Selective Salary Caps.

Exactly, I have given up a lot over the years to get to where I am. Financially secure, Nice Home, Nice Cars, Wife, Kid, the works. Now I am sitting stewing about why the Gov't wants to take even more from me. Quite frankly it scares the shit out of me.

She earns it, she deserves it, therefore it is owed to here, the fact that they are too greedy to give her her share of the profits is what is wrong with American values today.

She earns it? She earns the salary she accepts. She does more than what was expected of her and does not get compensated for it? She can get another job.

I do not see where you are going with this. You are not supporting a point. You are simply stating an ideology.

Which supports the point that while the pie has gotten bigger, the piece of the pie given to the lowest paid workers has gotten smaller and the piece given to the highest paid workers has gotten bigger. No country can long sustain such a huge income gap. Remember the French Revolution?

And if YOU as a small fish want to be able to eat more food, become more competitive, advance yourself, and do what you have to do to demand more

It is not up to me, the government, or anyone else for you to get more compensation

So what your saying is your not in favor of Immigration Reform? I agree with what you have said to a degree. But the reason jobs have left this country MAINLY because of the current tax system and its ability to punish companies for making money.

These "GREEDY" CEO's as you call them are part of the fabric that has helped this country grow by leaps and bounds in the last century. Without them you would be living in kazakastan style country without a pot to piss in. They have helped increase the wealth of this country 10 fold. I mean our poor in this country have cars, tv's, cellphones, etc... because of the business that they have formed and companies that have spun off, and spun off, etc...

Don't be mad at the "Greedy", Envy the "Greedy" and work towards being well off, or rich, or whatever your heart desires

And the way she answers those calls makes money for the company and can be the difference between getting a contract or a new customer and losing that contract or customer. She helps create the profits, she deserves a share of them.

Only if she negotiates that for herself.... and if it is not offered... she has the freedom to go elsewhere.... it is not OWED to her at all ( along the same lines, it is not inherently DESERVED).... it can be offered if indeed those who make the business decisions have the willingness to have that as compensation incentive

She earns it, she deserves it, therefore it is owed to here, the fact that they are too greedy to give her her share of the profits is what is wrong with American values today.

You are not OWED a damn thing unless it is agreed to contractually... you FEEL you are deserving or owed... but I hate to tell you that in the REAL world you are not owed SHIT

You are free to find another job, just as the employer is free to offer the compensation and benefits they deem is right for the job and their bottom line... if the employer wishes to compete and stay in business, they will do what they have to to get the right people and the right production.. if not, they will fail.. and they have that right to that choice just as they have the freedom to succeed or fail....

You are not owed.. and the government does not exist, nor should it exist, to force your wanted personal outcome

Which supports the point that while the pie has gotten bigger, the piece of the pie given to the lowest paid workers has gotten smaller and the piece given to the highest paid workers has gotten bigger. No country can long sustain such a huge income gap. Remember the French Revolution?

The biggest gap in aggregate right now is between Public Employees and their private sector equivalents.

Why is it that Public Employees are being paid more and more while wages are flat in the private sector? The government has increased from 20% to 25% of GDP in a very short time - that is a BIG PIECE OF PIE!

The French Revolution was against the sitting MONARCH - a somewhat apt comparison given the attitudes of our increasingly imperial federal government.

The biggest gap in aggregate right now is between Public Employees and their private sector equivalents.

Why is it that Public Employees are being paid more and more while wages are flat in the private sector? The government has increased from 20% to 25% of GDP in a very short time - that is a BIG PIECE OF PIE!

The French Revolution was against the sitting MONARCH - a somewhat apt comparison given the attitudes of our increasingly imperial federal government.

Not to mention, as I mentioned earlier, the gap is shrinking right now by business owners choices.

We do what we gotta do. We reap the rewards whent times are good and we suffer the consequences when times are slow.

But people only want to point out our "greed" when times are good.

And no one wants to notice that.

If it's GREEDY for private sector people to wish to keep what they have earned, what do you call it when others want to take it away from them?

If it's GREEDY for private sector people to wish to keep what they have earned, what do you call it when others want to take it away from them?

Greed: What the left calls it when others have more than they do
Jealousy: What the left calls it when they have more than others

I can't believe someone actually thinks that just because they have a job, they should be entitled to company profits, of some kind. WHAT A JOKE!!!

Or better yet, Why don't we take a little more out of your paycheck, and buy her stock for her each month. I bet that would make her happy, taking from you to better herself....

I can't believe someone actually thinks that just because they have a job, they should be entitled to company profits, of some kind. WHAT A JOKE!!!

And I have a question for ANYONE out there:

And years like this when my company has negative cash flow? Exactly what will that receptionist who I shared the profits with say to me when I tell her she needs to share the losses with me?

