Senate Confirms Dangerous Religious Extremist Allison Rushing As Federal Judge

There is something seriously amiss in the Republican Party. It is one thing to appoint Judges who share a political ideology but to unanimously confirm someone who is as extreme as Allison Rushing is a slap in the face of the American people and a step towards tearing up the Constitution.

She does do respect the establishment clause of the first amendment

She wants to re-criminalize homosexuality -something that the vast majority of Americans would be appalled by

This has got to stop before our Constitutional Republic is damaged further . The question that I have is , are these Senators just pandering to what they think the Republican base wants, do they actually believe as she does, or do they just not give a shit?

More of that Christian theocracy: Allison Rushing, a dangerous religious extremist and former warrior for an anti-LGBT hate group, has been confirmed to a lifetime appointment as a federal judge.

Rushing was confirmed to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit by the Senate earlier this week on a 53-44 party-line vote, with all present Democrats voting against her, and all present Republicans voting for her.

The confirmation makes Rushing, 37, the youngest federal judge in the country, and also one of the most dangerous.
Oh my, another save the sodomites thread.

I don't see this as a news worthy source.
So you don't think she has expressed her support for criminalizing homosexuality? I ask honestly, it's not a "gotcha" question.
It's just a poor source...geared to athiests and agnostics. At least they are honest about that!
You dodged my question.
I didn't mean to, No, I don't think it should be criminilized unless of course it is forced on someone like other rapes.

So you don't think she has expressed her support for criminalizing homosexuality? I ask honestly, it's not a "gotcha" question.
It's just a poor source...geared to athiests and agnostics. At least they are honest about that!
You dodged my question.
I didn't mean to, No, I don't think it should be criminilized unless of course it is forced on someone like other rapes.
No, my question is regarding the job es beliefs and statements. The ones you refused to consider as accurate, due to the source.

Do you think she expressed those ideas?

You dodged my question.
No, my question is regarding the job es beliefs and statements. The ones you refused to consider as accurate, due to the source.

I'm not sure. Haven't been following it.

You dodged my question.

And you don't care either. It's okay to be honest. But some people whose lives would be personally impacted by the things she suggest care very much, as do many others. . I think that expressing such an idea disqualifies her fmro being a judge.

You dodged my question.

And you don't care either. It's okay to be honest. But some people whose lives would be personally impacted by the things she suggest care very much, as do many others. . I think that expressing such an idea disqualifies her fmro being a judge.
Thank you for allowing me to be honest. It would be terrible for her to impose her biases in Federal Court decisions, just as it is terrible for the Judges in the 9th Circuit court to impose their biases in decisions. Bahzing!

It would be terrible for her to impose her biases in Federal Court decisions
Then she shouldn't be a judge in the first place. Right?

By the way, your whataboutism undermines your own claims of honesty. That's some free advice.

Mind showing actual complete statements from her?
I can find she interned during a summer with Adf. And-
On the flip side, Rushing campaigned for Democratic Maryland Delegate Sam Arora, a former aide to Senator Hillary Clinton.

• Legal 500 has recognized Ms. Rushing for her “excellent writing advocacy skills.”
  • Rushing has been named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers.
  • The National Law Journal has recognized Ms. Rushing’s oral advocacy in the federal courts of appeals.

There is something seriously amiss in the Republican Party. It is one thing to appoint Judges who share a political ideology but to unanimously confirm someone who is as extreme as Allison Rushing is a slap in the face of the American people and a step towards tearing up the Constitution.

She wants to re-criminalize homosexuality -something that the vast majority of Americans would be appalled by

This has got to stop before our Constitutional Republic is damaged further . The question that I have is , are these Senators just pandering to what they think the Republican base wants, do they actually believe as she does, or do they just not give a shit?

More of that Christian theocracy: Allison Rushing, a dangerous religious extremist and former warrior for an anti-LGBT hate group, has been confirmed to a lifetime appointment as a federal judge.

Rushing was confirmed to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit by the Senate earlier this week on a 53-44 party-line vote, with all present Democrats voting against her, and all present Republicans voting for her.

The confirmation makes Rushing, 37, the youngest federal judge in the country, and also one of the most dangerous.
Sure . Here is more:

Hostility to Civil Rights: Ms. Rushing embraced the ADF agenda in a 2013 speech she gave in which she defended the Defense of Marriage Act, a law passed by Congress in 1996 that defined marriage as only the union between a man and a woman. Ms. Rushing stated: “The reasons for the law were both moral and practical.”[3] She also defended the dissent in United States v. Windsor, which struck down DOMA, opining that for the four conservative dissenting Justices, “the fact that DOMA codified the definition of marriage that had prevailed throughout most of human history and, at the time of DOMA’s enactment, had been adopted by every State in the nation and every nation in the world, was evidence that the law did have a valid basis….”[4] Ms. Rushing also made the offensive assertion that in Windsor “the majority chose the [sic] write the opinion in a unique way that calls it bigotry to believe that homosexuality does not comport with Judeo-Christian morality.”[5] Oppose the Confirmation of Allison Rushing to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit - The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights

That judge has my complete support and approval. It's about time Americans are starting to come to their senses.
Holy shit! So you hate human rights and our Constitutional Republic! Actually I already knew that about you.
You don't know shit because you're dumb as a stump. I detest LGBT and trannies..
We know. And your proud of it. At least you have the integrity to admit your bigotry.

It ain't bigotry. It's the law. God's law.

Rushing has been named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers.
'Super lawyers' and 'rising stars' are warned about accolade advertising

Lawyer advertising that mentions awards such as “Super Lawyers,” “Rising Stars” and “Best Lawyers” has spurred the filing of many complaints with a New Jersey committee that considers ethics of lawyer advertising.

The New Jersey Supreme Court Committee on Lawyer Advertising has received so many grievances that it decided to issue a reminder: Lawyers may refer to such honors in their advertising “only when the basis for comparison can be verified” and the group bestowing the accolade “has made adequate inquiry into the fitness of the individual lawyer.” The New Jersey Law Journal (sub. req.) has a story on the May 18 notice (PDF).

That judge has my complete support and approval. It's about time Americans are starting to come to their senses.
Holy shit! So you hate human rights and our Constitutional Republic! Actually I already knew that about you.
You don't know shit because you're dumb as a stump. I detest LGBT and trannies..
We know. And your proud of it. At least you have the integrity to admit your bigotry.

I don't give a crap about God's law. This is a Constitutional republic and a secular society. Deal with it.

I don't give a crap about God's law. This is a Constitutional republic and a secular society. Deal with it.
What the hell do you think US laws are based on? Take a guess.

Civil, rational ,concepts of human society and decency Good without God . Have faith in humankind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Civil, rational ,concepts of human society and decency Good without God . Have faith in humankind.

Humankind is fickle and I don't trust them.

Humankind is fickle and I don't trust them.

Humankind created God

Forum List

Back