See What Tax Cuts For The Wealthy Has Caused:

Labor is not a commodity. Labor is people doing work. Labor includes CEOs and accountants and janitors and every other person who contributes something toward the production of goods and services.

Owners consider labor a "cost", because the income created by the workers is divided between them and the owners. The less that goes to salaries, the more more there is for profits. Their goal, therefore, is to get as much work as possible out of workers, while paying them as little as as they can. If they could reduce the income of ordinary Americans to the level of Chinese factory workers, that would be an advantage (to them).

So labor is a "cost", but only if you look at it purely from the point of view of people who own things, but don't work themselves.

When you look at it from the perspective of the interest of the country as a whole - rather than strictly from the perspective of the rich - a country with a healthy middle class is better than one where a tiny minority consume more and more, while the people who actually do the work struggle harder and harder for less and less.
You are a gross ignoramus.
Labor is a commodity. Just like raw materials. If owners can lower their cost of raw materials, they will and save money. If they can lower their cost of labor, they will. US workers make more than CHinese workers not because owners were somehow more beneficient but because they are more productive. Low wages equate universally with low productivity.

American workers make more not only because we're more productive, but because the US has better and fairer laws.

Plus, we have unions.

Workers are not "just like raw materials". Raw materials don't do anything. They just sit there. They don't create, or build, or manufacture. Raw materials are more like the leisure class.

Except that raw materials don't have families. And they're not people.

There are no laws that mandate what most workers make, except the law of supply and demand. Today only about 28% of private sector workers are unionized. So unions dont have much to do with it either.

Workers just sit there too unless managers give them something to do. Kind of like democratic voters and ward bosses.

Labor is a commodity. Just like raw materials. If owners can lower their cost of raw materials, they will and save money. If they can lower their cost of labor, they will. US workers make more than CHinese workers not because owners were somehow more beneficient but because they are more productive. Low wages equate universally with low productivity.

American workers make more not only because we're more productive, but because the US has better and fairer laws.

Plus, we have unions.

Workers are not "just like raw materials". Raw materials don't do anything. They just sit there. They don't create, or build, or manufacture. Raw materials are more like the leisure class.

There are no laws that mandate what most workers make, except the law of supply and demand. Today only about 28% of private sector workers are unionized. So unions dont have much to do with it either.

Workers just sit there too unless managers give them something to do. Kind of like democratic voters and ward bosses.

Lame ass! Speak for yourself. This worker attempts to find useful contributions to the goals of the company. For that I expect a fair distribution of the resources returned.

Plus, we have unions.

Lame ass! Speak for yourself. This worker attempts to find useful contributions to the goals of the company. For that I expect a fair distribution of the resources returned.

Do you use any equipment in your company? How do you think it got there? Is there a plant or office? HOw do you think it got there? Is there a product or service the company sells? Who do you think created it?
You are the lame ass here.

Whenever there is in any country, uncultivated lands and unemployed poor, it is clear that the laws of property have been so far extended as to violate natural right.

Jefferson recognized that property laws themselves are tools of government which can be made to impoverish the poor in order to enrich the rich.

Plus, we have unions.

Umm..Only 7% of the total US workforce is unionized...
Looking at western European nations, overall about 25% of the labor force is unionized.
Trade unions across Europe.
Your claim that unions are a reason for higher wages is at best a minor reason.
Here's the issue. When labor is defined as a commodity, you people react as though the person stating that has stated that human beings are a commodity. Not so. Untrue.
Labor is like a raw material. It has a cost. The cost is not fixed. It is liquid. The price of private sector labor is set by the marketplace.
The above are indicators that labor is indeed a commodity.

The fact that something has a market price does not make it a commodity.

The larger point is that the country exists to further the interests of all its people, not just the interests of a wealthy few.

True, not everything with a price is a commodity. But labor is a commodity in general because price is the overwhelming consideration.
THe interests of everyone are furthered when the interests of everyone are furthered, not just the welfare class.
Look at the top inventors/owners of the Fortune 500. How many people work for them and collect a paycheck and benefits? How much in taxes have they and their companies paid? How many spin off businesses were created from their efforts? How much money have stockholders made from their efforts? What would the country look like if we had said "OK at some point you've made enough money and you've reached that point"?

Plus, we have unions.

Managers are also workers. Management is a job. It's not always done well, but that doesn't mean it's not important.

Plus, we have unions.

Managers are also workers. Management is a job. It's not always done well, but that doesn't mean it's not important.
Um, is there a point here?

