Senate poised to break budget impasse, paving way for government to reopen

Based on Schumer's speech, he won this battle with the GOP hands down. He stated it will remain open until Feb 8th, at which time the bi-partisans will go to the floor and will vote on a DACA proposal. Game, set, match I fear Trump either underestimated the Democrats or doesn't care for his political future anymore. I believe there has to be something to allow some to stay and a process to become citizens, but you cannot do so without the border funding and other considerations.

Get ready for DACA folks and I'm guessing once again GOP gives away something with nothing in return. This would spell disaster for the GOP in the mid terms and most likely re-election in 2020. One million votes for the Democrats, and all it took was three days of no government. Wow. Of course, the House is much tougher to pass anything of this nature.

Get the wall Mr. Trump, do NOT agree without full funding for the wall, chain migration and lottery. Anything else and you've lost politically and otherwise.
>

McConnell was up before Schumer's speech.

McConnell promised to bring DACA to the floor prior to the February 8th expiration of the CR to be voted on today.

They both compromised. McConnell agreed to bring DACA to a vote and Schumer agreed to the CR and the President got what he requested for the wall.

Each got something.

>>>>
Dems got nothing. The DACA debate was going to happen at a later date anyway.

Schumer got exactly what he wanted. He knows after it passes the Senate, it will go to the House forcing Ryan to have to get the radical right nutjobs to agree to it. Now the ball is in Ryans court. If the House idiots on his side fail to pass it, the shut down goes from Mitch McConnell to Paul Ryan.

The Dems come out of the otherside looking like heroes to their base, and the House radical righties face annihilation by their base for even looking like they will protect the Dreamers.

If McConnell doesn't bring a floor vote in February, Schumer goes on television and says oh well, we tried, see how dysfunctional the Republicand are.

Now Trumpy is forced to deal with the Democrats to agree to a DACA fix, and the radical right base is now disgruntled with the orange man.

You're in a no win situation with DACA sunshine.

DACA for the Dreamers is not a problem.

DACA (Democrats Against Citizens of America) was Chuckie's problem!

10-1 dreamers stay ..
They should stay. They just shouldn't be given citizenship until ALL of the LEGAL IMMIGRANTS seeking citizenship have been given same.

President Trump is not against the DACA recipients staying. He just wants the process to be LEGAL by way of legislation passed by Congress and not ILLEGAL by way of Obama's EO.

Obama ignored the Constitution....many times. Trump is fixing that shit....one piece at a time!
It would send a message to others that you really don't have to pay attention to US immigration law. Just cross the border, disappear, and in a few years the Democrats will give your kids (and probably you) citizenship....

Based on Schumer's speech, he won this battle with the GOP hands down. He stated it will remain open until Feb 8th, at which time the bi-partisans will go to the floor and will vote on a DACA proposal. Game, set, match I fear Trump either underestimated the Democrats or doesn't care for his political future anymore. I believe there has to be something to allow some to stay and a process to become citizens, but you cannot do so without the border funding and other considerations.

Get ready for DACA folks and I'm guessing once again GOP gives away something with nothing in return. This would spell disaster for the GOP in the mid terms and most likely re-election in 2020. One million votes for the Democrats, and all it took was three days of no government. Wow. Of course, the House is much tougher to pass anything of this nature.

Get the wall Mr. Trump, do NOT agree without full funding for the wall, chain migration and lottery. Anything else and you've lost politically and otherwise.
Schumer got his ass kicked and that is why he is caving Now!

There will be NO DACA deal in this CR, but they had one before that they Torpedoed, because they want Open Borders and Amnesty and Trump isn't going to do that.

He wants Allocation....Not Appropriations for THE WALL. Schumer tried to dick the president over on this and now gets NOTHING. Trump will get his wall.

He will get an end to Chain Migration

He will get an end to the Visa Lottery.

Dems get only a promise to debate and try to pass legislation trying to LEGALIZE DACA.

They royally fucked themselves, because they could have had their DACA and had it done....LAST week.

They had the entire bill written up and DACA was the compromise THE PRESIDENT OFFERED and THOSE IDIOTS REJECTED IT to MAKE SOME INANE POINT THAT NOT ONE MOTHER FUCKER ON THIS PLANET WILL REMEMBER.

Last edited:

Schumer got his ass kicked. There will be NO DACA deal in this CR, but they had one before that they Torpedoed, because they want Open Borders and Amnesty and Trump isn't going to do that.

