Senate rejects Paul effort to cut spending by 2%~ ALL DemonRATS voted against Paul

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
...and a bunch of feckless. Scumbag Republicsns who are as bad as the party of INFANTICIDE who want to drive us into complete financial ruin!!!

-----------

The Senate on Monday rejected an effort by Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) to place an across-the-board spending cut in a domestic funding package being debated by lawmakers.

Senators voted 24-67 on the amendment from Paul, which would reduce spending by 2 percent compared to fiscal 2019 levels.

The amendment, had Paul been successful, would have been added to a spending package that includes commerce, science and justice; transportation and housing and urban development; agriculture; and interior.

Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.), the top Democrat on the Senate Appropriations Committee, urged senators to oppose Paul's amendment.

"His amendment will slash spending below the bipartisan budget act that we all negotiated," Leahy said from the Senate floor ahead of the vote.

It's the latest attempt by Paul, a libertarian-leaning GOP senator, to slash spending, only to be rebuffed by a majority of his Senate colleagues. The Senate previously rejected a balanced budget proposal from Paul in June.

The Club for Growth, a conservative outside group, tried to build support for Paul's amendment ahead of Monday's vote, warning it would factor how senators voted into its legislative scorecard.

"KEY VOTE ALERT: @club4growth urges all Senators to vote YES on Senator @RandPaul’s Amendment to begin balancing the budget and reign in out-of-control spending #StandWithRand," Club for Growth tweeted on Monday.

(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuudge Congress.

We need a 50% spending cut immediately.

I mean, immediately.

Eff global warming. This debt will crush our economy and we will be Greece within 10 years. It’s a mathematical absolute.

Yet come next Nov you will still vote for those same Repubs...

That is a gross mischaracterization. Next November he will only have the choice of voting for ONE of those Republicans, and that Republican May very well be one who voted for Paul’s Amendment.

75% of Americans disapprove of the job congress is doing, yet ”YOU” keep sending all those democrats back.

The reality is that we generally disapprove of the members as a whole, but approve of our individual senators and Representatives.

That is a gross mischaracterization. Next November he will only have the choice of voting for ONE of those Republicans, and that Republican May very well be one who voted for Paul’s Amendment.

75% of Americans disapprove of the job congress is doing, yet ”YOU” keep sending all those democrats back.

The reality is that we generally disapprove of the members as a whole, but approve of our individual senators and Representatives.

I have never voted for a Dem for Senate in my close to 40 years of voting.

I have maybe voted for 3 Dems for the House in that time and none in the last 20 years.

So, do not blame this shit on me, I left the duopoly decades ago

I have maybe voted for 3 Dems for the House in that time and none in the last 20 years.

considering that you lie more than tell the truth this means you vote dem party line 100% of the time,,,

considering that you lie more than tell the truth this means you vote dem party line 100% of the time,,,

Poor little partisan sheep...you have nothing left but empty accusations.

How quickly you have turned into one more joke

how can I be a partisan when I have never voted for either party and have called for both partys to be declared terrorist groups and banned from the USA

youre just mad I keep catching you lying,,,

Oh ok, it’s not your fault, but you didn’t hesitate to accuse the OP for voting for those Republicans without any knowledge of his voting record. You don’t have to practice hypocrisy anymore, you got it down perfectly.

Another example of fiscal responsibility being a canard. The GOP has zero credibility on the issue.

...and a bunch of feckless. Scumbag Republicsns who are as bad as the party of INFANTICIDE who want to drive us into complete financial ruin!!!

-----------

The Senate on Monday rejected an effort by Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) to place an across-the-board spending cut in a domestic funding package being debated by lawmakers.

Senators voted 24-67 on the amendment from Paul, which would reduce spending by 2 percent compared to fiscal 2019 levels.

The amendment, had Paul been successful, would have been added to a spending package that includes commerce, science and justice; transportation and housing and urban development; agriculture; and interior.

Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.), the top Democrat on the Senate Appropriations Committee, urged senators to oppose Paul's amendment.

"His amendment will slash spending below the bipartisan budget act that we all negotiated," Leahy said from the Senate floor ahead of the vote.

It's the latest attempt by Paul, a libertarian-leaning GOP senator, to slash spending, only to be rebuffed by a majority of his Senate colleagues. The Senate previously rejected a balanced budget proposal from Paul in June.

The Club for Growth, a conservative outside group, tried to build support for Paul's amendment ahead of Monday's vote, warning it would factor how senators voted into its legislative scorecard.

"KEY VOTE ALERT: @club4growth urges all Senators to vote YES on Senator @RandPaul’s Amendment to begin balancing the budget and reign in out-of-control spending #StandWithRand," Club for Growth tweeted on Monday.

You do realize that if only the Democrats had voted against him it would have passed, right?

Yet come next Nov you will still vote for those same Repubs..”

Do you have a better idea?

The only alternative in the general election to a republican who is wrong 50% of the time is a democrat who is wrong ALL the time

how can I be a partisan when I have never voted for either party and have called for both partys to be declared terrorist groups and banned from the USA

I have never seen you say a bad thing about the Repubs

I have never seen you say a bad thing about the Repubs

see youre a liar cause I just did,,,

not sure how I can be more critical of them than calling them terrorists,,,

Yet come next Nov you will still vote for those same Repubs..”

Do you have a better idea?

The only alternative in the general election to a republican who is wrong 50% of the time is a democrat who is wrong ALL the time

There are almost always more than two choices...you people will just not vote for them

-----------

You do realize that if only the Democrats had voted against him it would have passed, right?
Simpleton, go back and see what I said about feckless Republicans....as I said, the laughing stock of the day

Forum List

Back