Second primary of the year: Illinois - Tuesday, 3/18

No primary in the 5th, 6th, and 7th, Democrat, Republican, Democrat. (Remember, just because there is no primary does not mean there is no election in November.) In the 8th incumbent Rep. Duckworth will be going against Larry Kaifesh, 23 years Marine Corps., Iraq, Afghanistan. Kaifesh's main goal seems to be "Save America", which he looks capable of doing single handedly. From the way Doug Truax's campaign went he might have a hard time getting to Congress however.

Kaifesh is going to have a hard time because the district is drawn in such a way that the Democrat is heavily favored. Also, Duckworth has a pretty good reputation (not entirely deserved, because she hasn't done that much.)

I voted for Duckworth in 2012 because Joe Walsh is a screaming lunatic. (I listen to his radio show on WIND, and frankly, am happy this fool is no longer in Congress.) I could vote for Kaifesh, but I'll watch how the race shapes up. I'd be fine with either one of them in Congress at this point.

One of these Republican candidates will go against Senator Durbin November 4th. Doug sure does have one polished video.

James D. "Jim" Oberweis 36,886 52.2%
Douglas Lee Truax 33,836 47.8%
Precincts reporting: 20%, Last updated: March 18th 2014, 8:11:43 p.m.

]

What bothers me about both Oberweis and Rauner is that these are rich guys who have essentially bought the GOP nominations. Is that what the GOP is doomed to be reduced to, rich guys propelled to vanity nominations propelled by religious loons?

Oberweis I find kind of obnoxious, because here's his record.

2002- Ran for Senate, lost to Durken, who no one could distinguish from Durbin. Try to curry favor with the Chicago Media by comparing the Religious Right to the Taliban.

2004- Ran for Senate, lost to Jack Ryan, who was later forced to bow out after they found out he took his wife to sex clubs. Sucked up to the Religious right this time. Still lost. Didn't get the nomnination after Ryan bowed out because Judy Baar Topinka didn't want to elevate his profile.

2006 - Ran for Governor- Lost to Judy Baar Topinka. Which is like losing a fight to Pee-Wee Herman.

2008- Ran for Congress in the 14th District after Denny Hastert resigned. Lost to Bill Foster- TWICE. (once in the special election and again in the General.

2010- Bought his way onto the GOP Central Committee.

2012 - Won a State Senate Seat.

The Late Steve Neil called him "The Milk Dud", because he keeps running his failed campaigns on his family's Milk fortune.

For all you other primary junkies the next primaries scheduled are:
Politics1 - 2014 US Election Calendar

APRIL 1, 2014:
District of Columbia - Primary Election

MAY 6, 2014:
Indiana - Primary Election
North Carolina - Primary Election
Ohio - Primary Election

MAY 13, 2014:
Nebraska - Primary Election
West Virginia - Primary Election

MAY 20, 2014:
Arkansas - Primary Election
Georgia - Primary Election
Idaho - Primary Election
Kentucky - Primary Election
Oregon - Primary Election
Pennsylvania - Primary Election

A friend of mine, who is the sheriff, lost his re-election bid by 136 votes. Not a real big deal. He needs to retire anyway. The guy that defeated him is ok and will make a good sheriff.

One of these Republican candidates will go against Senator Durbin November 4th. Doug sure does have one polished video.

James D. "Jim" Oberweis 36,886 52.2%
Douglas Lee Truax 33,836 47.8%
Precincts reporting: 20%, Last updated: March 18th 2014, 8:11:43 p.m.

]

What bothers me about both Oberweis and Rauner is that these are rich guys who have essentially bought the GOP nominations. Is that what the GOP is doomed to be reduced to, rich guys propelled to vanity nominations propelled by religious loons?

Oberweis I find kind of obnoxious, because here's his record.

2002- Ran for Senate, lost to Durken, who no one could distinguish from Durbin. Try to curry favor with the Chicago Media by comparing the Religious Right to the Taliban.

2004- Ran for Senate, lost to Jack Ryan, who was later forced to bow out after they found out he took his wife to sex clubs. Sucked up to the Religious right this time. Still lost. Didn't get the nomnination after Ryan bowed out because Judy Baar Topinka didn't want to elevate his profile.

2006 - Ran for Governor- Lost to Judy Baar Topinka. Which is like losing a fight to Pee-Wee Herman.

2008- Ran for Congress in the 14th District after Denny Hastert resigned. Lost to Bill Foster- TWICE. (once in the special election and again in the General.

2010- Bought his way onto the GOP Central Committee.

2012 - Won a State Senate Seat.

The Late Steve Neil called him "The Milk Dud", because he keeps running his failed campaigns on his family's Milk fortune.

I'm not impressed with Oberweis either. I met and talked wth his primary opponent recently, and I was impressed. Truax might have had a better chance of beating Dickie Durbin, but not much.

