Sen King (R) on Rand Paul's effect on the GOP

Peter King says that the terror politics of such like Mike Lee and the silliness of Rand Paul have to end or the GOP will be in complete shambles going into 2015.

Was that what you asked Obama to deliver under your Kwanzaa tree this past Kwanzaa?

Rand is a conservative Republican. He's hardly antiwar given his vote for sanctions against Iran, and he supports keeping Guantanamo Bay open. Neocons like King are attempting to smear Rand at the moment because he's very popular among conservatives, and his foreign policy message is more restrained than what the neocons would like. Unfortunately, it's still too hawkish for libertarians, given the two issues I already mentioned.

The Guantanamo thing I don't get, but I'm pretty sure it's about him having to play politics. I don't like it but it's one of those things where if he goes the Ron route, he's just going to lose a ton of support.

And the Iran thing happened a couple years ago. Since then he really hasn't done anything I don't agree with. He's been at the very worst, the BEST senator out of 100.

We can't keep expecting guys to come out and go full Ron. That gets us nowhere. We'll get our 10% in primaries, and then we'll get shellacked at the convention.

Something has to be done differently.

I agree that he's probably been the best Senator of them all, and I understand playing politics, but Guantanamo is an issue I can't compromise on. If he says he wants to keep it open then I can't vote for him.

he's no "big tenter" Amiright? You can either be a big tenter or a permanent minority party w/ convictions

awww, a politician whining...how frikken CUTE

suck it up and DEAL or you will have the PEOPLE who voted to put Rand in there to DEAL WITH..

Other than foreign policy, neither Paul has much to offer the 21st century American.

Freedom and Liberty are so jejune, amiright?

Well, they Dem voters didn't mind someone with nothing to offer when they put in a Junior Senator in congress who hadn't even served ONE TERM in as President now did they

now ALL OF A SUDDEN someone needs Experience and something to offer...

liberalism is a DAMN mental disorder, I swear

Steph, you folks are less important every day in Americna politics, awright?

Forum List

Back