting the people of the United States through impeaching an innocent man of not high crimes, but for her fury and hatred which she has consistently expressed since the moment he won the Republican nomination for running for President and has done all she can do to make his life just as hard as she possibly could out of this myopic anger she has over her party's loss of the Executive Branch which it had counted on to put Communism over Constitution of a free people.

That belongs to the Senators present the power to decide, genius. Is that detail not understood as who decides what in your nailed-shut mind? See a surgeon!!!

That belongs to the Senators present the power to decide, genius. Is that detail not understood as who decides what in your nailed-shut mind? See a surgeon!!!
oh, so witnesses are not guaranteed? then why did you ask me to read the constitution? I already knew that and said that. you ok?

oh, so witnesses are not guaranteed? then why did you ask me to read the constitution? I already knew that and said that. you ok?
Yes, I'm so ok, I know you're fulla bull, and I am putting you, jc456, on ignore for the duration due to your failure to understand what the Constitution said about who makes the decisions and when. Your pretentiousness of ignorance and refusal to "get it" is why you are on my ignore list, and nothing else.

Last edited:
Nadler has been after Trump since the eighties, it's like he's the coyote and Trump is the roadrunner.
There is one difference. President Trump is innocent of any high crime or misdemeanor. His record is a clean state. He does what he is required by law to do--protect the interests of the people of the United States. I'm sorry the Democrats take issue with his good decisions and have outdone themselves trying to destroy the man the people elected according to the Constitution of the United States. And they've done it in the full dishonor of the false narrative they used like propaganda, moving goalposts when the latest lie was debunked, time after time.

Yes, I'm so ok, I know you're fulla bull, and I am putting you, jc456, on ignore for the duration due to your failure to understand what the Constitution said about who makes the decisions and when. Your pretentiousness of ignorance and refusal to "get it" is why you are on my ignore list, and nothing else.

That'll surely break his heart

Forum List

Back