He wants Allocation....Not Approriations for THE WALL. Schumer tried to dick the president over on this and now gets NOTHING. Trump will get his wall.

Dems get only a promise to debate and try to pass legislation trying to LEGALIZE DACA.

^^^^^^^^^^

delusional nutcase

Donald isn't getting a wall, bigot boy.

Schumer got his ass kicked and that is why he is caving Now!

There will be NO DACA deal in this CR, but they had one before that they Torpedoed, because they want Open Borders and Amnesty and Trump isn't going to do that.

He wants Allocation....Not Approriations for THE WALL. Schumer tried to dick the president over on this and now gets NOTHING. Trump will get his wall.

This is what happens when you publicly commit 100% to be an Obstructionist to appease your far left extremist base - you end up opposing a bill that gives you everything you want and makes you stand with illegals over Americans, shutting down the govt for criminals when you yourself said in 2013 that doing so would be 'Insane'.

Feinstein was wrong - the 'Schumer Shutdown' DID cause a noticeable difference:

"Poll: Democrats' 2018 Double-digit Lead Is Gone"

"According to a CNN survey, Democrats have a 5-point lead, with 49 percent of respondents saying they’d support Democrats on a generic congressional ballot. Forty-four percent of registered voters said they’d support Republicans.

The latest poll narrows the 18-point lead Democrats held over Republicans when the survey was conducted in December, at which point 56 percent of respondents said they’d choose Democrats while 38 percent said they’d vote for the Republican candidate.

The survey comes as support for the Republican tax law is improving."

Democrat opposition to the Tax Reform while exposed as lying their ass off about it....and now siding with Illegals over Americans when the budget bill gave them everything they wanted...

Schumer and Pelosi are the 2 beat 2018 Mid-term Strategists working for the Republicans. :p

Schumer got his ass kicked. There will be NO DACA deal in this CR, but they had one before that they Torpedoed, because they want Open Borders and Amnesty and Trump isn't going to do that.

^^^^^^^^^^

delusional nutcase

Oh, I think he'd get 60 senate votes for his wall if he'd agree to a DACA fix and continue some family immigration. It seems obvious that Trump pulled his agreement to take a DACA fix for some wall funding and immigration reform because Miller and Kelly convinced him it would be suicidal with his base. And neither of those guys has any legislative background: one's a retired general and the other is an ideologue for a former Senator who didn't have bipartisan support for much of anything. Trump could spin this to his base, but there's just a lot of political incompetence

10-1 dreamers stay ..
They should stay. They just shouldn't be given citizenship until ALL of the LEGAL IMMIGRANTS seeking citizenship have been given same.

President Trump is not against the DACA recipients staying. He just wants the process to be LEGAL by way of legislation passed by Congress and not ILLEGAL by way of Obama's EO.

Obama ignored the Constitution....many times. Trump is fixing that shit....one piece at a time!
It would send a message to others that you really don't have to pay attention to US immigration law. Just cross the border, disappear, and in a few years the Democrats will give your kids (and probably you) citizenship....

Wrong. This is where Trumpy can get his part of the deal on border security and no other immigrants tied to the dreamers past the deadline agreed to on those numbers are allowed in.

We wouldn't be in this position now if Congress had acted earlier. In a country where 2.5 million people die every year, assimilating 700,000 people is insignificant.

And that raises another set of issues. Because of the declining birth rate in the US, immigrant labor will be required over the coming years to keep up with the job growth and military personell that will be needed.

^^^^^^^^^^

delusional nutcase

Oh, I think he'd get 60 senate votes for his wall if he'd agree to a DACA fix and continue some family immigration. It seems obvious that Trump pulled his agreement to take a DACA fix for some wall funding and immigration reform because Miller and Kelly convinced him it would be suicidal with his base. And neither of those guys has any legislative background: one's a retired general and the other is an ideologue for a former Senator who didn't have bipartisan support for much of anything. Trump could spin this to his base, but there's just a lot of political incompetence

They had what they wanted. Schumer, Graham, and Dirty Dick Durbin tried to pull a fast on on President Trump and when he called them on it, they stormed out, made up lies, and then tried to shut down the Government to hold America Hostage like the Fucking American Hating JIhadists they are and over what? Illegals that would have already been deported years ago except for Obama Bin Lying's Illegal Executive Order?

