Senate poised to break budget impasse, paving way for government to reopen

Oh, I think he'd get 60 senate votes for his wall if he'd agree to a DACA fix and continue some family immigration.
Trump had already agreed to address DACA after the budget bill had passed.

Trump is not the one Democrats have to work with to get any type of DACA legislation passed and placed on Trump's desk to sign or veto. It's simply a matter of Separation of Powers and how the Govt Constitutionally works.

Schumer can't simply walk into Trump's office, declare he wants Trump to GIVE HIM DACA, and Trump do it. Obama tried that Un-Constitutional route, and Trump pulled it, forcing CONGRESS to do its job.

McConnell told Schumer after the budget had been passed DACA, chain immigration, etc was next...and Schumer still shut down the Govt.

D-Gutierez said he would help build the wall himself if it got Amnesty for Illegals. I hope he does not have to keep his promise, as I do not believe the illegals should receive complete Amnesty. Route to citizenship - sure. Ability to vote until completing that route? No.
Trump agreed to sign a compromise and backed out. Sen. Mitch McConnell's passive-aggressive dig at Trump on DACA and a shutdown - Breaking News Latest

The usual suspects of racist morons who only see their own delusions forget this is a much bigger issue than the Dreamers.

What a lot of people forget is the only thing that happened was the can just got kicked down the road again on another short term spending measure that hurts the military and other agencies for planning through the whole year.

In that perspective it is a failure by the majority party to govern, including the President. They have to deal with this all over again in 3 weeks, so nothing was really accomplished. Now McConnell is going to have to stick to his word and bring a bill to the floor allowing amendments, or get stuck owning another shut down that he will own.

And this is considering the fact the current deal passes the House. Since the Democrats have now voted to reopen the government, it will be Paul Ryan that will own the shut down if it doesn't get passed.

I think Trump signaled he'd take a Dreamer deal that didn't include the Wall. Then the dems tried to sweeten the deal to include funding, but Trump had already played to his base, and he couldn't compromise. McConnell basically agreed to let Schumer just set the clock back in exchange for 3 weeks funding, and McConnell knows the dems tried good faith, and Trump screwed it up. Although, Trump put himself in the crap with his base.

And yes, if the Dreamers are deported, the gop House and Trump own it. The senate will vote for them to stay, and the gop senators will overwhelmingly support that if it's tied to a Wall, and more border security.

I don't think so. It's deja vu all over again. There was a promise last time (appropriate). We do not want that again. A promise of funds is not an allocation of funds. Frankly, after blatant fakery last amnesty, I don't think ANY amnesty of ANY kind should happen until the wall/fence isn't just appropriated, but BUILT already.

FIXED IT !!! until Feb 8th when they can pick up where hey left off blaming each other.

yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
I dunno. Suppose the Senate passes a long term fix to DACA. And suppose Schumer offers to pass a long term debt fix if the GOP passes the bill into law.

Trump then has to choose to either tell Ryan not to bring it to a vote or take some compromise along the lines of Graham-Durbin to fund wall construction (and you don't pass the entire cost one year - no program is paid for (-: that way), limit chain migration, end the lottery migration and increase funding for HSA

If Trump refuses compromise again, it seems to me the dems would be seen in a better light than they are now.

If the Senate passes bills with a long term fix to DACA, the debt, yearly wall funding, chain migration and lottery migration, everyone wins. There would be no problem. What IS a problem is granting any kind of amnesty FIRST ever again. That was already done. The Dems STILL have not completed their part of the agreement. Once they do, amnesty issues can be addressed again as far as I am concerned. That is NOT an unreasonable position, remembering very well the last amnesty deal. It would be unreasonable to address any form of amnesty when one side STILL has not done what they promised the last time.
any and I mean any deal for democrats against children of americans first the GOP is dead.

Please clarify. If the Democrats make any deal for DACA, the GOP is dead? I am not following.

FIXED IT !!! until Feb 8th when they can pick up where hey left off blaming each other.

I dunno. Suppose the Senate passes a long term fix to DACA. And suppose Schumer offers to pass a long term debt fix if the GOP passes the bill into law.

Trump then has to choose to either tell Ryan not to bring it to a vote or take some compromise along the lines of Graham-Durbin to fund wall construction (and you don't pass the entire cost one year - no program is paid for (-: that way), limit chain migration, end the lottery migration and increase funding for HSA

If Trump refuses compromise again, it seems to me the dems would be seen in a better light than they are now.

If the Senate passes bills with a long term fix to DACA, the debt, yearly wall funding, chain migration and lottery migration, everyone wins. There would be no problem. What IS a problem is granting any kind of amnesty FIRST ever again. That was already done. The Dems STILL have not completed their part of the agreement. Once they do, amnesty issues can be addressed again as far as I am concerned. That is NOT an unreasonable position, remembering very well the last amnesty deal. It would be unreasonable to address any form of amnesty when one side STILL has not done what they promised the last time.
I don't think we'll ever see a bipartisan agreement on legal status for people who came here illegally as adults. And, in fact, I don't think there anything like unanimous support for it even among latino voters.