Do you use any equipment in your company? How do you think it got there? Is there a plant or office? HOw do you think it got there? Is there a product or service the company sells? Who do you think created it?

If it got there it is because I suggested it or ordered it. Once it got there I maintianed it. It was there because the company needed it to support expanded operations. It was there and the expanded operations worked because I had the foresight to tell some lame assess that this is what they needed to go farther. Such is the life of a worker. Such is the shortsighted, lamemindedness of those who think they know something. More often than not they go belly up without those who actually invest themselves in the business. and that is not those visiting the tees.

Last edited:

If it got there it is because I suggested it or ordered it. Once it got there I maintianed it. It was there because the company needed it to support expanded operations. It was there and the expanded operations worked because I had the foresight to tell some lame assess that this is what they neede to go farther. Such is the life of a worker. Such is the shortsighted, lamemindedness of those who think they know soemthing.

Did the company get the equipment for free or did you pay for it out of your own pocket?

If it got there it is because I suggested it or ordered it. Once it got there I maintianed it. It was there because the company needed it to support expanded operations. It was there and the expanded operations worked because I had the foresight to tell some lame assess that this is what they neede to go farther. Such is the life of a worker. Such is the shortsighted, lamemindedness of those who think they know soemthing.

Did the company get the equipment for free or did you pay for it out of your own pocket?

Well the bosses surely didn't pay for it. More likely us taxpayers did, heh?

So contribute your fair share, heh? Stop expecting all the rest of us to pay for your shit, you are starting to become in the classification of low lifes.

Well the bosses surely didn't pay for it. More likely us taxpayers did, heh?
Uh, no. The taxpayers didnt pay for it. Guess again.

Umm..Only 7% of the total US workforce is unionized...
Looking at western European nations, overall about 25% of the labor force is unionized.
Trade unions across Europe.
Your claim that unions are a reason for higher wages is at best a minor reason.
Here's the issue. When labor is defined as a commodity, you people react as though the person stating that has stated that human beings are a commodity. Not so. Untrue.
Labor is like a raw material. It has a cost. The cost is not fixed. It is liquid. The price of private sector labor is set by the marketplace.
The above are indicators that labor is indeed a commodity.

The larger point is that the country exists to further the interests of all its people, not just the interests of a wealthy few.

True, not everything with a price is a commodity. But labor is a commodity in general because price is the overwhelming consideration.
THe interests of everyone are furthered when the interests of everyone are furthered, not just the welfare class.
Look at the top inventors/owners of the Fortune 500. How many people work for them and collect a paycheck and benefits? How much in taxes have they and their companies paid? How many spin off businesses were created from their efforts? How much money have stockholders made from their efforts? What would the country look like if we had said "OK at some point you've made enough money and you've reached that point"?

You seem to think that the owners of those companies are the people who run them - their CEOs. They're not. The stockholders are the owners. The CEOs are employees. They're workers. (Highly paid, but workers nonetheless.)

The people who do all those things - invent, spin off, make the companies successful - they're all workers. The people who make money off their efforts are the shareholders.

Before you attack me for attacking shareholders - I'm not. I'm merely pointing out they're enriched by the efforts of others - a point you've just made yourself.

You seem to think that the owners of those companies are the people who run them - their CEOs. They're not. The stockholders are the owners. The CEOs are employees. They're workers. (Highly paid, but workers nonetheless.)

The people who do all those things - invent, spin off, make the companies successful - they're all workers. The people who make money off their efforts are the shareholders.

Before you attack me for attacking shareholders - I'm not. I'm merely pointing out they're enriched by the efforts of others - a point you've just made yourself.

In some cases the owners are the managers as well. In some cases not. In almost every case management has shares in the company, making them owners as well.
But that is irrelevant to the point I made, namely that wealthy people have done far more good that gov't programs.

In some cases the owners are the managers as well. In some cases not. In almost every case management has shares in the company, making them owners as well.
But that is irrelevant to the point I made, namely that wealthy people have done far more good that gov't programs.

Comparing apples to oranges are we? A rather feeble attempt to cast dispersion elsewhere? It is is a game you have aptly played for some years now. Apparently you think it still resonates.

Last edited:

Comparing apples to oranges are we? A rather feeble attempt to cast dispersion elsewhere? It is is a game you have aptly played for some years now. Apparently you think it still resonates.

All of your base are belong to us.
Thanks for playing.

Forum List

Back