Seems To Me That US Catholic Bishops -

- have 'way more to worry about than trying to undermine the US Constitution. Are they trying to distract, you think?

US Catholic Bishops Endorse Gun Control Manifesto - Big League Politics

It's not 1791 - it's 2019. The USA needs meanwile a war weapon control law against mass-murdering war weapons of the own population. 78% of all US-Americans have no weapon at all - or with other wordes: nearly no one needs weapons! It's by the way the duty of the USA to protect all this people. And 7.7 million US-Americans have between 8 and 140 weapons. That's not only crazy - that's mad. Perhaps it's the best to make a roof over the psychiatric hospital USA.

Why?

It’s statistically insignificant.

What do you ask? What means "Why?" What means "statistically insignificant"? Do you postulate weapon fetishists (= psychopaths) have to rule the world?

Deaths from semiautomatic rifles are statistically insignificant.

Why do we need to do anything about them?

Stop being emotional about this.

- have 'way more to worry about than trying to undermine the US Constitution. Are they trying to distract, you think?

Technically the discussion of laws and amendments and the constitution itself is constitutional. It’s how the process works.

I can disagree with the Bishops and still agree they have the right to voice their conscience. Of course I would smoke them on a moral debate about it. Much like I would on so called climate change.

It's not 1791 - it's 2019. The USA needs meanwile a war weapon control law against mass-murdering war weapons of the own population. 78% of all US-Americans have no weapon at all - or with other wordes: nearly no one needs weapons! It's by the way the duty of the USA to protect all this people. And 7.7 million US-Americans have between 8 and 140 weapons. That's not only crazy - that's mad. Perhaps it's the best to make a roof over the psychiatric hospital USA.

Why?

What do you ask? What means "Why?" What means "statistically insignificant"? Do you postulate weapon fetishists (= psychopaths) have to rule the world?

So what?

Because the USA is a democracy where the people like to live in peace while only some few weapon fetishists need war weapons. Weapons are in general only for professionals and not made for idiots and/or psychopaths.

As long as the children in the USA have to live in fear that from anywhere in the USA can come a weapon fetishist and murder them and their comrades: "No!" I reject every form of slavery of the death.

Last edited:

That is correct.

Killings using rifles, guns, and knives are of a great proportion and great amounts of deaths, like numbers of deaths from trucks, cars and motorcycles accidents.

Killings using semiautomatic weapons are of very small percentage in amount but with several deaths in a row, like numbers of deaths from airplanes accidents.

No one pays too much attention to trucks, cars and motorcycles deaths by accidents, but one airplane accident with several deaths is news for days, sometimes for weeks.

Yes, it is more about emotion than any other thing.

That is correct.

Killings using rifles, guns, and knives are of a great proportion and great amounts of deaths, like numbers of deaths from trucks, cars and motorcycles accidents.

Killings using semiautomatic weapons are of very small percentage in amount but with several deaths in a row, like numbers of deaths from airplanes accidents.

No one pays too much attention to trucks, cars and motorcycles deaths by accidents, but one airplane accident with several deaths is news for days, sometimes for weeks.

Yes, it is more about emotion than any other thing.

How much money do you earn with propaganda for weapons? How much money do you spend to victims of weapons? By the way: How much money pays the NRA to victims of weapons?

Last edited:

Why?

So what?

Because the USA is a democracy

It's not.

Weapons are in general only for professionals and not made for idiots and/or psychopaths.

The Constitution says otherwise. If you don't like it, change it. Otherwise pound sand.

USCCBGunControl-1200x630.jpg

Evil Bastards!

Evil Bastards!

I wouldn't say "evil", but I would say misguided. Signing on the dictums of the Ayatollahs of the Religious Left is a mistake IMHO.

Look at the church statistics for Far Left religious groups in America- they have been going lower for decades. The Radical Episcopalianites have fallen 50% in membership over the past 50 years. At that rate of 1% a year, they will totally disappear by the 2060's.

While church leaders have the same rights of free speech as everyone else, they also shouldn't whine when such proclamations as this in the past has made others view Catholic candidates with suspicion, especially on issues like immigration, since the Church takes Federal money for 're-settling' 'refugees', real or imagined, and also touts up 'sanctuary cities' to protect criminals, just to name another issue where they are extreme hypocrites and lose credibility. They also deliberately avoid the racial nature of gun crimes, and instead ignore how rare gun crime is among certain demographics, hence contributing to the real problem themselves. They are essentially making red herring 'arguments' just to pander to certain demographics for the same reasons Democrats do.

Last edited:

Evil Bastards!

I wouldn't say "evil", but I would say misguided. Signing on the dictums of the Ayatollahs of the Religious Left is a mistake IMHO.

Look at the church statistics for Far Left religious groups in America- they have been going lower for decades. The Radical Episcopalianites have fallen 50% in membership over the past 50 years. At that rate of 1% a year, they will totally disappear by the 2060's.
Bishops are men of God dedicated to the safety of their flock

Why would you be surprised that they oppose things like assault weapons, large capacity magazines and background checks?

