Senate tax bill will hurt the poor worse than originally thought

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Another tax break for the rich at the expense of the poor and working poor

Senate GOP tax bill hurts the poor more than originally thought, CBO finds

The Senate Republican tax plan would give substantial tax cuts and benefits to Americans earning more than $100,000 a year, while the nation's poorest would be worse off, according to a report released Sunday by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office.

By 2019, Americans earning less than $30,000 a year would be worse off under the Senate bill, CBO found. By 2021, Americans earning $40,000 or less would be net losers, and by 2027, people earning less than $75,000 a year would be worse off. On the flip side, millionaires and those earning $100,000 to $500,000 would be big beneficiaries, according to CBO calculations.

Just in time for Christmas.......Republicans give a huge tax break to the rich

Hello. The Republican bill raises the tax rate of the lowest tax bracket by 20%.

A man, no children, earning minimum wage already pays a higher tax rate than billionaires.

Mommy.....why do people vote Republican?

pauvrete-poverty.png

Because they are assholes dear

Yes....we all know that cutting taxes hurts the poor more than anyone.
What even worse is the rich getting a tax break.
This evil must stop now.

It takes away from the poor to finance tax cuts

Yes....we all know that cutting taxes hurts the poor more than anyone.

What don't fucktards understand about raising the tax rate of the lowest tax bracket by 20%. Fucktards have skulls full of shit, else they'd know those tax breaks for the rich will be paid for by an increased burden on the working people, one way or another.

The Senate Republican tax plan would give substantial tax cuts and benefits to Americans earning more than $100,000 a year, while the nation's poorest would be worse off, according to a report released Sunday by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office.

By 2019, Americans earning less than $30,000 a year would be worse off under the Senate bill, CBO found. By 2021, Americans earning $40,000 or less would be net losers, and by 2027, people earning less than $75,000 a year would be worse off. On the flip side, millionaires and those earning $100,000 to $500,000 would be big beneficiaries, according to CBO calculations.

Ah the CBO, the GIGO Calculator of the government.

You are free to provide a source that contradicts the CBO

You are free to provide a source that contradicts the CBO

I'm sure someone else will use the CBO calculator to provide opposite information.

Personally I think every person in the nation who makes any money at all should pay federal tax. Why the fuck shouldn't they help pay for our military, national parks and highways, etc?

As for the tax plan, OAN's Ledger has been flipping the shit out because there's a bubble tax on the rich that puts them at an effective 46.something% tax rate (vs the present 36%) No surprise the wealth network is irritated by a rate increase heh

From what I've seen on the subject /most/ American's will see a tax decrease, some, those who pay jack shit in now, will indeed be asked to "pay their fair share" - wwaaaahhhh

Yes it has a "honeymoon" clause; most do. IF it stuck around past 2025 without an increase in the economy those rates would have to go up - and with the existing plan it'd have to go up a shit ton more than that to make ends meet, so whatever.

I'm meh on the plan, we'll get hit a bit individually, a couple percent higher on one job, the other job falls under small business so we'll get a decrease; all in all it's a slight decrease in our taxes. Maybe 1 or 2%, if the fuckers don't kill the ACA individual mandate they'll have it right back because I refuse to be forced to buy a scam like health insurance when I have cash on hand to pay for my health care.

I may or may not eat the higher individual tax rates and take out some more monies...

Forum List

Back