Seattle vs Denver...

EEEGGGAAADDDSSS !!!!

What a clusterfuck !!!!

Fits and false starts with lightning delays marred what was a schetchy effort at best.

Seahawks lose their first pre season game after 9 consecutive wins.

It is becoming immediately clear who won't be making the team. Apparently some of the new faces won't be around long.

A few just don't get it. Carroll likes to win. He hates to lose. Some of the most damning tape The head coach will take notice of will be the sideline demeanor of many of the newbees.

Standing around laughing on the sidelines just after you make bonehead plays that kill drives when your team is on the 3 yardline about to score is a quick ticket to see ya later don't bother to write.

Terrell Pryor has loads of natural talent but he is a fucking idiot. It is easy to see why Oakland traded him. Good thing the Hawks didn't pay him squat because that is what he is worth.

There are several rookies that will never make it to the final roster cut....Like the asshole that was ejected for punching a Bronco in the face right in front of a ref. What a fuckin moron. We don't keep stupid people around for very long. That dude is better suited to be a bouncer at a dive bar.

Wilson left the field with a slim lead just after the start of the second qtr....both offense and defense played around 20 plays with what could be vaguely called the first string. About half the "first string" was missing the actual starters. Wilson played OK but it was clear he wasn't feeling 100%.. he looked like he was going to puke..sweating profusely. He appeared really sick like with a flu.

All I can say is it was lucky no one important got injured.

The team will benefit when many of the new guys are kicked to the curb and the REAL Seahawks are on the field.

The whole offensive line was 2nd stringers which made it hard for Wilson to maintain a rythem and much continuity from the first possession.

I think Carroll presented it that way making it nearly impossible for the first team to succeed and to start the weeding out proccess as the wannabees were forced into difficult situations.

I understand the logic. It is easy to look good when you are just the weakest link on a Super Bowl champion team. If the best players are removed from the equation the new guys can't hide. They have to man up from the start. Many failed tonight. Good. The "next man up" montra won't work if the next man up is an idiot.

Seattle will have to cut around 40 players. It won't be that hard to single out the first wave of rejections.

Terrell Pryor has loads of natural talent but he is a fucking idiot.
You could say that about the vast majority of NFL Players.

"Veeeeery talented! But shtoopid!" :lol:

The Atlanta Falcons are on Hard Knocks this year, that's usually a pretty good show

Watchin' "Ocho Cinco" get humbled then fired was awesome! :lol:

Geez, Huggy, that was the FIRST PRESEASON GAME for the teams that played yesterday.

Most of the players in those games don't have a ghost of a chance of making the final roster.

I watched the first half of the Patriots/Redskins game last night, and I had NO IDEA who most of the Patriots players were, or where the hell they came from. Only a handful of actual starters actually played in that game.

UNBELIEVABLE that you would put so much thought and analysis into the FIRST preseason game.

Give it a rest and give me a break!

Geez, Huggy, that was the FIRST PRESEASON GAME for the teams that played yesterday.

Most of the players in those games don't have a ghost of a chance of making the final roster.

I watched the first half of the Patriots/Redskins game last night, and I had NO IDEA who most of the Patriots players were, or where the hell they came from. Only a handful of actual starters actually played in that game.

UNBELIEVABLE that you would put so much thought and analysis into the FIRST preseason game.

My thoughts exactly.

My thoughts exactly.

I agree but I can already count the number of players who will not make any of the teams I watched on Thursday. San Francisco topped the list. Seattle at least I saw some talent like that Bronson kid but beyond that not so much. The linebackers late in the game for Seattle didn't seem to have a clue what was going on.

I was surprised that both Manning and Wilson played as much as they did...that was the most interesting thing I saw in that game.

I think preseason games are extremely hard to judge from the outside. We don't know exactly what the coaching staffs are expecting or looking for from the various players. Are they being thrown into situations for which they haven't been well prepared, just to see how they do? Have they been taking reps with the other players they are on the field with, or do you have first, second and third stringers mixed who almost never work together? Are the coaches looking at a particular characteristic of a player and not overly concerned about others (such as the ability to pick up rushers/execute blocks for a RB or WR)?

Yes, you can get glimpses of potential from preseason games, but for the most part they are evaluations of players we will almost never see play in any regular season games, especially these first preseason games.

I rarely watch preseason. I want to see the NFL teams at their best, not the backups and the practice squad players.

I think preseason games are extremely hard to judge from the outside. We don't know exactly what the coaching staffs are expecting or looking for from the various players. Are they being thrown into situations for which they haven't been well prepared, just to see how they do? Have they been taking reps with the other players they are on the field with, or do you have first, second and third stringers mixed who almost never work together? Are the coaches looking at a particular characteristic of a player and not overly concerned about others (such as the ability to pick up rushers/execute blocks for a RB or WR)?

