Sell baby Sell !!

And now, instead of Too Big To Fail banks, we have Too Big To Save banks

not anymore, politicians of BOTH stripes just threw the taxpayer safety net right back under the banks.

F'm all

You missed the point entirely.

There is no safety net big enough to save these banks now. They are bigger than they were before the crash.

not anymore, politicians of BOTH stripes just threw the taxpayer safety net right back under the banks.

F'm all

There is no safety net big enough to save these banks now. They are bigger than they were before the crash.

I was under the impression the 1.1 trillion dollar House bill Obama signed deregulated banks and threw the taxpayers back in front of the firing squad.

F'm all

I was under the impression the 1.1 trillion dollar House bill Obama signed deregulated banks and threw the taxpayers back in front of the firing squad.
It did.

This re-invigorates the moral hazard which will encourage banks to take huge risks in the belief the taxpayers will be able to rescue them if everything goes to shit again.

But should that eventuality occur, everyone will discover they are TBTS. And then we are all well and truly fucked.

F'm all

Yes we know that you believe every bit of the far left propaganda, so if you could provide the sections (from the actual bill signed into law by your far left president Obama) that support said far left propaganda it would help your far left programmed rants..

F'm all

Yes we know that you believe every bit of the far left propaganda, so if you could provide the sections (from the actual bill signed into law by your far left president Obama) that support said far left propaganda it would help your far left programmed rants..
I provided the link to the bill and quoted the relevant section in a topic last week.

F'm all

I provided the link to the bill and quoted the relevant section in a topic last week.

I doubt that!

SEC. 630. Section 716 of the Dodd-Frank Wall
10 Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (15 U.S.C.
11 8305) is amended—
12 (1) in subsection (b)—
13 (A) in paragraph (2)(B), by striking ‘‘in-
14 sured depository institution’’ and inserting
15 ‘‘covered depository institution’’; and
16 (B) by adding at the end the following:
17 ‘‘(3) COVERED DEPOSITORY INSTITUTION.—
18 The term ‘covered depository institution’ means—
19 ‘‘(A) an insured depository institution, as
20 that term is defined in section 3 of the Federal
21 Deposit Insurance Act (12 U.S.C. 1813); and
22 ‘‘(B) a United States uninsured branch or
23 agency of a foreign bank.’’;
24 (2) in subsection (c)—
1 (A) in the heading for such subsection, by
2 striking ‘‘INSURED’’ and inserting ‘‘COVERED’’;
3 (B) by striking ‘‘an insured’’ and inserting
4 ‘‘a covered’’;
5 (C) by striking ‘‘such insured’’ and insert-
6 ing ‘‘such covered’’; and
7 (D) by striking ‘‘or savings and loan hold-
8 ing company’’ and inserting ‘‘savings and loan
9 holding company, or foreign banking organiza-
10 tion (as such term is defined under Regulation
11 K of the Board of Governors of the Federal Re-
12 serve System (12 CFR 211.21(o)))’’;
13 (3) by amending subsection (d) to read as fol-
14 lows:
15 ‘‘(d) ONLY BONA FIDE HEDGING AND TRADITIONAL
16 BANK ACTIVITIES PERMITTED.—
17 ‘‘(1) IN GENERAL.—The prohibition in sub-
18 section (a) shall not apply to any covered depository
19 institution that limits its swap and security-based
20 swap activities to the following:
21 ‘‘(A) HEDGING AND OTHER SIMILAR RISK
22 MITIGATION ACTIVITIES.—Hedging and other
23 similar risk mitigating activities directly related
24 to the covered depository institution’s activities.
1 ‘‘(B) NON-STRUCTURED FINANCE SWAP
2 ACTIVITIES.—Acting as a swaps entity for
3 swaps or security-based swaps other than a
4 structured finance swap.
5 ‘‘(C) CERTAIN STRUCTURED FINANCE
6 SWAP ACTIVITIES.—Acting as a swaps entity for
7 swaps or security-based swaps that are struc-
8 tured finance swaps, if—
9 ‘‘(i) such structured finance swaps are
10 undertaken for hedging or risk manage-
11 ment purposes; or
12 ‘‘(ii) each asset-backed security under-
13 lying such structured finance swaps is of a
14 credit quality and of a type or category
15 with respect to which the prudential regu-
16 lators have jointly adopted rules author-
17 izing swap or security-based swap activity
18 by covered depository institutions.
19 ‘‘(2) DEFINITIONS.—For purposes of this sub-
20 section:
21 ‘‘(A) STRUCTURED FINANCE SWAP.—The
22 term ‘structured finance swap’ means a swap or
23 security-based swap based on an asset-backed
24 security (or group or index primarily comprised
25 of asset-backed securities).
1 ‘‘(B) ASSET-BACKED SECURITY.—The
2 term ‘asset-backed security’ has the meaning
3 given such term under section 3(a) of the Secu-
4 rities Exchange Act of 1934 (15 U.S.C.
5 78c(a)).’’;
6 (4) in subsection (e), by striking ‘‘an insured’’
7 and inserting ‘‘a covered’’; and
8 (5) in subsection (f)—
9 (A) by striking ‘‘an insured depository’’
10 and inserting ‘‘a covered depository’’; and
11 (B) by striking ‘‘the insured depository’’
12 each place such term appears and inserting
13 ‘‘the covered depository’’.

I doubt that!

You should save your skepticism for the piss you regularly drink. You'll be a lot better off.

I rarely make claims I can't back up. Sooner or later you rubes will figure that out.

I doubt that!

You should save your skepticism for the piss you regularly drink. You'll be a lot better off.

I rarely make claims I can't back up. Sooner or later you rubes will figure that out.

Says the far left drone that posted nothing that shows what they claim.
Says the dipshit who is utterly incapable of understanding the evidence presented.

Tell me something, Kosh. In a topic which challenged "RWs" to say something against the TARP, I came out with guns blazing against TARP in my first post in this topic.

How does that fit into your idiotic binary "fer us or agin us" paradigm?

You are a moron of the first water.

I doubt that!

Says the far left drone that posted nothing that shows what they claim.
Says the dipshit who is utterly incapable of understanding the evidence presented.

Yet the evidence posted does not fit the claims of the far left posts being made..

Tell me something, Kosh. In a topic which challenged "RWs" to say something against the TARP, I came out with guns blazing against TARP in my first post in this topic.

How does that fit into your idiotic binary "fer us or agin us" paradigm?

You are a moron of the first water.

Once again the far left Obamacare supporter shows how even the hard lined far left can get their wires crossed..

Even though Obamacare has been exposed for the fraud it is, the hard line far left still support it..

Forum List

Back