Sen King (R) on Rand Paul's effect on the GOP

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Peter King: Rand Paul is the GOP?s George McGovern
“When you have Rand Paul actually comparing (NSA leaker Edward) Snowden to Martin Luther King or Henry David Thoreau, this is madness,” King said on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “This is the anti-war, left-wing Democrats of the 1960s that nominated George McGovern and destroyed their party for almost 20 years. I don’t want that to happen to our party.”

is Paul a republican, a libertarian, or a tea partier?

Peter King is a bit out of touch since millions of republicans themselves think that Edward Snowden is the greatest American hero since Nathan Hale.

Last edited:
Rand is a conservative Republican. He's hardly antiwar given his vote for sanctions against Iran, and he supports keeping Guantanamo Bay open. Neocons like King are attempting to smear Rand at the moment because he's very popular among conservatives, and his foreign policy message is more restrained than what the neocons would like. Unfortunately, it's still too hawkish for libertarians, given the two issues I already mentioned.

There are republicans that still think the government should be bipartisan and will sometimes agree with democrats. Republican voters are under no such apprehensions.

Peter King is a bit out of touch since millions of republicans themselves think that Edward Snowden is the greatest American hero since Nathan Hale.

Then millions of Republicans are kind of idiots.

^ NSA check of posts confirms that JoeB is a good little Progressive boy

An NSA check of Crusader Frank shows no one at the NSA gives a fuck about his crazy rants, as much as he wants them to.

Then millions of Republicans are kind of idiots.

An NSA check of Crusader Frank shows no one at the NSA gives a fuck about his crazy rants, as much as he wants them to.

Let's see if you feel the same way when President Jeb Bush uses the NSA to listen in on your "Progressive" ideas and uses the IRS to thwart Progressive fundraising

You'll probably be rioting in the streets with the rest of the mindless Liberal Zombies

Let's see if you feel the same way when President Jeb Bush uses the NSA to listen in on your "Progressive" ideas and uses the IRS to thwart Progressive fundraising

You'll probably be rioting in the streets with the rest of the mindless Liberal Zombies

If Jeb becomes president, I'd be more worried about the Wars and Recessions he'd get us into, because they can't help themselves. You know, important stuff that actually effects people's lives.

For the record, the NSA program was started by Bush. But if you really think that the Obama folks are "out to get you", it says more about your paranoia than anything they are doing.

If Jeb becomes president, I'd be more worried about the Wars and Recessions he'd get us into, because they can't help themselves. You know, important stuff that actually effects people's lives.

For the record, the NSA program was started by Bush. But if you really think that the Obama folks are "out to get you", it says more about your paranoia than anything they are doing.

When you're instructed to care about government spying, you'll be the first person on the street protesting

[

When you're instructed to care about government spying, you'll be the first person on the street protesting

Guy, I didn't give a fuck when Bush was doing it, I don't give a fuck now.

I didn't turn on your boy Bush because he was spying onpeople. I turned on him because he fucked up the economy, and my house is only worth half what I paid for it and I took a 20% cut in pay.

Sad commentary on me, I guess. I didn't care until it started impacting my life.

So when you show me how NSA "spying" (not really) is having an effect on my life, I'll really care.

The fact is, we live in an information age, and big corporations have more information on me than the government does. And they use it.

I remember cycling or driving in many remote places in both New Jersey and Pennsylvania and seeing more Ron Paul signs than any other candidate and wondering at his appeal. Considering how poorly dad did nationally, can his son do better when the basic ideas are the same? It is rather weird how the NSA or deficits or any number of things become critical issues after modern day republicans lose?

"This is when the Republican Party set its trap. Meeting in closed sessions at the beginning of the Obama regime, the party of tax cuts for the rich, unfunded wars, and the largest deficit in the history of the country redefined itself. It suddenly became the party of deficit reduction through lean government joined to supreme confidence in unregulated financial and corporate markets. It even opposed the bail out of General Motors and Chrysler, though these actions stopped unemployment from reaching a dangerous tipping point, allowed the two companies time to reconstruct themselves, and enabled them to pay back the loans within two years–-creating one of the most successful bailouts in the history of Euro-American economic life." William E. Connolly See The Contemporary Condition: The Republican Pincer Machine

Peter King says that the terror politics of such like Mike Lee and the silliness of Rand Paul have to end or the GOP will be in complete shambles going into 2015.

I remember cycling or driving in many remote places in both New Jersey and Pennsylvania and seeing more Ron Paul signs than any other candidate and wondering at his appeal. Considering how poorly dad did nationally, can his son do better when the basic ideas are the same? It is rather weird how the NSA or deficits or any number of things become critical issues after modern day republicans lose?

"This is when the Republican Party set its trap. Meeting in closed sessions at the beginning of the Obama regime, the party of tax cuts for the rich, unfunded wars, and the largest deficit in the history of the country redefined itself. It suddenly became the party of deficit reduction through lean government joined to supreme confidence in unregulated financial and corporate markets. It even opposed the bail out of General Motors and Chrysler, though these actions stopped unemployment from reaching a dangerous tipping point, allowed the two companies time to reconstruct themselves, and enabled them to pay back the loans within two years–-creating one of the most successful bailouts in the history of Euro-American economic life." William E. Connolly See The Contemporary Condition: The Republican Pincer Machine

The "basic ideas" aren't even remotely the same.

'...even remotely...' ??? Differences between Rand Paul and Ron Paul

Ron Paul wants a noninterventionist foreign policy; Rand Paul wants a slightly less hawkish foreign policy. Ron Paul wants to close Guantanamo Bay; Rand Paul does not. Ron Paul wants to end the Federal Reserve; Rand Paul wants to audit the Federal Reserve. Ron Paul wants a gold standard; Rand Paul has never said anything about it that I can recall. Ron Paul wants to repeal the income tax and replace it with nothing; Rand Paul wants to repeal the income tax and replace it with a "fair" or flat tax.

Other than foreign policy, neither Paul has much to offer the 21st century American.

Rand is a conservative Republican. He's hardly antiwar given his vote for sanctions against Iran, and he supports keeping Guantanamo Bay open. Neocons like King are attempting to smear Rand at the moment because he's very popular among conservatives, and his foreign policy message is more restrained than what the neocons would like. Unfortunately, it's still too hawkish for libertarians, given the two issues I already mentioned.

The Guantanamo thing I don't get, but I'm pretty sure it's about him having to play politics. I don't like it but it's one of those things where if he goes the Ron route, he's just going to lose a ton of support.

And the Iran thing happened a couple years ago. Since then he really hasn't done anything I don't agree with. He's been at the very worst, the BEST senator out of 100.

We can't keep expecting guys to come out and go full Ron. That gets us nowhere. We'll get our 10% in primaries, and then we'll get shellacked at the convention.

Something has to be done differently.

'...even remotely...' ??? Differences between Rand Paul and Ron Paul

Ron Paul wants a noninterventionist foreign policy; Rand Paul wants a slightly less hawkish foreign policy. Ron Paul wants to close Guantanamo Bay; Rand Paul does not. Ron Paul wants to end the Federal Reserve; Rand Paul wants to audit the Federal Reserve. Ron Paul wants a gold standard; Rand Paul has never said anything about it that I can recall. Ron Paul wants to repeal the income tax and replace it with nothing; Rand Paul wants to repeal the income tax and replace it with a "fair" or flat tax.

I understand your concern.

But Ron raised Rand. It's not a stretch to assume Rand believes in Ron's positions much more than he lets on. It's very possible he's playing the establishment for fools.

But then again, after PRISM, I'm kind of hard pressed to think they don't already know what Rand's doing :lol:

Forum List

Back