SEC Championship - College football at its best

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
Great game by both teams. A chance to play for the national championship was on the line and BOTH teams came to play. Helluva game!

Good offensive play. Great defensive play. Special teams on both sides played great. One of the best games I have seen in a while.

60 mins of hard fought, hard hitting football.

Great game by both teams. A chance to play for the national championship was on the line and BOTH teams came to play. Helluva game!

Good offensive play. Great defensive play. Special teams on both sides played great. One of the best games I have seen in a while.

I thought the Aggie's kicking Bama's butt at home was better...

I have said i thought that was an excellent game too. But the SEC Championship was a slugfest between two championship caliber teams.

One more win to go and Bama has another crystal ball.

Bama lost to a Middle of the pack Big 12 team?

Are you ready to rumble?​

Notre Dame isn't going to get the calls in SEC territory. Hell ... they didn't call a foul on Bama until the 4th quarter in Georgia,even though Bama injured the QB with a helmet to helmet hit that wasn't near the play.

The play you are describing was not one that needed a penalty. It was not a defender hitting a QB. Onec the interception was made it was a block against a defender. Murray was on defense as soon as the ball was intercepted.

Last edited:

Yep, we did lose to Texas A&M. The Big 12 can thank their lucky stars that A&M came to the SEC before Johnny Manziel started playing QB.

Are you ready to rumble?​

Notre Dame isn't going to get the calls in SEC territory. Hell ... they didn't call a foul on Bama until the 4th quarter in Georgia,even though Bama injured the QB with a helmet to helmet hit that wasn't near the play.

The play you are describing was not one that needed a penalty. It was not a defender hitting a QB. Onec the interception was made it was a block against a defender. Murray was on defense as soon as the ball was intercepted.

It was still a penalty.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mnNnwrnIVE]Georiga's quarterback Aaron Murray takes a big hit during the sec championship game - YouTube[/ame]

It was still a penalty.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mnNnwrnIVE]Georiga's quarterback Aaron Murray takes a big hit during the sec championship game - YouTube[/ame]

Murray was no longer a QB so he isn't afforded the same protections. He was moving towards the lane the ball carrier was taking and got blocked. Was it a hard block? Sure. Was it a penalty? No. Defensive players get hit in the head all the time.

It was still a penalty.

Murray was no longer a QB so he isn't afforded the same protections. He was moving towards the lane the ball carrier was taking and got blocked. Was it a hard block? Sure. Was it a penalty? No. Defensive players get hit in the head all the time.

QB or no QB, you are not allowed to launch yourself with a helmet to helmet hit. I agree with the commentators that it was a penalty. Not that I want the league to be touch football but if you are going to call a penalty on Georgia for a hit on Bama's QB that wasn't helmet to helmet and looked very legal then you should call all of them.

Yep, we did lose to Texas A&M. The Big 12 can thank their lucky stars that A&M came to the SEC before Johnny Manziel started playing QB.

Alabama will DESTROY Notre Dame. Notre Dame is still a year or two away from being a LEGITIMATE title contender.

Nick Saban is the best coach in college football, period. This was supposed to be an off-year for 'Bama, because they lost a lot of seniors and they had a lot of young players starting this season.

But, here they are, back to defend their title.

Georgia impressed me overall, but their run defense and tackling was AWFUL. Richt is a class act and I always like to see Georgia do well.

Final Score: Alabama- 31, Notre Dame- 10

Alabama will DESTROY Notre Dame. Notre Dame is still a year or two away from being a LEGITIMATE title contender.

Nick Saban is the best coach in college football, period. This was supposed to be an off-year for 'Bama, because they lost a lot of seniors and they had a lot of young players starting this season.

But, here they are, back to defend their title.

Georgia impressed me overall, but their run defense and tackling was AWFUL. Richt is a class act and I always like to see Georgia do well.

Final Score: Alabama- 31, Notre Dame- 10

Georgia played an excellent game overall. I thought both teams brought their A game.

It wasn't Alabama's best game and could have easily gone Georgia's way. Saban pretty much acknowledged that after the game. I do however hope they bring their A-game when they play ND and convincingly beat them. The ND hype needs to be put to bed.

Forum List

Back