Sen. Lindsey Graham: "Tea Party Unsustainable"

It's a grassroots movement unlike what the bitch from san fransico said. But the Constitution is the leader.

I think you meant to type "the corporation" is the leader instead of "constitution". Grassroots movements don't generally have corporate sponsorship.

Yes. Of course. It's all those darn evil corporations. How dare people get together in groups in an effort to make a profit. This has destroyed the world.

Not the world per say, but based on China's and India's "recycling" efforts, not to mention BP's efforts in the Gulf, they have gotten a pretty good start!

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river been poisoned
and the last fish been caught
will we realise we cannot eat money

Cree Indian Proverb

"The problem with the Tea Party, I think it's just unsustainable because they can never come up with a coherent vision for governing the country," Graham told the magazine, recounting his private meetings with members of the movement. "It will die out."

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - TRENDING: Graham: Tea Party ‘unsustainable’ - Blogs from CNN.com

The Tea Party thing is more of an ideology, not something that, if carried out, could realistically govern millions of people.

And the point of this thread would be? Amnesty graham cannot say what will happen with the tea party. He is incorrect to say they have no direction.

Senator Graham sounds like a partisan Democrat doesn't he? The same kind of mantra you hear from the numbnuts and even a few of the more sensible leftists here on USMB. An almost desperate hope that the Tea Partiers aren't for real because they are anathema to lefists and to wishy washy RINOs like Graham.

There have been shining moments for Graham in his long political career and at times I have cheered him on when he has gotten something spot on right.

But he is no conservative as the Tea Partiers define conservative. And I think we can no longer afford to tolerate a Republican Party that is little more than liberal lite. Graham is part of the liberal lite group.

Last edited:
Oh I get it now, the Tea Party is like the right-wing version of hippies.

Wrong

I said like the right-wing version of hippies. Look at this way, a politically-charged movement focused on changing the way the country is governed and the way society is at large, thought to be pretty silly by most people outside of the groups, who often protest. Similarities abound, sure demographics are different, and times have changed, and they have differing opinions on things, but they're awfully similar in concept.

Oh, by the way bigreb, you're led by the Constitution? So you mean it speaks to you and tells you what to do? Does it often conflict with the other voices you hear in your head?

How very right wing of you.

Actually, how very "right of me". No quarter should be given to tyrants on either side of the political fence espeically for a disgusting pieces of boomer filth who would have us all retina scanned to keep the scumbag illegals from getting jobs. Linsey G. is a traitor and a maggot.

Oh hey, remember laws? And courts? And a working justice system that prosecuted and tried everyone the same way, and fairly? And civility to your political opponents? Wasn't that nice? Wouldn't it be great if we could go back to all that?

What change are you talking about? The tea party is for the constitution last time I checked it hasn't changed. Oh yeah the constitution has set laws that the government is supposed to follow and certain rights for the people that are protected. So yes it speaks loud and clear to me.

Last edited:
Dream on. No one in Congress has a safer hold on their seat than Graham. He doesn't even get challenged in SC. He'll probably be around as long as Robert Byrd was.

It has been reported that lindsey has sugar in his britchs. And South Carolina does not like queers. I wouldn't count on that anymore.
HAHAHA
It used to be "He is a ****** lover" here in the south.
Now we hear "He is queer".
I hear banjos whenever I read your posts.

Whether or not its true at least in South Carolina it will hurt ihis chances for re-election

Senator Lindsey Graham is hitting out at rumors that he is gay. He recently told the New York Times “I know it’s really gonna upset a lot of gay men– I’m sure hundreds of ‘em are gonna be jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge– but I ain’t available. I ain’t gay. Sorry.” Ok, Senator, we’ll take your word for it just like all the other men who have claimed not to be gay but later turned out to be gay. Given that Graham has never been married and his dating history is unknown, it becomes impossible to counter the allegations of homosexuality for Graham. He also denied having a clandestine affair with Ricky Martin.

Not long ago, a South Carolina Tea Partier said at a rally that Graham was afraid that the Democrats would expose his identity as a gay man. The reality is that most Dems would have though ‘oh, that’s nice’, and walked away. The reality is that outing someone is not likely to produce much of any kind of shock unless they are Mark Foley or Larry Craig and are caught up scandals. Most Democrats are not going to out someone for political leverage. Most politicians have more than enough dirt on them to not bother with something as trivial as exposing someone’s sexuality. This is not the era where someone’s sexuality being exposed would kill their career, even in the South.
Lindsey Graham Denies Being Gay - Lez Get Real

I said like the right-wing version of hippies. Look at this way, a politically-charged movement focused on changing the way the country is governed and the way society is at large, thought to be pretty silly by most people outside of the groups, who often protest. Similarities abound, sure demographics are different, and times have changed, and they have differing opinions on things, but they're awfully similar in concept.

Oh, by the way bigreb, you're led by the Constitution? So you mean it speaks to you and tells you what to do? Does it often conflict with the other voices you hear in your head?