I also met and listened to Rauner. Great motivator and speaker! He's got so much money that we don't have to worry about him being bribed. He's got to be better than the incompetent fool we have now!

Rauner is another clueless rich guy who doesn't understand why the recession is bad.

Quinn will probably clean his clock when we find out what an amatuer he is.

I know Quinn. He's a mental midget! Don't underestimate Rauner. He's used to winning and being successful.

Rauner is another clueless rich guy who doesn't understand why the recession is bad.

I know Quinn. He's a mental midget! Don't underestimate Rauner. He's used to winning and being successful.

You better fucking believe Rauner understands business and economics.

But he better get his shit and his money machine together if he's going to convince any Chicago African-American to vote for him.

I'm not a fan of Quinn, but I'm not about to hand the state over to a corporate raider who is going to loot the state for his rich pals.

If Dillard had won, I'd have voted for Dillard in November.

Rauner is a non-starter. And frankly, the Media is just waiting to take him apart.

I'm not a fan of Quinn, but I'm not about to hand the state over to a corporate raider who is going to loot the state for his rich pals.

Rauner is a non-starter. And frankly, the Media is just waiting to take him apart.

Rauner is a douchebag that bought his way into the nomination, Quinn is pretty dumb, but even he will wipe Rauner up and down the block.

Rauner is a douchebag that bought his way into the nomination, Quinn is pretty dumb, but even he will wipe Rauner up and down the block.

We will see. Rauner knows how to get momentum going, and will keep it going. Rauner has a better message, and will get more votes out of Chicago than many think.

[

We will see. Rauner knows how to get momentum going, and will keep it going. Rauner has a better message, and will get more votes out of Chicago than many think.

Rauner spent a shitload of money and barely beat out Dillard.

Dillard was a strong candidate, and had my vote. Too much money is spent by all the campaigns, and sometimes a greater percentage has to come from a candidate like Rauner who has little party backing due to not having a political history.

Rauner will win.:eusa_angel:

[

Dillard was a strong candidate, and had my vote. Too much money is spent by all the campaigns, and sometimes a greater percentage has to come from a candidate like Rauner who has little party backing due to not having a political history.

Not one poll has him over 50%.

The point is he doesn't have a political history. WHich means we don't know much about him, other then we've already caught him lying about influence peddling and calling in favors to get his kid into a Magnet School.

He remember that Jack Ryan guy, who was another big money asshole who was an outsider and was going to bring all this change.

Until we found out he slapped around his wife and took her to sex clubs.

Not one poll has him over 50%.

The point is he doesn't have a political history. WHich means we don't know much about him, other then we've already caught him lying about influence peddling and calling in favors to get his kid into a Magnet School.

He remember that Jack Ryan guy, who was another big money asshole who was an outsider and was going to bring all this change.

Until we found out he slapped around his wife and took her to sex clubs.

As a highly successful business man, I don't believe Rauner did anything illegal or even in extreme bad taste.

[

As a highly successful business man, I don't believe Rauner did anything illegal or even in extreme bad taste.

Ask Mitt Romney how far 'highly successful businessman" gets you.

Because most people translate that as 'the Douchebag in the corner office who laid off your Dad".

Times are different. The overall feeling in Illinois that the incompetence of our governor has cost us too much industry and too many jobs. Most state elected officials are very difficult to defeat, but Quinn is very likely going to lose this time.

Quinn is a good speaker, but has a hollow message. Rauner is a good speaker that has a message that resonates all over the state. Quinn may still win the four out of 102 counties that he won last time but more narrowly. The rest of the state will get out the vote better IMHO.

[

Because most people translate that as 'the Douchebag in the corner office who laid off your Dad".

Times are different. The overall feeling in Illinois that the incompetence of our governor has cost us too much industry and too many jobs. Most state elected officials are very difficult to defeat, but Quinn is very likely going to lose this time.

Quinn is a good speaker, but has a hollow message. Rauner is a good speaker that has a message that resonates all over the state. Quinn may still win the four out of 102 counties that he won last time but more narrowly. The rest of the state will get out the vote better IMHO.

You mean the four counties where people actually live? Yeah, he'll win those.

I'm not a fan of Quinn, but Rauner is a complete Big Business Republican douchebag. I won't vote for him.

You mean the four counties where people actually live? Yeah, he'll win those.

I'm not a fan of Quinn, but Rauner is a complete Big Business Republican douchebag. I won't vote for him.

I agree, Rauner is an idiot and a 1% of the 1%. He bled nursing homes dry and people died because of it. He's even worse than Romney.

Quinn has already started with the ads about his quotes of lowering the minimum wage which will be a massive blow. Throw in him idolizing people like Walker in wisconsin and it's game over.

Forum List

Back