Anyone?

And years like this when my company has negative cash flow? Exactly what will that receptionist who I shared the profits with say to me when I tell her she needs to share the losses with me?

Anyone?

If I were the receptionist and you truly shared your profits with me, I would take a pay cut and the loss in profits during the hard times. You share in the good times, you have to expect to share in the bad time.

I worked for United and didn't even have a choice when they cut my pay from $9.30 to $8.30 an hour. I kept working and I kept doing my job to the best of my ability (IOW, I did good, imagine making reservations and then saying to the reservationist "I never thought I'd say this to a reservationist before, but 'It's been a pleasure.'") Yep, that was one of my calls and what one of my customers said to me. My thank you for my sacrifice was them sending my job to India.

Funny how I don't have a lot of sympathy for corporations, isn't it?

So what your saying is your not in favor of Immigration Reform? I agree with what you have said to a degree. But the reason jobs have left this country MAINLY because of the current tax system and its ability to punish companies for making money.

These "GREEDY" CEO's as you call them are part of the fabric that has helped this country grow by leaps and bounds in the last century. Without them you would be living in kazakastan style country without a pot to piss in. They have helped increase the wealth of this country 10 fold. I mean our poor in this country have cars, tv's, cellphones, etc... because of the business that they have formed and companies that have spun off, and spun off, etc...

Don't be mad at the "Greedy", Envy the "Greedy" and work towards being well off, or rich, or whatever your heart desires

Baloney, these are not those CEOs. In the 60's the average CEO worked his way up in the company, his goals were for the best of the company and he made approximately 57 he makes times what the workers made. Today's CEO is hired from outside the company, he makes 500 to 1000 times what his workers make and his job is to make as much money as possible and get out before the whole thing falls apart.

Laying off workers increases the stocks, so they lay off workers and sell their stock, then when the company starts to fail they are given $millions in severance benefits while the stockholders try to find someone better to run the company. Know anyone else that gets paid for being FIRED?

Before the corporations started sending our jobs overseas, they paid more than 50% of all the taxes in the US, now we have corporations that don't pay one dime in taxes. Heck we spent $millions on the Gallo wine bill spending our tax dollars to advertise their wine overseas.

What helped this country grow was the middle class businesses the worked to increase the middle class and provide housing and jobs for everyone after WWII. What killed our country is the change in corporate laws in the 70's which allowed them to ship those jobs overseas, to have their "offices" in places like the Caimen Islands and to avoid paying us any taxes at all in many cases.

The greedy corporations are killing us. Our government is letting it happen, why? I don't know. They are killing themselves in the process as well. When people no longer make enough money to buy anything, who is going to buy their products?

This is only the start of the greatest depression the world has ever seen and it lies squarely on the backs of greedy CEOs and bankers and our government which bailed out the rich while letting the rest of us rot.

Anyone?

If I were the receptionist and you truly shared your profits with me, I would take a pay cut and the loss in profits during the hard times. You share in the good times, you have to expect to share in the bad time.

I worked for United and didn't even have a choice when they cut my pay from $9.30 to $8.30 an hour. I kept working and I kept doing my job to the best of my ability (IOW, I did good, imagine making reservations and then saying to the reservationist "I never thought I'd say this to a reservationist before, but 'It's been a pleasure.'") Yep, that was one of my calls and what one of my customers said to me. My thank you for my sacrifice was them sending my job to India.

Like I said before, you can share the fortunes and misfortunes of the company by buying stock. If you had an employment contract that stated you had to stay on for a specified time or pay a penalty, that might be an option. Many peolpe just leave in hard times and would stick the company.

Anyone?

Like I said before, you can share the fortunes and misfortunes of the company by buying stock. If you had an employment contract that stated you had to stay on for a specified time or pay a penalty, that might be an option. Many peolpe just leave in hard times and would stick the company.

They GAVE me company stock, part of an agreement with the union. It was worth $4000 when I got it. I kept it, didn't sell it and the company tanked, when the stock reached $500, they bought me out. I didn't have a choice in that either. Guess I should have sold when it was $4000 rather than holding on to it for my possible retirement.

Nope, no sympathy for corporations here.

They GAVE me company stock, part of an agreement with the union. It was worth $4000 when I got it. I kept it, didn't sell it and the company tanked, when the stock reached $500, they bought me out. I didn't have a choice in that either. Guess I should have sold when it was $4000 rather than holding on to it for my possible retirement.

Nope, no sympathy for corporations here.

This thread wasn't about your feeling about companies. It was about CEO compensation. Then you hijacked it the first time to discuss what you fely was your due.

In a recent post, you stated you would share in the down times too. Sounds like you did. Quit your bitching.

Forum List

Back