Actually, how very "right of me". No quarter should be given to tyrants on either side of the political fence espeically for a disgusting pieces of boomer filth who would have us all retina scanned to keep the scumbag illegals from getting jobs. Linsey G. is a traitor and a maggot.

Oh hey, remember laws? And courts? And a working justice system that prosecuted and tried everyone the same way, and fairly? And civility to your political opponents? Wasn't that nice? Wouldn't it be great if we could go back to all that?

What change are you talking about? The tea party is for the constitution last time I checked it hasn't changed. Oh yeah the constitution has set laws that the government is supposed to follow and certain rights for the people that are protected. So yes it speaks loud and clear to me.

Uh... what? The only mention of change in my post was that times have changed since the '60s and it's true. We pulled out of Vietnam, the Beatles broke up, the Kennedys aren't around anymore, TV comes in color and now HD. That kind of 'the times they are a-changing.' So yeah... what are you talking about?

So, you admit you are lead by a inanimate document and it speaks to you. I wasn't aware inanimate objects could lead people, tell you what to believe, organize protests, what to be against, tell you what to call yourselves, make decisions etc etc. You know, the stuff that leaders generally do, the stuff that traditionally happens when people are led by people.

So, does it speak to all of you, or just a select view who pass it on to the passes a la the Bible? It would help to know how many strait-jackets we're going to need.

Uh... what? The only mention of change in my post was that times have changed since the '60s and it's true. We pulled out of Vietnam, the Beatles broke up, the Kennedys aren't around anymore, TV comes in color and now HD. That kind of 'the times they are a-changing.' So yeah... what are you talking about?

So, you admit you are lead by a inanimate document and it speaks to you. I wasn't aware inanimate objects could lead people, tell you what to believe, organize protests, what to be against, tell you what to call yourselves, make decisions etc etc. You know, the stuff that leaders generally do, the stuff that traditionally happens when people are led by people.

So, does it speak to all of you, or just a select view who pass it on to the passes a la the Bible? It would help to know how many strait-jackets we're going to need.

Is that what I said? I take that with your response you are a stalin worshiping communist.

Is that what I said? I take that with your response you are a stalin worshiping communist.

Well, you did say:

It's a grassroots movement unlike what the bitch from san fransico said. But the Constitution is the leader.

And leaders generally make decisions, they have to, that's what leaders do. But since the Constitution is just a piece of paper (well... parchment I guess, technically), somebody surely must be hearing all these decisions that's it's deciding on. It is your decider after all.

Or it's not actually your leader and you're just using it as a patriotic symbol to add a sense of legitimacy to your cause. Either/or is fine really, you're insane or just as good as any other political movement in history.

Well, you did say:

And leaders generally make decisions, they have to, that's what leaders do. But since the Constitution is just a piece of paper (well... parchment I guess, technically), somebody surely must be hearing all these decisions that's it's deciding on. It is your decider after all.

Or it's not actually your leader and you're just using it as a patriotic symbol to add a sense of legitimacy to your cause. Either/or is fine really, you're insane or just as good as any other political movement in history.

No matter what I say you will twist it. I guess you masterbate at night looking a pictures of stalin your guide to communist bliss.

So, now will the Baggers target Lindsey Graham? Are they going to begin digging to see if they can come up with some dirt? Naw, they are all running around trying to look intelligent. I don't think anyone is steering the boat, anyway.

Good point made earier by Brubricker about the GOP waving money in the face of Baggers. Suddenly they moderate their stances on issues. Yup, those baggers are one very disciplined group, huh?

But since the Constitution is just a piece of paper (well... parchment I guess, technically), somebody surely must be hearing all these decisions that's it's deciding on. It is your decider after all.

Wow. You really don't get it do you? The Constitution is the ultimate "decider" of law and rights in this country for every citizen. Being someone who only views it as "a piece of paper" you have proven your intellectual and moral ineptness. What a shame. :eusa_eh:

Well, you did say:

No matter what I say you will twist it. I guess you masterbate at night looking a pictures of stalin your guide to communist bliss.

If you got nothing, just say, "I got nothing" or walk away.

But since the Constitution is just a piece of paper (well... parchment I guess, technically), somebody surely must be hearing all these decisions that's it's deciding on. It is your decider after all.

Wow. You really don't get it do you? The Constitution is the ultimate "decider" of law and rights in this country for every citizen. Being someone who only views it as "a piece of paper" you have proven your intellectual and moral ineptness. What a shame. :eusa_eh:

He never wqill get it.

Well, you did say:

butt out asshole this is between me and the stalin worshiper.

Hey jackwagon, you're on a public forum. This interwebs stuff might be new to you, but anyone can post who wants to. That's how it works. You might want to go back to your Cheetos and afternoon reruns of Matlock if this isn't to your liking.

Hey jackwagon, you're on a public forum. This interwebs stuff might be new to you, but anyone can post who wants to. That's how it works. You might want to go back to your Cheetos and afternoon reruns of Matlock if this isn't to your liking.

What's wrong with Cheetos and Matlock reruns? :lol:

Forum List

Back