Yes, you can get glimpses of potential from preseason games, but for the most part they are evaluations of players we will almost never see play in any regular season games, especially these first preseason games.

I rarely watch preseason. I want to see the NFL teams at their best, not the backups and the practice squad players.

The only reason I watch the preseason is to see how the rooks do.
And in the case of my Texans this year the new coaches and schemes as well.

so were going to have to sit through you making threads of PRE season games of the Hawks as well this year?:cuckoo:

funny that you would actually concern yourself with a preseason game in the fact you cant tell anything about what kind of a team they will be for the year,that you cant judge how a team is going to be doing by pre season.:lol:

not surprising this game was so low scoring since the hawks werent going to show them much saving everything for the regular season..you know the donkeys badly wanted to win it though so thats really funny they could only score one touchdown in the first quarter.you just know they went hard all out.:lol:

Last edited:
Are you guize kidding ?????

:mad:

Hey !!!!! BACK OFF !!!!!!!

:lol:

There is much one can take out of a pre season exhibition.

For one thing there are lots of new emphasis's the refs are looking at with the start of this seaason... or any season.

Carroll and every coach needs to see what is going to be called and what let slide.

There are desires and expectations expressed by some players like Robert Turbin RB for one. He had his Haynes Shorts in a bunch when Lynch was holding out. He claimed he should be considered as the starting running back for the Hawks on several interviews.

WELL...Ol Bobby stunk up Mile High Stadium last night as Beast Mode was nowhere to be seen and Turbin got his big chance to step up... He was a joke.

The new rookie back "Small" dropped two easy swing passes also. Both times he had wide open field in front of him but he showed he has no business in the NFL. He already had attention on him because he is about 5' 6" and needed to show why a midget should be considered on a Super Bowl Championship team. Sure...short guys that are over 200 lbs(220 in his case) CAN find their way out in the big show...but they have to be real special.

Seriously I feel badly for players that work for the better part of their lives with a goal of maybe making it in the NFL... And find out quickly that their dream is a fantasy.

From the way Robert Turbin was talking last week he had worked extra hard over the off season and had reached a new level.

Sorry Bobster... your "new" level is lower than your old level. :lol:

I didn't expect anything fantastic to happen in this pre season exhibition. I WAS hoping that someone would shine and make the viewing interesting.

Marsh was one player that stood out. He got a sack and several tackles. The kid WILL make the Seahawks team. The Hawks need some help on the defensive line. He will help.

You guys maybe don't take YOUR football as seriously as I do. You probably haven't driven the 400 mile round trip from Seattle to Cheney and back like I have just to see the team practice. I used to go to all the early practices ..even more so when the team was practicing at the Kirkland bible college only 10 miles form Seattle.

I get it that most fans don't want to put in that much effort to see the team come together for a season. I have put in that kind of effort and seen the rooks sweat in the Summer sun so I feel like after talking to them personally I have a closer connection to my team than most of you. That doesn't make me a better fan but perhaps sheds light on my passion for the NFL and the Seahawks in particular.

Last edited:
as i predicted,the seahhawks obviously didnt show the donkeys much in the game,are saving everything for the regular season.just wondering huggy,i see peyton had quite a few pass attempts,did he play the whole first quarter?:D

as i predicted,the seahhawks obviously didnt show the donkeys much in the game,are saving everything for the regular season.just wondering huggy,i see peyton had quite a few pass attempts,did he play the whole first quarter?:D

Peyton had one very long time consuming drive in the first qtr. I think it lasted something like 16 plays or more. The Broncos played more real first stringers than did the Seahawks.

16 Seahawks didn't make the trip. On defense the only real first stringer of any consequense that played on defense was Richard Sherman.

Peyton Manning nor his backups didn't throw a single pass in Sherman's area.

The Seahawks didn't show ANYTHING.

I was surprised that Wilson played at all as 5 starters on the O-Line didn't play.

This was the first pre Season game that it was obvious Carroll had no intentions of winning...which is a departure from past seasons.

obvious Carroll had no intentions of winning.[/B]..which is a departure from past seasons.

Really...I think Carroll would have been happy to win. If Pryor hadn't thrown that pick at the end of the game. Or the dropped pass at the goal line...don't you. Why did Russel Wilson Play more than the opening series?

If Carroll didn't wan to win why were those plays even called, why did Seattle beat Denver in almost ever stat?

I know the preseason doesn't mean squat but winning preseason games sets a tone for the regular season.

Yeah Seattle wanted to win this game and all the upcoming game to boot. Seattle needs to prove last year wasn't a fluke beside its called pride.

The ONLY valuable information that can be gleaned from early preseason games is how well some of the veterans coming off injuries have recovered from their injuries.

The Patriots played Vince Wilfork for quite a few snaps in the first half against the Redskins. Wilfork is coming back from an Achilles injury.

ANYTHING ELSE anybody is looking for in an early preseason game is strictly speculation and rumor.

