seeing as hes going to be around in 2012, some facts on newt

Even bad people can support good politics.

Of course they can also support bad politics.

What people do in their private lives really is not necessarily germane to their poltical stances.

If I go to church on Sunday
And vote Republican all day Monday
Ain't nobody's business but my own.

I glanced thru the accusatory verbiage.

Let me get this straight, Gingrich's ethics violations were:

1) He had an adulterous affair.

2) Some sort of cockamamy violation of setting up a course with tax - exempt money

That it ?????

Never mind the bogus charges that were dropped......that occurs with POLITICAL BULLSHIT.

Last edited:

2) Some sort of cockamamy violation of setting up a course with tax - exempt money

That it ?????

Never mind the bogus charges that were dropped......that occurs with POLITICAL BULLSHIT.

I think the year was in the 90's and the problem was that he was using GOPAC funds in one way or another.

The tapes of the course he taught were televised locally on the PBS affiliate and the course was good. It didn't smack of politics to me at all, but was, rather, a good and searching review of the general mindset of the country across several generations and how that mindset impacted the national direction and the personal choices of the citizens.

Like the attacks on Clinton, this was a politically motivated hatchet job. The fact that Newt was wielding the hatchet in the attacks on Clinton did nothing to restrain the Dems on this. Politicains may not be honest or play fair, but at least they are consistant and predictable.

That it ?????

I think the year was in the 90's and the problem was that he was using GOPAC funds in one way or another.

The tapes of the course he taught were televised locally on the PBS affiliate and the course was good. It didn't smack of politics to me at all, but was, rather, a good and searching review of the general mindset of the country across several generations and how that mindset impacted the national direction and the personal choices of the citizens.

Like the attacks on Clinton, this was a politically motivated hatchet job. The fact that Newt was wielding the hatchet in the attacks on Clinton did nothing to restrain the Dems on this. Politicains may not be honest or play fair, but at least they are consistant and predictable.

That could be true, but far beyond that are all of Newt's personal flaws like divorcing his wife when she was in the hospital with cancer.

No matter how much he tries to play reformed whore, the American people aren't going to buy his schmucky behavior.

had an affair while trying to impeach clinton:

Gingrich admits having affair in '90s - Politics - msnbc.com

fined after stealing tax payer money:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/govt/leadership/stories/011897.htm

wanted death penalty for small amounts of drugs:

Gingrich Suggests Tough Drug Measure - NYTimes.com

some conservative role model here!
And he would STILL be a better President than Obama. But alas, I think Newt is unelectable with all the afore mentioned baggage.

But then again, if things get worse, and that could happen, anything is possible.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/govt/leadership/stories/011897.htm

And he would STILL be a better President than Obama. But alas, I think Newt is unelectable with all the afore mentioned baggage.

But then again, if things get worse, and that could happen, anything is possible.

True.
Who are the Dems gonna run? Charlie Rangel? Maxine Waters? Alcee Hastings?

Why would anyone care if he's had an affair?

Libs obsess on the weirdest things. Like pretending Clinton was impeached for an affair.

From your link.

Newt Gingrich:
"There are times that I have fallen short of my own standards. There's certainly times when I've fallen short of God's standards."

"The president of the United States got in trouble for committing a felony in front of a sitting federal judge," the former Georgia congressman said of Clinton's 1998 House impeachment on perjury and obstruction of justice charges. "I drew a line in my mind that said, 'Even though I run the risk of being deeply embarrassed, and even though at a purely personal level I am not rendering judgment on another human being, as a leader of the government trying to uphold the rule of law, I have no choice except to move forward and say that you cannot accept ... perjury in your highest officials."
======
I've no problem with any of this...whats you point....?

An affair is a sin to some...perjury is against the law, a CRIME...a crime committed by a sitting President
and you compare this to a someone cheating on his estranged wife ??????

======================================
Committee members said they agreed Gingrich was either "reckless" or "intentional" in the way he conducted himself.
Either reckless OR intentional disregard of House Rules....
Paid 300,000 is sanctions and received a reprimand....13 fuckin' years ago....for breaking "House Rules"....you're pathetic.

How about the Obama boys...

TAX CHEATS

Tom Daschle (D)
Timothy Geithner (D)
Pete Stark (D)
Robert Wexler (D)
Rep. Charles B. Rangel (D)
Chris Dodd (D)
Nancy Killefer (D)
Ron Kirk (D)
Hilda Solis (D)
Rahm Emanuel (D)

=========================================
imposing the death penalty on drug smugglers?
15 years ago ? Just how fuckin' desperate are you, sonny?

Last edited:
Why would anyone care if he's had an affair?

Libs obsess on the weirdest things. Like pretending Clinton was impeached for an affair.

They excuse their own failings by saying "they all do it." And then point out the exact same failings in the Republicans like they are some moral paragons.
Democrats are the biggest fucking hypocrites to walk the planet.

That it ?????

That could be true, but far beyond that are all of Newt's personal flaws like divorcing his wife when she was in the hospital with cancer.

No matter how much he tries to play reformed whore, the American people aren't going to buy his schmucky behavior.

You're probably right. The guy is brilliant, but his presentation is not the "All Things to All Men" profile that we like to see in our Presidents.

Still, two years is an eternity in politics. By that time, Newt might descend the mountain with the tablets or the Big 0 might develop a fondness for goats. None of this matters in 2010.

They excuse their own failings by saying "they all do it." And then point out the exact same failings in the Republicans like they are some moral paragons.

The Republican Party holds itself up to be some moral beacon of family values, so yes, that is why the morality bar is raised higher for them than the Democrats. Republicans put themselves on a pedestal so when they slip they get called on it more. It's your own fault.

The Republican Party holds itself up to be some moral beacon of family values, so yes, that is why the morality bar is raised higher for them than the Democrats. Republicans put themselves on a pedestal so when they slip they get called on it more. It's your own fault.

Please quote two Republican officeholders holding themselves up to beacons of family values.

True.
Who are the Dems gonna run? Charlie Rangel? Maxine Waters? Alcee Hastings?

Using Obami Salaami as their model.....the aforementioned would be the predictable choices for the CORRUPT LIEberrhoids.

Last edited:
Newt is not going to be the GOP Presidential candidate in 2012.

Admittedly,

1) Divorcing one's wife when she had cancer is tacky....but consider the human side of it: the choice 80-90% (my estimate) of the people would make if one's in love and has to wait 8-10 years for his crabby wife to die (or some other TRES IMPORTANTE factors we don't know about) impelled Gingrich to make that move KNOWING FULL WELL about the political ramifications involved.
2) The cockamamy college course thingy.....

As far as I'm concerned, Newt Gingrich is BRILLIANT.....and outshines ALL his competitors.

But, voters being what they are, his chances are obviously diminished.

Forum List

Back