Sen. Lindsey Graham: "Tea Party Unsustainable"

As long as the Tea Party remains wedded to the GOP it will always play second fiddle. Notice that in every race where TP candidates won the GOP nomination they instantaneously began moderating their views and disavowing previous hardline statements they had made. As long as GOP funding is necessary for a Tea Party candidate then the GOP will neuter them every single time. The Tea Party is unsustainable because their hardline candidates go soft as soon as the GOP shows them the money.

You still don't get it, do you? The Tea Party candidates that have been nominated, at least the major candidates, such as Angle and Rand Paul are unelectable if they hold to their Libertarian views. It is that simple.

The GOP is forced to take them behind closed doors and school them to moderate their words. Otherwise they will be out of the race before they begin. The Republican Party has got to keep these people away from the media until they are reprogrammed. But I don't really think it is going to work. Both Paul and Angle have views, and have taken stances in the past, that are far over the edge.

It is coming back to haunt them. Count on it...

Screw the GOP it was a RINO that got us obama.

Last edited:
As long as the Tea Party remains wedded to the GOP it will always play second fiddle. Notice that in every race where TP candidates won the GOP nomination they instantaneously began moderating their views and disavowing previous hardline statements they had made. As long as GOP funding is necessary for a Tea Party candidate then the GOP will neuter them every single time. The Tea Party is unsustainable because their hardline candidates go soft as soon as the GOP shows them the money.

You still don't get it, do you? The Tea Party candidates that have been nominated, at least the major candidates, such as Angle and Rand Paul are unelectable if they hold to their Libertarian views. It is that simple.

The GOP is forced to take them behind closed doors and school them to moderate their words. Otherwise they will be out of the race before they begin. The Republican Party has got to keep these people away from the media until they are reprogrammed. But I don't really think it is going to work. Both Paul and Angle have views, and have taken stances in the past, that are far over the edge.

What do you mean I don't get it? The GOP will not permit the Tea Party to be the Tea Party once it gets its hands on some seats. We both say it.

And if you honestly think the Tea Party is just going to overwhelm the traditional GOP then why isn't it happening already? I mean hell, how many Tea Party candidates are there? A couple of dozen at most? And quite a few of them are losing in the polls (Rubio, Hayworth, etc.)

Get real. This movement is not producing many candidates at all. It's not sustaining itself.

Last edited:
Lindsey Graham is a filthy neocon traitor who should be dragged into the street and executed.

How very right wing of you.

Actually, how very "right of me". No quarter should be given to tyrants on either side of the political fence espeically for a disgusting pieces of boomer filth who would have us all retina scanned to keep the scumbag illegals from getting jobs. Linsey G. is a traitor and a maggot.

Lindsey Graham is a filthy neocon traitor who should be dragged into the street and executed.

Actually, how very "right of me". No quarter should be given to tyrants on either side of the political fence espeically for a disgusting pieces of boomer filth who would have us all retina scanned to keep the scumbag illegals from getting jobs. Linsey G. is a traitor and a maggot.

You are are far too moderate in your views.

By the way, who is the Tea Party leader now?

It's a grassroots movement unlike what the bitch from san fransico said. But the Constitution is the leader.

Oh I get it now, the Tea Party is like the right-wing version of hippies.
Well....Kinda.

Except that these "hippies" have careers, pay taxes, own property, drink single malt instead of Boone's Farm, bathe regularly and aren't covered in patchouli oil.

But other than that, they're pretty much the same. :rolleyes:

You are are far too moderate in your views.

I'm just getting started comrade.

It's a grassroots movement unlike what the bitch from san fransico said. But the Constitution is the leader.

Wrong

So your saying they are the opposite of hippies; well dressed, educated, groomed contributors to society. :eusa_eh: ...sounds about right.

I said like the right-wing version of hippies. Look at this way, a politically-charged movement focused on changing the way the country is governed and the way society is at large, thought to be pretty silly by most people outside of the groups, who often protest. Similarities abound, sure demographics are different, and times have changed, and they have differing opinions on things, but they're awfully similar in concept.

Oh, by the way bigreb, you're led by the Constitution? So you mean it speaks to you and tells you what to do? Does it often conflict with the other voices you hear in your head?