Immigration is possibly more an issue to Trump's base than anyone else besides Hillary.

But again the irony is that Trump's base is not noticing he's now for importing engineers from Asia who will allow Apple and GE to fire American engineers for cheaper labor.

Hopefully, Senate Democrats will address that as well out of pure spite. Then, maybe all this venom will be put to a good use for once.

Based on Schumer's speech, he won this battle with the GOP hands down. He stated it will remain open until Feb 8th, at which time the bi-partisans will go to the floor and will vote on a DACA proposal. Game, set, match I fear Trump either underestimated the Democrats or doesn't care for his political future anymore. I believe there has to be something to allow some to stay and a process to become citizens, but you cannot do so without the border funding and other considerations.

Get ready for DACA folks and I'm guessing once again GOP gives away something with nothing in return. This would spell disaster for the GOP in the mid terms and most likely re-election in 2020. One million votes for the Democrats, and all it took was three days of no government. Wow. Of course, the House is much tougher to pass anything of this nature.

Get the wall Mr. Trump, do NOT agree without full funding for the wall, chain migration and lottery. Anything else and you've lost politically and otherwise.
Schumer got his ass kicked. There will be NO DACA deal in this CR, but they had one before that they Torpedoed, because they want Open Borders and Amnesty and Trump isn't going to do that.

He wants Allocation....Not Approriations for THE WALL. Schumer tried to dick the president over on this and now gets NOTHING. Trump will get his wall.

He will get an end to Chain Migration

He will get an end to the Visa Lottery.

Dems get only a promise to debate and try to pass legislation trying to LEGALIZE DACA.

^^^^^^^^^^

delusional nutcase

Donald isn't getting a wall, bigot boy.

Then you aren't getting DACA

Based on Schumer's speech, he won this battle with the GOP hands down. He stated it will remain open until Feb 8th, at which time the bi-partisans will go to the floor and will vote on a DACA proposal. Game, set, match I fear Trump either underestimated the Democrats or doesn't care for his political future anymore. I believe there has to be something to allow some to stay and a process to become citizens, but you cannot do so without the border funding and other considerations.

Get ready for DACA folks and I'm guessing once again GOP gives away something with nothing in return. This would spell disaster for the GOP in the mid terms and most likely re-election in 2020. One million votes for the Democrats, and all it took was three days of no government. Wow. Of course, the House is much tougher to pass anything of this nature.

Get the wall Mr. Trump, do NOT agree without full funding for the wall, chain migration and lottery. Anything else and you've lost politically and otherwise.
Schumer got his ass kicked. There will be NO DACA deal in this CR, but they had one before that they Torpedoed, because they want Open Borders and Amnesty and Trump isn't going to do that.

He wants Allocation....Not Approriations for THE WALL. Schumer tried to dick the president over on this and now gets NOTHING. Trump will get his wall.

Dems get only a promise to debate and try to pass legislation trying to LEGALIZE DACA.

^^^^^^^^^^

delusional nutcase

it is as simple as that

giphy.gif

Quit dishonestly spinning this. What they voted on now is exactly what was offered 3 days ago.

The Schumer Shutdown was a spectacular failure.

Trump clearly stated NO DACA deal without The Wall, an end to Chain
Migration and the bullshit Visa Lottery.

Then Lindsey gay pants Amnesty Graham and Tricky Dick Durbin tried to play The President and got called on it.

Then they sent in Lying Crying Chuck Schumer to again try to outwit The President.

According to Chuck Schumer, The President is a moron, so why does President Trump keep out witting him and why does he keep WINNING?

Oh, I think he'd get 60 senate votes for his wall if he'd agree to a DACA fix and continue some family immigration.

Trump is not the one Democrats have to work with to get any type of DACA legislation passed and placed on Trump's desk to sign or veto. It's simply a matter of Separation of Powers and how the Govt Constitutionally works.

Schumer can't simply walk into Trump's office, declare he wants Trump to GIVE HIM DACA, and Trump do it. Obama tried that Un-Constitutional route, and Trump pulled it, forcing CONGRESS to do its job.

McConnell told Schumer after the budget had been passed DACA, chain immigration, etc was next...and Schumer still shut down the Govt.

D-Gutierez said he would help build the wall himself if it got Amnesty for Illegals. I hope he does not have to keep his promise, as I do not believe the illegals should receive complete Amnesty. Route to citizenship - sure. Ability to vote until completing that route? No.
Trump agreed to sign a compromise and backed out. Sen. Mitch McConnell's passive-aggressive dig at Trump on DACA and a shutdown - Breaking News Latest

The usual suspects of racist morons who only see their own delusions forget this is a much bigger issue than the Dreamers.