The OVERZEALOUS fans in here will always try to make something out of nothing.

obvious Carroll had no intentions of winning.[/B]..which is a departure from past seasons.

Really...I think Carroll would have been happy to win. If Pryor hadn't thrown that pick at the end of the game. Or the dropped pass at the goal line...don't you. Why did Russel Wilson Play more than the opening series?

If Carroll didn't wan to win why were those plays even called, why did Seattle beat Denver in almost ever stat?

I know the preseason doesn't mean squat but winning preseason games sets a tone for the regular season.

Yeah Seattle wanted to win this game and all the upcoming game to boot. Seattle needs to prove last year wasn't a fluke beside its called pride.

#1To start with ...as I mentioned.. the number ones on the O-Line were not even on the field. Wilson's opening series lasted 4 plays as the wannabee's left the flood gates open and Russells first series was a bit of a clusterfuck. Then Manning chewed up most of the first qtr on a penalty infused extra long series that ended FINALLY in a Bronco TD. Wilson then ..also with a host of Denver penalties ...managed to take the Seahawks from around the 5 yardline the length of the field to a Christian Michael TD. Wilson looked crisp in his second series extending the play several times with his typical whirrling derbish spins and pirroette's.

#2 There was no real need to play so short handed on the first string. If this was a real game, players like Percy Harvin WR, Miller TE, Willson TE, Okung LT, Sweezy RG, Unger C, Lynch RB...etc.. would have been in Denver and played in the exhibition.

#3 You are correct in noting that Pryor blew an easy opportunity to score at the end of the game with around two and a half minutes left and the Hawks on like a first and goal on the 3 yard line. As I mentioned Pryor is an idiot. His interception was totally unneccesary. He forced the pass to Lockett who was double covered.

#4 Ya the Hawks 2nds 3rds and fourths outplayed Denvers firsts 2nds and thirds. And yes they should have won the game.

#5.. Why did the Hawks lose? .... Re-read #2 ..If there are still any questions.. repeat #2 until it sinks in..

The only reason I watch the preseason is to see how the rooks do.
And in the case of my Texans this year the new coaches and schemes as well.

same here,thats why it pissed me off that andy reid waited till the last couple minutes of the chiefs game to put murray in at quarterback,a guy that my local radio station said during the summer might be the next tom brady or russel wilson to come out of the draft.all he did was hand off,wont have that chance if all the coach ever lets him do is hand off the ball all the time.:cuckoo: that jerk reid better give him some playing time in the next game next week against the panthers.:mad:

Peyton had one very long time consuming drive in the first qtr. I think it lasted something like 16 plays or more. The Broncos played more real first stringers than did the Seahawks.

16 Seahawks didn't make the trip. On defense the only real first stringer of any consequense that played on defense was Richard Sherman.

Peyton Manning nor his backups didn't throw a single pass in Sherman's area.

The Seahawks didn't show ANYTHING.

I was surprised that Wilson played at all as 5 starters on the O-Line didn't play.

This was the first pre Season game that it was obvious Carroll had no intentions of winning...which is a departure from past seasons.

Yeah thats pretty much what I expected him to do and expected him to hold out that many starters.thats really funny because when i was watching the chiefs first preseason game,i saw that during the middle of the second quarter the donkeys still only had 3 points.:D i was laughing so hard at that point cause i knew the Hawks wouldnt start most their players and the fact the donkeys could only get three points with manning in there against their backups.:D:lol::lol: carrol only played wilson im sure to satisfy the donkey fans,give them a chance to see him.

to no surprise I see he didnt play him much though.that he was wise like I thought he would be and only played a couple series it looks like throwin short passes the fact he only threw 6 times completing 4 of them. got to tip your cap to carrol.you want to give the fans some satisfaction since they paid money to see him,carrol let them see him satisfying them while at the same time not exposing him to injury just throwing it 6 times with short quick passes.

that was smart to go from his departure of playing all preseason games to win.

further proof of what a good coach carrol is and how he is willing to be flexible also.

this is one game you dont want to do that obviously holding back most of your players and most of your plays which we pretty much knew they would. Just like I predicted,this would be the one time the donkeys would enjoy a victory against them when it didnt matter.:D enjoy it while you can donkey fans,wont last long.:D wil be the last time during the peyton manning era they will enjoy this victory.:D:lol::lol:

i had a pretty good felling as well that while the donkesy would win it,it wouldnt be by much,that it would be a close game.lol.

Last edited:
Here we go again hit the nail on the head.the ONLY reason to watch a pre seasaon game is to see how the rookies will do.how they play.that again iwas the ONLY reason i went to the chiefs game was in hopes of seeing murry play,what kind of quarterback he is.

Had I known that Reid was going to be a jerk and only bring him in the last 4 minutes of the game and just hand the ball off and NEVER have him throw even once though,i never would have bothered making the trip out there.:mad:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back