Sen. Lindsey Graham: "Tea Party Unsustainable"

Guerrilla

Jun 14, 2010
"The problem with the Tea Party, I think it's just unsustainable because they can never come up with a coherent vision for governing the country," Graham told the magazine, recounting his private meetings with members of the movement. "It will die out."

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - TRENDING: Graham: Tea Party ‘unsustainable’ - Blogs from CNN.com

The Tea Party thing is more of an ideology, not something that, if carried out, could realistically govern millions of people.

"The problem with the Tea Party, I think it's just unsustainable because they can never come up with a coherent vision for governing the country," Graham told the magazine, recounting his private meetings with members of the movement. "It will die out."

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - TRENDING: Graham: Tea Party ‘unsustainable’ - Blogs from CNN.com

The Tea Party thing is more of an ideology, not something that, if carried out, could realistically govern millions of people.
Good for Lindsey.

And the point of this thread would be? Amnesty graham cannot say what will happen with the tea party. He is incorrect to say they have no direction.

Graham grew a pair! Good for him!

I can hear the whining and moaning from the TP now. Good read, Guerrilla. Thanks for posting this.

And the point of this thread would be? Amnesty graham cannot say what will happen with the tea party. He is incorrect to say they have no direction.

By the way, who is the Tea Party leader now?

As long as the Tea Party remains wedded to the GOP it will always play second fiddle. Notice that in every race where TP candidates won the GOP nomination they instantaneously began moderating their views and disavowing previous hardline statements they had made. As long as GOP funding is necessary for a Tea Party candidate then the GOP will neuter them every single time. The Tea Party is unsustainable because their hardline candidates go soft as soon as the GOP shows them the money.

Last edited:

Take-me-to-your-leader.jpg

It's a grassroots movement unlike what the bitch from san fransico said. But the Constitution is the leader.

Lindsey Graham is unsustainable.

Dream on. No one in Congress has a safer hold on their seat than Graham. He doesn't even get challenged in SC. He'll probably be around as long as Robert Byrd was.

It has been reported that lindsey has sugar in his britchs. And South Carolina does not like queers. I wouldn't count on that anymore.

As long as the Tea Party remains wedded to the GOP it will always play second fiddle. Notice that in every race where TP candidates won the GOP nomination they instantaneously began moderating their views and disavowing previous hardline statements they had made. As long as GOP funding is necessary for a Tea Party candidate then the GOP will neuter them every single time. The Tea Party is unsustainable because their hardline candidates go soft as soon as the GOP shows them the money.

You still don't get it, do you? The Tea Party candidates that have been nominated, at least the major candidates, such as Angle and Rand Paul are unelectable if they hold to their Libertarian views. It is that simple.

The GOP is forced to take them behind closed doors and school them to moderate their words. Otherwise they will be out of the race before they begin. The Republican Party has got to keep these people away from the media until they are reprogrammed. But I don't really think it is going to work. Both Paul and Angle have views, and have taken stances in the past, that are far over the edge.

It is coming back to haunt them. Count on it...

Forum List

Back