Senate passes Wall Street Reform

... America's economy is burning... and the libs are doing 'the wave' in time to P-BO's fiddling.

Lighters in the air everyone! Lighters in the air!

What'd ya expect from a bunch who truly believe the road to greatness is paved with handouts?

Fighting wall street corruption always pisses off republicans.

What is funny is that after reading CNNMoney's synopsis of this bill, I am wondering how the hell they get away with calling this Wall Street Reform. This has nothing to do with trading, it is about banks, consumer credit, CEO pay, and more power to the President. It is about as close to Wall Street Reform as Health Care Reform is to providing immortality to all citizens.

Immie

If Obama does half as well the next two years in market returns as his first he's a shoe in for 12.

Peepers.... That's like arguing that you are self-sufficient because you live in your own apartment... despite the fact that your parents pay your rent. And I don't mean you specifically.

No it isn't. You guys make it sound like they are government institutions and they are not. Once they pay back their loans, they will go back to being a private corporation just like the banks did. They had credit lines with the treasury, due to the government contract, which is why the government stepped in. It's the bad mortgages that they insured as good mortgages that got them in trouble, due to that fake rating those things got. Again, I don't have to remind you that 86%+ of the bad mortgages were issued and owned by PRIVATE mortgage lenders and that Freddie and Fannie were one of the last to lower loan requirements DUE to this arrangement.

Victory? Well, I guess that's all that matters.. Obama got his victory.

And of course.. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac get to chug along as usual... no problems there. Did we at least get a new Czar out of this?

Kimberley A. Strassel: About That Financial Reform 'Victory' - WSJ.com

Read it earlier... pretty much spot on.

Except the part where she claims support for the healthcare bill is falling day by day.

That is false.

If Obama does half as well the next two years in market returns as his first he's a shoe in for 12.

All these rightwingers who are confident Obama is toast should go back to 1982 and look at what a mess Reagan was in (and it was far from over at this point in 82).

All these rightwingers who are confident Obama is toast should go back to 1982 and look at what a mess Reagan was in (and it was far from over at this point in 82).

The out of power party always wins the off year elections.

Then Obama is going to stomp his opponent like a rat in the closet in 2012.

Pretty easy to predict really.

The out of power party always wins the off year elections.

Then Obama is going to stomp his opponent like a rat in the closet in 2012.

Pretty easy to predict really.

That's what the history is.

But I think that this year's off year elections may be a bit different:

Usually, generally speaking, nobody pays attention to off year elections. These elections are determined mostly by the most politically active people...i.e. "political insiders". The party out of power is always aggrevated by the actions of the party in power, so they are able to get a larger number of people out and voting.

Several factors favor the Democrats in the coming off year election:

First, the election of 2006 taught liberals that off year elections are important and that they can win.

Second, the one thing that unites and activates liberals is that they do not want the conservative back in power. The Tea Party is scaring the daylights out of Liberals - so you can expect that they're going to turn out in force this election.

Third, the conservatives are divided. Main steam Republicans and the Tea Party have them split, and even though they may be united in not wanting Democrats elected, there may be quite a few that won't vote for the conservative candidate because either the are or are not a Tea Party candidate. (how many mainstream Republicans are going to vote for Sarah Palin in 2012?)

All in all, things are looking about as good for the Democrats as they possibly could in this off year election. If Obama's popularity goes up before the election they're more likely to gain seats.

However, the Democrats have long been the "shoot yourself in the foot" party, so you never know how they may screw up between now and November.

Last edited:

The difference is Reagan inspired us even when the press was trying to destroy him.

Obama inspires next to nobody except blacks. He's losing the female vote....he's losing Independents....he's resourceful but he has to lie to make himself look good...so under the right conditions I feel Obama is toast. However....he's pretty good at pulling his feet out of the fire because he has no scruples.....so we'll see.

Yay...more legislation from people who probably don't even know high school level economics!

You're kidding, right?

I mean you don't actually believe what you said, do you?

Or do you mean that you DO know High School level economics and since the Democrats don't go by what you learned in H.S., you think that they don't even know economics to that level?

I think that the Dems are a bit beyond you when it comes to economics...and quite a few other things.
Let me explain it to you more slllooowwwwlllyyy...

These people are economic ignoramouses, and they're actually trying to govern our country in economic and financial matters...in contrary to the basics of economics.
Better check your calendar.

2008 has come and......

Senate passes sweeping Wall Street reform - Business - Stocks & economy - msnbc.com

WASHINGTON — Congress passed a sweeping overhaul of America's financial regulations Thursday, securing for President Barack Obama his third major, hard-fought legislative victory.

Obama said he will sign the bill next week.

"I'm about to sign Wall Street reform into law, to protect consumers and lay the foundation for a stronger and safer financial system, one that is innovative, creative, competitive and far less prone to panic and collapse," the president said at the White House.

The bill has been Obama's top domestic priority after the passage of health care legislation and his early victory in setting up a nearly $800 billion fund to pump life into an economy hit with the deepest downturn since the Great Depression of the 1930s.

Oh great... more regulations from the regulators that told us we were crazy for thinking Freddie and Fannie were in trouble.

Stupid fuckwits.

Senate passes sweeping Wall Street reform - Business - Stocks & economy - msnbc.com

WASHINGTON — Congress passed a sweeping overhaul of America's financial regulations Thursday, securing for President Barack Obama his third major, hard-fought legislative victory.

"I'm about to sign Wall Street reform into law, to protect consumers and lay the foundation for a stronger and safer financial system, one that is innovative, creative, competitive and far less prone to panic and collapse," the president said at the White House.

The bill has been Obama's top domestic priority after the passage of health care legislation and his early victory in setting up a nearly $800 billion fund to pump life into an economy hit with the deepest downturn since the Great Depression of the 1930s.

Oh great... more regulations from the regulators that told us we were crazy for thinking Freddie and Fannie were in trouble.

Stupid fuckwits.

three number for ya...lol

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........

What're the chances Ol' Uncle Rupert will be hearing from Eric Holder.....SOON??!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62L7VxMDg68]Chasing Madoff - Official Trailer [HD] - YouTube[/ame]​

New Topics

Forum List

Back