Evil Bastards!

Some are.

Some are mere politicians.

Evil Bastards!

Why would you be surprised that they oppose things like assault weapons, large capacity magazines and background checks?
The Catholic Church sided with Hitler.
Some men of God.

Evil Bastards!

"assault" weapons save lives when in the hands of good people like Charles Bronson, who would have been killed to death if he didn't have appropriate weapons.

Why?

So what?

It's not.

It is what? Are you an enemy of the USA?

Weapons are in general only for professionals and not made for idiots and/or psychopaths.

The Constitution says otherwise.

Says what? "Idiots and psychopaths are allowed to mass-murder people in the USA, when they have a weapon made in the USA or elsewhere"?

If you don't like it, change it. Otherwise pound sand.

Stephen C. Paddock owned 47 weapons and hurted about 869 people (413 by shots and fragments) in a country music festival in Las Vegas (58+1 died). 2/3 of all murders in the USA are done with rifles and guns.

A very short time after this massacre the police stopped in another case immediately a man who started a shooting. Faster to stop such a shooting is impossible. Nevertheless some people died - I remember 9 in this context - although well trained people with a big arsenal of weapons were there. => The situation in the USA grows to be totally out of control. Even in best case weapons make nothing easier. To fight weapons with weapons causes only more and more unsolvable paradoxes. Weapons have to be reduced. Drastically.

The whole process started to go wrong when the NRA became a criminal political ¿anti-democratic? organisation for the profit of weapon producers and weapon dealers. And they do not take their responsiblity. The hotel in Las Vegas payed 800 millions for the victims. But did they produce this wepaons? Did they sell this weapons? Did they make politcal propaganda for this weapons and so on and so on. How much money pay the weapon producers, the weapon traders and the NRA? Nothing? Less than nothing?

And let me additionally say: Everyone in the USA is on a wrong way, who thinks this is an old problem of the lack of wisdom of the forefathers. When I imagine god asking at the last judgement "What did you do against the mass-murder of your sisters and brothers?" And much more worse: "Why did you force your own children to have to live in this self made hell?" then I don't think "constitution", "money", "freedom for weapon addicts" and such arguments count anything at all for god. Change it. No one has to die because of weapons. Not 1 child, woman or man. That's the measuring stick.

PS.: And learn again to hear what your children say to you. I try to speak in their name, because you ignore them and their future life.

Last edited:
The official Catholic teaching is that self-defense is justified.

In Germany the complete police - hundreds of thousands of policemen - fire less than 100 shots in average every year (including warn shots) and kill normally less than 10 people. And normally no policeman is killed with fire arms too. That's the situation of "self-defense" here.

So I would suggest: Don't use wrong excuses for this weapon disaster of the USA and the hate which nears hate and destroys common activities in the USA. It suffer lots of people in your country - specially also children in schools - because everywhere in the USA can be weaponed mass-murdering idiots and kill people. Even under best conditions the police in the USA is not able any longer to protect the own population when someone starts to fire. This can cause not "only" one or some few victims in case of an attack - this is able to cause dozends and even hundreds and more victims within an extremly short time. So "self-defense" cries for much better weapon control laws and a strict realisation of such laws in the USA. That's better for the population, that's better for the police, that's better for every common activity of the citizens of the USA.

And by the way: Let it be to attack continously Pope Francis. And do not forget to protect the child.

Thank you! What you wrote is the truth and I do not see why so many of my fellow Americans do not take this situation seriously, despite so many deaths. It seems as though these people want to take us over by forming paramilitary groups and using the threat of high-powered, rapid-fire weaponry to turn the U.S. into a dictatorship.

Thank you, also, for including the video. It provides such a moment of tranquility, one that I had forgotten. It speaks of a magical land that is, in imagination, the symbolic spiritual home of human beings in the same way that lighting a candle in prayer and remembrance is across the world.

Humanity will see the ring destroyed.

Why?

So what?

It's not.

It is what? Are you an enemy of the USA?

:auiqs.jpg:

You're a public school victim? Or closet foreigner?

The United States is not now and has never been a democracy. We are a representative Republic, under a Constitution. A nation of law, not mob rule.

Why?

So what?

Because the USA is a democracy where the people like to live in peace while only some few weapon fetishists need war weapons. Weapons are in general only for professionals and not made for idiots and/or psychopaths.

As long as the children in the USA have to live in fear that from anywhere in the USA can come a weapon fetishist and murder them and their comrades: "No!" I reject every form of slavery of the death.

Learn some history.

Guns are a tool. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Now quit crying about semiautomatic rifles already.

... The Catholic Church sided with Hitler.
Some men of God.

What's nonsense. Oh by the way - I heard Pope Francis said last week something like: "To own nuclear weapons is perverse." He's right.

Hiroshima.jpg

All we need to possess, own and train to use are semiautomatic rifles, pistols and shotguns with high capacity magazines which is the technology of the day that any light infantry ought to possess.

Forum List

Back