Senate rejects Paul effort to cut spending by 2%~ ALL DemonRATS voted against Paul

I guess you are right...smaller government and less spending is about as fringe as one can get these days since both parties are against such things

I guess you are right...smaller government and less spending is about as fringe as one can get these days since both parties are against such things

True

And crying in your beer is not going to make them change

You have to get involved

Notice that only half of the republicans voted against less spending but all of the democrats voted against

This is the game they play...just enough vote for it so that folks like you will think some of them actually care so you will keep voting for them.

This is the game they play...just enough vote for it so that folks like you will think some of them actually care so you will keep voting for them.

Yes there is some truth to that

Why dont dems play the same game?

They proudly vote 100% against smaller government for a reason

The Dems are more honest about it because their faithful want a bigger government.

The Repubs play the game because people still fall for it

The Dems are more honest about it because their faithful want a bigger government.

You make my argument for me

Democrat voters 100% want bigger government and more welfare

Republican voters do not

Or at least not en mass like the dems

Small government conservatives are close to a majority within the republican party but do not have enough numbers for complete controL

Yet fence sitters like you claim there is no difference in the parties when clearly there is

republican voters may not but 100% of the time the repube party does

what are my wants and desires other than the constitution being followed??

Whatever they are no ones going to give them to you

You have to get involved to make things happen

I am involved in every election and outspoken where ever I go,,

what else can a guy do when so many reject the rule of law and the constitution???

what else can a guy do when so many reject the rule of law and the constitution???

The republicans are much closer to your ideals than democrats are

If you refuse to pick the side that offers the best chance of success your arent really trying at all

based on the repubes record they hold no constitutional values,, and you even admitted they dont unless they have no other choice,,,

based on the repubes record they hold no constitutional values,, and you even admitted they dont unless they have no other choice,,,

Then why do you insist on giving republican swamp rats in washington a choice?

Millions of republican voters want smaller government just like you but dont have you within the party to help put them in control of the party

me not voting republican is my message to them that they dont get my vote unless they change their ways,,,

the problem is theirs not mine,,,

True

You have to get involved

Notice that only half of the republicans voted against less spending but all of the democrats voted against

Republican voters do not

Small government conservatives are close to a majority within the republican party but do not have enough numbers for complete contro

Yet fence sitters like you claim there is no difference in the parties when clearly there is

One more time, I am not a fence sitter...you calling me that just shows your ignorance of what the term means.

There is a difference in the people that vote for each party, there is little difference in the actions of the party members in the government. The only differences are a few social issues.

It will never change as long as sheep like you vote for them regardless of if their actions match their words

It will never change as long as sheep like you vote for them regardless of if their actions match their words

It will never change as long as fence sitters like you refuse to get involved

And voting for some loser who receives 1% of the votes IS NOT getting involved

True

You have to get involved

Republican voters do not

Small government conservatives are close to a majority within the republican party but do not have enough numbers for complete controL

Not true

Though imperfect, if repubs were not in control of the senate and white house the democrats would be running wild with big government insanity

Far, far worse than we have now

Republican voters do not

Small government conservatives are close to a majority within the republican party but do not have enough numbers for complete contro

One more time, I am not a fence sitter...you calling me that just shows your ignorance of what the term means.

There is a difference in the people that vote for each party, there is little difference in the actions of the party members in the government. The only differences are a few social issues.

If you sheep would leave the pen and join us we could make a difference. There is no difference to be made by voting for the same party year after year even though they do not actually hold the same values as you.

Republican voters do not

Not true

Though imperfect, if repubs were not in control of the senate and white house the democrats would be running wild with big government insanity

opinions vary,,,

and the only difference is rate of decay, not that one party is doing it and the other isnt,,,

Republican voters do not

Not true

You have some imagination,

Whatever they are no ones going to give them to you

You have to get involved to make things happen

If you refuse to pick the side that offers the best chance of success your arent really trying at all

Millions of republican voters want smaller government just like you but dont have you within the party to help put them in control of the party

me not voting republican is my message to them that they dont get my vote unless they change their ways,,,

Check

You like your politics spoon fed to you rather than going out and getting it yourself

Republican voters do not

If you sheep would leave the pen and join us we could make a difference

. There is no difference to be made by voting for the same party year after year even though they do not actually hold the same values as you.

