SEC Championship - College football at its best

ND will roll the Tide and make it about 6-1 in the all-time series.

PS - Georgia would have also been at least a 7 point fav over ND.

Both Bama and Georgia blow.

ND will roll the Tide and make it about 6-1 in the all-time series.

PS - Georgia would have also been at least a 7 point fav over ND.

Both Bama and Georgia blow.

Considering how much trouble Notre Lame had with BYU & Pitt, I think either Bama or Georgia could take them.

We'll see in January. Not ancient history, but for the National Championship.

The SEC would have my respect if they played a decent non conference schedule. Which they don't.

Bama opened the season with a top 10 nonconference opponent. We've done that several times.

And its not as if the rest of the nation has no creampuffs on their schedule. I saw the highlights for Oregon State's game against perenial powerhouse Nicholls. Heavy duty nonconference action there.

ND blows bama out

would have destroyed georgia

So you are, in effect, saying that beating Michigan by a margin that is 4x greater than the margin of victory for Notre Dame against Michigan is meaningless?

And you are, in effect, saying that BYU, Pitt, and Purdue are all better than Alabama? Because ND certainly didn't blow them out.

Bama lost to a Middle of the pack Big 12 team?

Yep, we did lose to Texas A&M. The Big 12 can thank their lucky stars that A&M came to the SEC before Johnny Manziel started playing QB.

Alabama will DESTROY Notre Dame. Notre Dame is still a year or two away from being a LEGITIMATE title contender.

Nick Saban is the best coach in college football, period. This was supposed to be an off-year for 'Bama, because they lost a lot of seniors and they had a lot of young players starting this season.

But, here they are, back to defend their title.

Georgia impressed me overall, but their run defense and tackling was AWFUL. Richt is a class act and I always like to see Georgia do well.

Final Score: Alabama- 31, Notre Dame- 10

WTF? Alabama never has an "off year".

Are you ready to rumble?​

Notre Dame isn't going to get the calls in SEC territory. Hell ... they didn't call a foul on Bama until the 4th quarter in Georgia,even though Bama injured the QB with a helmet to helmet hit that wasn't near the play.

The play you are describing was not one that needed a penalty. It was not a defender hitting a QB. Onec the interception was made it was a block against a defender. Murray was on defense as soon as the ball was intercepted.

Initiating helmet to helmet contact is a foul no matter what the context.

The SEC would have my respect if they played a decent non conference schedule. Which they don't.

Bama opened the season with a top 10 nonconference opponent. We've done that several times.

And its not as if the rest of the nation has no creampuffs on their schedule. I saw the highlights for Oregon State's game against perenial powerhouse Nicholls. Heavy duty nonconference action there.

1 Washington
2 South Carolina
3 Florida State
4 Michigan State
5 Auburn
6 Tennessee
7 Florida
8 USC
9 Stanford
10 Mississippi State
11 Kentucky
12 Nebraska
13 Notre Dame
14 Georgia
15 Michigan
16 Purdue
17 Illinois
18 LSU
19 Boston College
20 Washington State
21 West Virginia
22 Arizona
23 Pitt
24 Maryland
25 Texas A&M

Funny I don't see Alabama name on the list for the toughest schedule...

1 Washington
2 South Carolina
3 Florida State
4 Michigan State
5 Auburn
6 Tennessee
7 Florida
8 USC
9 Stanford
10 Mississippi State
11 Kentucky
12 Nebraska
13 Notre Dame
14 Georgia
15 Michigan
16 Purdue
17 Illinois
18 LSU
19 Boston College
20 Washington State
21 West Virginia
22 Arizona
23 Pitt
24 Maryland
25 Texas A&M

1. Notre Dame
2. Alabama

I do see Alabama on the list of teams playing in the BCS Championship game.

Also, you posted "The SEC would have my respect if they played a decent non conference schedule. Which they don't." You did not say they would have your respect if they were on the list of teaqms with the toughest schedules.

If you are saying you would give respect to the SEC if they were on the list of teams with the toughest schedules, then you should offer your respect. Half of the top 10 in that list and 9 of the 25 listed are SEC schools.

1 Washington
2 South Carolina
3 Florida State
4 Michigan State
5 Auburn
6 Tennessee
7 Florida
8 USC
9 Stanford
10 Mississippi State
11 Kentucky
12 Nebraska
13 Notre Dame
14 Georgia
15 Michigan
16 Purdue
17 Illinois
18 LSU
19 Boston College
20 Washington State
21 West Virginia
22 Arizona
23 Pitt
24 Maryland
25 Texas A&M

1. Notre Dame
2. Alabama

I do see Alabama on the list of teams playing in the BCS Championship game.

Also, you posted "The SEC would have my respect if they played a decent non conference schedule. Which they don't." You did not say they would have your respect if they were on the list of teaqms with the toughest schedules.

If you are saying you would give respect to the SEC if they were on the list of teams with the toughest schedules, then you should offer your respect. Half of the top 10 in that list and 9 of the 25 listed are SEC schools.

In which Alabama is not one of them because of their light non conference schedule. Texas A&M has just as much right to be in the BCS game as Alabama because they beat the Tide on Alabama home field and lost two games to top rated teams.

Just about all the SEC teams play pussy non-conference schedules, they are ranked because of the tougher conference schedule and brained washed media exposure.

If I could pick the two teams that should be in the BCS title game I would go with Florida/Kansas State and Oregon.

Remember one thing, if Ohio State wasn't on suspension Alabama would be watching the game on TV.

ND blows bama out

would have destroyed georgia

So you are, in effect, saying that beating Michigan by a margin that is 4x greater than the margin of victory for Notre Dame against Michigan is meaningless?

And you are, in effect, saying that BYU, Pitt, and Purdue are all better than Alabama? Because ND certainly didn't blow them out.

Teams get better.

Golson was still a rookie.

ND lost to Ole Miss early in the season in 1977 - same year they routed Texas and Earl Campbell 38-10 in the Cotton Bowl.

Every time ND has a really good season I have a crappy time in my personal life - 1988, 1993 and 2012.

Sort of lessens the enjoyment...

Or lifts me up in bad times -glass half-full or half empty.......

Every time ND has a really good season I have a crappy time in my personal life - 1988, 1993 and 2012.

Sort of lessens the enjoyment...

Or lifts me up in bad times -glass half-full or half empty.......

ND took 3 overtimes to beat Pitt. And that was not early in the season. It was in November.

I though ND was toast when Wood fumbled into theend zone in the OT - and all Pitt hadto do was kick a FG

He missed

Good teams get lucky

I though ND was toast when Wood fumbled into theend zone in the OT - and all Pitt hadto do was kick a FG

He missed

Good teams get lucky

Thats funny. When its ND you say "Good teams get lucky". But when the teams ahead of Bama lose, then we "backed into the championship game".

Nah, no disparity there.

Last edited:
Its ND s year .

Get over it.

So we should just cancel the bowl games and go ahead an proclaim ND #1? lol

Sorry, but that is what people said about LSU last year. Remember how well that turned out?

Look, I get that you are a ND homer. And I get that you hate Bama. But being a fan doesn't change the rules of the BCS or the game.

Forum List

Back