Secretary of State Hillary Clinton

hjmick

Platinum Member
Mar 28, 2007
Charleston, SC
But for how long?

Will she last the entire four years? Or will she bail out early?

I am of the opinion that she was initially offered the post in an effort to keep her reined in, under control, so to speak. You know the old axiom, "Keep friends close and you enemies closer." I think this is what Obama had in mind when he extended her the offer of the post. We all know Hillary is an ambitious woman, the allure of such a post would be hard for her to resist, I'd say damn near impossible.

Now, almost eight months in to the new administration, she seems almost marginalized. Her husband goes to North Korea to retrieve a couple of "journalists," Richardson is meeting with two of North Korea's top diplomats, all the while Hillary is seen dancing with the locals and losing her cool with college students while on a seemingly meaningless jaunt around the African continent.

How long before she tires of it all? Will she see the chinks in Obama's armor and decide to challenge him in 2012? With his declining numbers, how long will she want to be tied to his coattails and risk damaging her future political aspirations?

Me? I think she'll be jumping ship before the end of next year. Fourth fiddle ain't her bag.

Forum List

Back