If you sheep would leave the pen and join us we could make a difference

If repub voters “left the pen” as you say democrsts would control everything

I marvel at fence sitting libs who think its better to design and build a new bus from scratch rather than learning the drive the one we already have

Republican voters do not

Not true

Apparently you have none at all

Check

You like your politics spoon fed to you rather than going out and getting it yourself

what do you recommend I do

I marvel at fence sitting libs who think its better to design and build a new bus from scratch rather than learning the drive the one we already have

You leave the Repub pen and vote for a 3rd party then they would have as many seats as the Repubs do now and maybe things would change.

But instead you are driving the same old bus down a hill but are too stupid to know the breaks don't work.

As long as you keep blindly voting for them they have no reason to change.

...and a bunch of feckless. Scumbag Republicsns who are as bad as the party of INFANTICIDE who want to drive us into complete financial ruin!!!

-----------

The Senate on Monday rejected an effort by Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) to place an across-the-board spending cut in a domestic funding package being debated by lawmakers.

Senators voted 24-67 on the amendment from Paul, which would reduce spending by 2 percent compared to fiscal 2019 levels.

The amendment, had Paul been successful, would have been added to a spending package that includes commerce, science and justice; transportation and housing and urban development; agriculture; and interior.

Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.), the top Democrat on the Senate Appropriations Committee, urged senators to oppose Paul's amendment.

"His amendment will slash spending below the bipartisan budget act that we all negotiated," Leahy said from the Senate floor ahead of the vote.

It's the latest attempt by Paul, a libertarian-leaning GOP senator, to slash spending, only to be rebuffed by a majority of his Senate colleagues. The Senate previously rejected a balanced budget proposal from Paul in June.

The Club for Growth, a conservative outside group, tried to build support for Paul's amendment ahead of Monday's vote, warning it would factor how senators voted into its legislative scorecard.

"KEY VOTE ALERT: @club4growth urges all Senators to vote YES on Senator @RandPaul’s Amendment to begin balancing the budget and reign in out-of-control spending #StandWithRand," Club for Growth tweeted on Monday.

(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...
I must be mellowing as time passes, or perhaps it is due to my shift into collapsitarianism. First instinct for such news used to be “Kill ‘em all, let God sort them out”. Now I just chuckle and await the boogaloo.

I wouldn't vote for an across the board cut either.

It is the only chance we have of getting debt under control.

No it is a cowardly out to avoid making tough decisions. Some programs need to go while others are underfunded as is

nothing in our Govt is under funded.

5% across the board cut in every agency and then you do more strategic cuts.

If medicare and social security aren't underfunded, then why so much chatter about them heading to insolvency?

I wouldn't vote for an across the board cut either.

It is the only chance we have of getting debt under control.

No it is a cowardly out to avoid making tough decisions. Some programs need to go while others are underfunded as is

nothing in our Govt is under funded.

5% across the board cut in every agency and then you do more strategic cuts.

If medicare and social security aren't underfunded, then why so much chatter about them heading to insolvency?

In 2017 there was more than 60 billion dollars paid in "billing errors" for Medicare. Should we fix these sorts of problems or just keep throwing more money at it?

Check

I can only say what I did

The republicans best fit my conservative ideals and are the only force that can defeat the democrats who I despise

They are not perfect

but having to depend on a conservative base to get elected they are better than nothing

Which is what America gets from one-paty rule by vvliberal democrats

You and the other guy here are sitting on the sidelines waiting for someone to deliver perfection, political nirvana, and place it in your lap

And that will never happen in the real world

You leave the Repub pen and vote for a 3rd party then they would have as many seats as the Repubs do now and maybe things would change.

But instead you are driving the same old bus down a hill but are too stupid to know the breaks don't work.

We are just repeating ourselves now

The actual record shows that when the republican party loses its democrats who win

Not 3rd party idealists

We are just repeating ourselves now

The actual record shows that when the republican party loses its democrats who win

Not 3rd party idealists

Yes that is what happens now...and that happens because people like you are unwilling to change even though what you are doing has not been working for the last couple decades

Forum List

Back