Fuck them...they should go back to their families in the countries they came from.

^^^^^^^^^^

delusional nutcase

They had what they wanted. Schumer, Graham, and Durbin tried to pull a fast on on President Trump and when he called them on it, they stormed out, made up lies, and then tried to shut down the Government to hold America Hostage like the Fucking American Hating JIhadists they are and over what? Illegals that would have already been deported years ago except for Obama Bin Lying's Illegal Executive Order.
McConnell too. It was a big pile up on the poor newby President.

^^^^^^^^^^

delusional nutcase

They had what they wanted. Schumer, Graham, and Durbin tried to pull a fast on on President Trump and when he called them on it, they stormed out, made up lies, and then tried to shut down the Government to hold America Hostage like the Fucking American Hating JIhadists they are and over what? Illegals that would have already been deported years ago except for Obama Bin Lying's Illegal Executive Order.

the orange sociopath isn't the legislative branch and the congress doesn't work for him, loon.

Oh, I think he'd get 60 senate votes for his wall if he'd agree to a DACA fix and continue some family immigration.
Trump had already agreed to address DACA after the budget bill had passed.

Trump is not the one Democrats have to work with to get any type of DACA legislation passed and placed on Trump's desk to sign or veto. It's simply a matter of Separation of Powers and how the Govt Constitutionally works.

Schumer can't simply walk into Trump's office, declare he wants Trump to GIVE HIM DACA, and Trump do it. Obama tried that Un-Constitutional route, and Trump pulled it, forcing CONGRESS to do its job.

McConnell told Schumer after the budget had been passed DACA, chain immigration, etc was next...and Schumer still shut down the Govt.

D-Gutierez said he would help build the wall himself if it got Amnesty for Illegals. I hope he does not have to keep his promise, as I do not believe the illegals should receive complete Amnesty. Route to citizenship - sure. Ability to vote until completing that route? No.

Oh, I think he'd get 60 senate votes for his wall if he'd agree to a DACA fix and continue some family immigration.

Trump is not the one Democrats have to work with to get any type of DACA legislation passed and placed on Trump's desk to sign or veto. It's simply a matter of Separation of Powers and how the Govt Constitutionally works.

Schumer can't simply walk into Trump's office, declare he wants Trump to GIVE HIM DACA, and Trump do it. Obama tried that Un-Constitutional route, and Trump pulled it, forcing CONGRESS to do its job.

McConnell told Schumer after the budget had been passed DACA, chain immigration, etc was next...and Schumer still shut down the Govt.

D-Gutierez said he would help build the wall himself if it got Amnesty for Illegals. I hope he does not have to keep his promise, as I do not believe the illegals should receive complete Amnesty. Route to citizenship - sure. Ability to vote until completing that route? No.
Trump agreed to sign a compromise and backed out. Sen. Mitch McConnell's passive-aggressive dig at Trump on DACA and a shutdown - Breaking News Latest

Trump agreed to sign a compromise and backed out. Sen. Mitch McConnell's passive-aggressive dig at Trump on DACA and a shutdown - Breaking News Latest
That's because Schumer wanted DACA as part of the budget bill negotiations. DACA is a separate issue, and the President was right to back out of negotiating such legislation until the Democrats passed the budget bill that gave them everything they wanted.

If there is any DACA DEAL it should only be for people who have been working 5 years and paying in to the System.

If you are on Welfare "ILLEGALLY" and yes it is Illegal to give an ILLEGAL anything from our Social Services Network, then you get deported. If you can prove you have been working the past 5 years and paying taxes in some form, you get to stay and get put on a path to Citizenship.

The usual suspects of racist morons who only see their own delusions forget this is a much bigger issue than the Dreamers.

What a lot of people forget is the only thing that happened was the can just got kicked down the road again on another short term spending measure that hurts the military and other agencies for planning through the whole year.

In that perspective it is a failure by the majority party to govern, including the President. They have to deal with this all over again in 3 weeks, so nothing was really accomplished. Now McConnell is going to have to stick to his word and bring a bill to the floor allowing amendments, or get stuck owning another shut down that he will own.

And this is considering the fact the current deal passes the House. Since the Democrats have now voted to reopen the government, it will be Paul Ryan that will own the shut down if it doesn't get passed.

WORKING and contributing should be mandatory part of the route to citizenship, as well as mandating that any crime omitted voids their DACA conditions and results in their deportation.

Forum List

Back