Oh hey, remember laws? And courts? And a working justice system that prosecuted and tried everyone the same way, and fairly? And civility to your political opponents? Wasn't that nice? Wouldn't it be great if we could go back to all that?

Wrong

I said like the right-wing version of hippies. Look at this way, a politically-charged movement focused on changing the way the country is governed and the way society is at large, thought to be pretty silly by most people outside of the groups, who often protest. Similarities abound, sure demographics are different, and times have changed, and they have differing opinions on things, but they're awfully similar in concept.

Oh, by the way bigreb, you're led by the Constitution? So you mean it speaks to you and tells you what to do? Does it often conflict with the other voices you hear in your head?

Oh hey, remember laws? And courts? And a working justice system that prosecuted and tried everyone the same way, and fairly? And civility to your political opponents? Wasn't that nice? Wouldn't it be great if we could go back to all that?

If being a tyrant was illegal then we'd have 100 senators in chains marching toward the gallows. I said Lindsey, "should" be <insert punishment here> for his unamerican acts, but the reality is he'll never see a day of justice. Lindsey is a coward and a despicable neocon. My hate for him is well earned. And I haven't forgotten laws and courts, but rather I'm talking about what he deserves vs. what he'll actually receive which will never be anything. It's all conjecture.

Lindsey Graham is unsustainable.

Dream on. No one in Congress has a safer hold on their seat than Graham. He doesn't even get challenged in SC. He'll probably be around as long as Robert Byrd was.

It has been reported that lindsey has sugar in his britchs. And South Carolina does not like queers. I wouldn't count on that anymore.
HAHAHA
It used to be "He is a ****** lover" here in the south.
Now we hear "He is queer".
I hear banjos whenever I read your posts.

"The problem with the Tea Party, I think it's just unsustainable because they can never come up with a coherent vision for governing the country," Graham told the magazine, recounting his private meetings with members of the movement. "It will die out."

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - TRENDING: Graham: Tea Party ‘unsustainable’ - Blogs from CNN.com

The Tea Party thing is more of an ideology, not something that, if carried out, could realistically govern millions of people.

So, is this the Tea Baggers' "Waterloo"?

The point isn't to govern millions. It's to get millions to govern themselves.

What do you mean I don't get it? The GOP will not permit the Tea Party to be the Tea Party once it gets its hands on some seats. We both say it.

And if you honestly think the Tea Party is just going to overwhelm the traditional GOP then why isn't it happening already? I mean hell, how many Tea Party candidates are there? A couple of dozen at most? And quite a few of them are losing in the polls (Rubio, Hayworth, etc.)

Get real. This movement is not producing many candidates at all. It's not sustaining itself.

So far, my take on the tea party is a bunch of disgruntled people (and perhaps rightly so) waving their arms and yelling, "somebody ought to do something". Not many are stepping up to the plate. Then you have the traditional career Republican politicians playing along, wrapping themselves in TP rhetoric and begging the TP endorsement. When they get elected, it will be more of the same old same old. Look at how the religious right and anti-abortion folks were repeatedly courted for support and votes and subsequently screwed each time.

The tea party movement needs to organize formally, select leadership and put forth "somebody who will do something" as candidates if they have any hope of being sustainable and not just a bunch of discontented, shouting, arm wavers.

"The problem with the Tea Party, I think it's just unsustainable because they can never come up with a coherent vision for governing the country," Graham told the magazine, recounting his private meetings with members of the movement. "It will die out."

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - TRENDING: Graham: Tea Party ‘unsustainable’ - Blogs from CNN.com

The Tea Party thing is more of an ideology, not something that, if carried out, could realistically govern millions of people.

Wow...sounds eerily like he's talking about the Obama administration. I think it was the words "coherent vision for governing" that stood out the most...

I think you meant to type "the corporation" is the leader instead of "constitution". Grassroots movements don't generally have corporate sponsorship.

I think you meant to type "the corporation" is the leader instead of "constitution". Grassroots movements don't generally have corporate sponsorship.

Yes. Of course. It's all those darn evil corporations. How dare people get together in groups in an effort to make a profit. This has destroyed the world.

Forum List

Back