Second Round of the 2016 NFL Football Playoffs

antiquity

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2012
Northwest Peninsula
Seattle Seahawks @ Atlanta Falcons....Seattle put the hammer down on pass happy Detroit and will again this weekend. Seattle's defense plays like a house on fire when the chips are down.

Houston Texans @ New England Patriots....No way can Houston keep up with Brady and gang

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Kansas City Chiefs.... is the cast on Rottenbuger foot an indication of something they aren't telling us?

Ben Roethlisberger came into the press room after the Miami game wearing a boot on his right foot.

Green Bay Packers @ Dallas Cowboys....I really want the Packers to win because that would give my team another home game....but sadly I have to pick the Cowboys.

Last edited:
After four stinkers last week, it looks like we may get some good games

Seattle vs Atlanta - I don't trust the Seahawks O-line. Still, it could go either way.
Houston vs New England - As close to a gimme as I expect this playoffs.
Pittsburgh vs Kansas City - Big Ben already out of the boot. The Steelers feel like the only team that might unseat the Pats.
Green Bay vs Dallas - Although they are on a huge roll, the injury to Nelson is a big blow for the Pack.

3-1 last week. At least I'm over 500 in the playoffs so far. :p

I sure do hope the Packers beat Dallas. With Nelson hurt last Sunday wondering if he will play???? I want the Packers to beat Dallas but at best I'd say they only have a slim chance. Dallas has been playing some pretty good football. Packers too but Dallas is well-rested and the Packers are beat up.

I sure do hope the Packers beat Dallas. With Nelson hurt last Sunday wondering if he will play???? I want the Packers to beat Dallas but at best I'd say they only have a slim chance. Dallas has been playing some pretty good football. Packers too but Dallas is well-rested and the Packers are beat up.

With a strong Dallas offensive line and a weak Packers secondary, I think Prescott will have time to make some big plays. Packers will also have to keep defenders in to defend the run

If Green Bay did beat the Cowboys and Seattle wins..next game would be back in Seattle. Big 'if's'

With a strong Dallas offensive line and a weak Packers secondary, I think Prescott will have time to make some big plays. Packers will also have to keep defenders in to defend the run

Dallas offensive line is good but not that good over the past couple weeks...teams have slowed Elliott down and put a lot of pressure on Prescott who seems to struggle when flushed out of the pocket. And pressuring Prescott is the key to for the Packers defense. Also Dallas defensive backs aren't good enough to stop the Packer passing attack.

Sadly I have taken the Cowboys.... if Seattle wins and the Packers win they would meet in Seattle for the NFC championship but I don't see that happening.

Seattle Seahawks @ Atlanta Falcons....Seattle put the hammer down on pass happy Detroit and will again this weekend. Seattle's defense plays like a house on fire when the chips are down.

Houston Texans @ New England Patriots....No way can Houston keep up with Brady and gang

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Kansas City Chiefs.... is the cast on Rottenbuger foot an indication of something they aren't telling us?

Ben Roethlisberger came into the press room after the Miami game wearing a boot on his right foot.

Green Bay Packers @ Dallas Cowboys....I really want the Packers to win because that would give my team another home game....but sadly I have to pick the Cowboys.
I hope you are wrong about Big Ben and his Steel Curtain.

I like Pittsburg and Seattle since I no longer have a horse in this race with Carr breaking his leg.

Last night at our poker event all the Raiders fans were discussing Carr's mishap and blaming the coach for leaving him in longer than necessary.

I hope Del Rio learned something from that. He is new too.

Dallas offensive line is good but not that good over the past couple weeks...teams have slowed Elliott down and put a lot of pressure on Prescott who seems to struggle when flushed out of the pocket. And pressuring Prescott is the key to for the Packers defense. Also Dallas defensive backs aren't good enough to stop the Packer passing attack.

Sadly I have taken the Cowboys.... if Seattle wins and the Packers win they would meet in Seattle for the NFC championship but I don't see that happening.
I hope Seattle wins.

If Green Bay did beat the Cowboys and Seattle wins..next game would be back in Seattle. Big 'if's'
One can only hope.

I don't care about either of these 2 teams. Cowboys have gotten a lot of attention and praise so far by the network football guru's. Anytime that happens it always pisses everybody else off.

Seattle vs Atlanta - I don't trust the Seahawks O-line. Still, it could go either way.
Pittsburgh vs Kansas City - Big Ben already out of the boot. The Steelers feel like the only team that might unseat the Pats.
Green Bay vs Dallas - Although they are on a huge roll, the injury to Nelson is a big blow for the Pack.

Of these games, Steelers vs Chiefs will be the best one to watch, I suspect.

After four stinkers last week, it looks like we may get some good games

To the powers....I certainly hope so. Those first round games were all a waste of time to watch.
It's too bad that Tenn and Denver did not make it into the wild card round. They are just now starting to look good. And they are better than several of the other wildcard teams that just got beat.

Of these games, Steelers vs Chiefs will be the best one to watch, I suspect.

Actually I think all the game this weekend will be fun to watch...well maybe except maybe the Patriot crushing the Texans.

upload_2017-1-13_7-14-45.png

how could the game be in Seattle if they have the same number of wins and the Packers beat Seattle?

NE over Houston....no brainer
Atlanta over Seattle.....Seattle is not the same team on the road and struggles to score points
GB over Dallas........more Rogers magic in 4th qtr comeback
Pitt over KC.......Pitt is just more balanced and Big Ben has more tools

Forum List

Back