What a lot of people forget is the only thing that happened was the can just got kicked down the road again on another short term spending measure that hurts the military and other agencies for planning through the whole year.

In that perspective it is a failure by the majority party to govern, including the President. They have to deal with this all over again in 3 weeks, so nothing was really accomplished. Now McConnell is going to have to stick to his word and bring a bill to the floor allowing amendments, or get stuck owning another shut down that he will own.

And this is considering the fact the current deal passes the House. Since the Democrats have now voted to reopen the government, it will be Paul Ryan that will own the shut down if it doesn't get passed.

I think Trump signaled he'd take a Dreamer deal that didn't include the Wall. Then the dems tried to sweeten the deal to include funding, but Trump had already played to his base, and he couldn't compromise. McConnell basically agreed to let Schumer just set the clock back in exchange for 3 weeks funding, and McConnell knows the dems tried good faith, and Trump screwed it up. Although, Trump put himself in the crap with his base.

And yes, if the Dreamers are deported, the gop House and Trump own it. The senate will vote for them to stay, and the gop senators will overwhelmingly support that if it's tied to a Wall, and more border security.

Last edited:

I would just condition dreamer status on completion of the wall. If Democrats stop it, dreamers go

^^^^^^^^^^

delusional nutcase

it is as simple as that

Amazing how Democrats want what they demand without giving anything

If they get Amnesty they get to invite 28 of their friends each
10-1 dreamers stay ..
They should stay. They just shouldn't be given citizenship until ALL of the LEGAL IMMIGRANTS seeking citizenship have been given same.

President Trump is not against the DACA recipients staying. He just wants the process to be LEGAL by way of legislation passed by Congress and not ILLEGAL by way of Obama's EO.

Obama ignored the Constitution....many times. Trump is fixing that shit....one piece at a time!
It would send a message to others that you really don't have to pay attention to US immigration law. Just cross the border, disappear, and in a few years the Democrats will give your kids (and probably you) citizenship....

Wrong. This is where Trumpy can get his part of the deal on border security and no other immigrants tied to the dreamers past the deadline agreed to on those numbers are allowed in.

We wouldn't be in this position now if Congress had acted earlier. In a country where 2.5 million people die every year, assimilating 700,000 people is insignificant.

And that raises another set of issues. Because of the declining birth rate in the US, immigrant labor will be required over the coming years to keep up with the job growth and military personell that will be needed.

Those 700,000 people are significant if we have to continue to support them!

^^^^^^^^^^

delusional nutcase

it is as simple as that

Amazing how Democrats want what they demand without giving anything
they try and call it cooperation --LOL

as for chain migration as long as it exists then chain deportation needs to equally exist

>

McConnell was up before Schumer's speech.

McConnell promised to bring DACA to the floor prior to the February 8th expiration of the CR to be voted on today.

They both compromised. McConnell agreed to bring DACA to a vote and Schumer agreed to the CR and the President got what he requested for the wall.

Each got something.

>>>>
Dems got nothing. The DACA debate was going to happen at a later date anyway.

Schumer got exactly what he wanted. He knows after it passes the Senate, it will go to the House forcing Ryan to have to get the radical right nutjobs to agree to it. Now the ball is in Ryans court. If the House idiots on his side fail to pass it, the shut down goes from Mitch McConnell to Paul Ryan.

The Dems come out of the otherside looking like heroes to their base, and the House radical righties face annihilation by their base for even looking like they will protect the Dreamers.

If McConnell doesn't bring a floor vote in February, Schumer goes on television and says oh well, we tried, see how dysfunctional the Republicand are.

Now Trumpy is forced to deal with the Democrats to agree to a DACA fix, and the radical right base is now disgruntled with the orange man.

You're in a no win situation with DACA sunshine.
He is not forced to agree to DACA lol. He agreed to bring it to the floor. Nothing more. Bringing it to the floor does not guarantee passage

Oh it's going to pass alright. The Democrats will get 11 Republicans in vulnerable districts to vote with them.

It's House Republicans that have the problem. They are already in trouble as it is. Paul Ryan stands a real chance of losing to the guy running against him in Wisconsin. This is an opportunity for him to go out touting a big accomplishment. He just got his big $500,000 pay off from the Koch brothers for the tax bill, so he has nothing to lose, and can position himself for a run at the White house in 2024, with some very deep pockets funding his campaign.
corruption915.png

any and I mean any deal for democrats against children of americans first the GOP is dead.

Please clarify. If the Democrats make any deal for DACA, the GOP is dead? I am not following.
well it's quite simple. only the GOP can allow it. if they do, then they are dead. Democrats against children of americans.

Forum List

Back