Senate passes Wall Street Reform

Well, we do know that reforming or privatizing Fannie & Freddie isn't in it.

psst. partisan dumbass. Freddie and Frannie ARE private corporations. They reveive NO government funding.

Are you high? Both are held in conservatorship by the U.S. Government. Not to mention $200 BILLION of taxpayer dollars pumped into the 2 GSE's. Get your head outta the Huffington Puffington Post.

Last edited:
Are you high? Both are held in conservatorship by the U.S. Government. Get your head outta the Huffington Puffington Post

They were originally contracted by the government to sell mortgage securities, but they are a private corporation under conservatorship SINCE 2008 & THE MARKET COLLAPSE until they are on stronger footing . I don't read Huffington Post, but it's obvious you read righty talking points blogs to get your information.

Are you high? Both are held in conservatorship by the U.S. Government. Get your head outta the Huffington Puffington Post

They were originally contracted by the government to sell mortgage securities, but they are a private corporation under conservatorship SINCE 2008 & THE MARKET COLLAPSE until they are on stronger footing . I don't read Huffington Post, but it's obvious you read righty talking points blogs to get your information.

As I stated, they are currently held in conservatorship and have received $200 billion from the American taxpayers.

The rest is semantics.

Peepers.... That's like arguing that you are self-sufficient because you live in your own apartment... despite the fact that your parents pay your rent. And I don't mean you specifically.

Last edited:
Senate passes sweeping Wall Street reform - Business - Stocks & economy - msnbc.com

WASHINGTON — Congress passed a sweeping overhaul of America's financial regulations Thursday, securing for President Barack Obama his third major, hard-fought legislative victory.

Obama said he will sign the bill next week.

"I'm about to sign Wall Street reform into law, to protect consumers and lay the foundation for a stronger and safer financial system, one that is innovative, creative, competitive and far less prone to panic and collapse," the president said at the White House.

The bill has been Obama's top domestic priority after the passage of health care legislation and his early victory in setting up a nearly $800 billion fund to pump life into an economy hit with the deepest downturn since the Great Depression of the 1930s.

This president rules! (take that anyway you want righty's).

I don't read Huffington Post, but it's obvious you read righty talking points blogs to get your information.

Nope, got it from the FHFA. Which is currently under the boot of the Obama administration.

... America's economy is burning... and the libs are doing 'the wave' in time to P-BO's fiddling.

Lighters in the air everyone! Lighters in the air!

Forum List

Back