Seattle police defunded

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
A Seattle lawmaker has furiously denied her support for defunding the police is to blame for soaring crime in the city.

Council member Kshama Sawant said the city should not add police resources to the Central District neighborhood after 24 children had to crawl to the bathroom of a daycare facility following a shooting.

The incident happened on Monday outside of the A-4 Apple Learning Center, with a 47-year-old man being shot on the street.

A bullet pierced through the window of the center, with co-owner Appollonia Washington telling staff and children inside to 'army crawl' to the bathroom and hide.

In response, the facility shared a statement slamming the City Council and its members for allowing violence to 'plague' the area.

In response to questions by KOMO News, she said: 'I am in solidarity with all small business owners, but the facts are that bloating the police department does not work.

'My message to them is that increasing funding to police is not going to help them, you know why?

'Because that is the strategy that has been tried for a decade and a half. Police have got more and more money. This whole idea that 'police got defunded', no it did not, unfortunately.'

Despite her remarks, The Seattle Met reported that the budget dropped from $402.3 million in 2020 to $361.7 million in 2021 and then to $355.5 million in 2022.

Comment:
This is how the far-left extremist Democrats destroy cities and states.
They are on the side of the criminals because they think that criminals are oppressed people.
They tax and spend until there is nothing left to steal and then they have a bankrupt government.

Seattle used to be a beautiful city, used to be known as the Emerald City.
Not anymore, kind of a scary place and you need to watch what part of
the city you're in at night.
It's gone the way of the other neo-Marxist Democrat major metropolitan areas. The goal is to keep releasing violent offenders as soon as they are arrested, knowing that those same violent offenders will re-offend, again and again. The ultimate goal is to get the general public so fed up with the violent crime, that they will happily take firearms away from the law-abiding public, in the belief that it will solve the problem. Once the guns are gone, the neo-Marxist Democrat Party in the US, will implement their Marxist goals of getting rid of the Constitution and its Bill of Rights and it's goodbye freedom.

America will only decline so far before there are Runnin Gun Battles in the Streets ( And the MIL / NG / LEOs WILL pick a side .

Seattle used to be a beautiful city, used to be known as the Emerald City.
Not anymore, kind of a scary place and you need to watch what part of
the city you're in at night.
EVERY US city of 250,000+ people has Homeless and Crime.
Smaller ones too.
Even when POS45 was POTUS.

WTF? Not sure who you're talking to?
I will also say that with them defunding police or whatever
you guys want to call it, Seattle changed.
How long ago were you actually in Seattle?
Just curious if you are an actual 'witness' to such horrors, or are you relying on a video or two.

Target is closing all of their stores in the metro area near me due to out of control theft. They are having a 90 percent off everything sale before closing their doors for good.

My daughter and I were in the city this morning and we stopped by a famous candy store she likes. The store is run by a couple lesbians (not that there's anything wrong with that...).

Not being local, my daughter asked one of the lesbians if there was anything left in the nearest Target store at this point, what with the 90 percent off sale and everything.

The woman informed us all that is left are vitamins and greeting cards. Oh, well. You snooze, you lose.

My daughter then asked what they are going to put there after the Target is gone.

With my usual comedic timing, I said, "A police station."

I wish you could have seen the candy store owner's reaction. :lol:

She actually froze, then leaned back and gave me a scornful look. I could hear exactly what she was thinking about this white male privileged heterosexual in front of her.

The ironic thing is she had just been saying her store is one of the few surviving stores in the area because of the crime rate.

There is some kind of weird disconnect in the minds of these urban liberals, man.

A Seattle lawmaker has furiously denied her support for defunding the police is to blame for soaring crime in the city.

Council member Kshama Sawant said the city should not add police resources to the Central District neighborhood after 24 children had to crawl to the bathroom of a daycare facility following a shooting.

The incident happened on Monday outside of the A-4 Apple Learning Center, with a 47-year-old man being shot on the street.

A bullet pierced through the window of the center, with co-owner Appollonia Washington telling staff and children inside to 'army crawl' to the bathroom and hide.

In response, the facility shared a statement slamming the City Council and its members for allowing violence to 'plague' the area.

In response to questions by KOMO News, she said: 'I am in solidarity with all small business owners, but the facts are that bloating the police department does not work.

'My message to them is that increasing funding to police is not going to help them, you know why?

'Because that is the strategy that has been tried for a decade and a half. Police have got more and more money. This whole idea that 'police got defunded', no it did not, unfortunately.'

Despite her remarks, The Seattle Met reported that the budget dropped from $402.3 million in 2020 to $361.7 million in 2021 and then to $355.5 million in 2022.

Comment:
This is how the far-left extremist Democrats destroy cities and states.
They are on the side of the criminals because they think that criminals are oppressed people.
They tax and spend until there is nothing left to steal and then they have a bankrupt government.
Minority-run Democratic cities are invariably $hithole$... as White Folk keep moving further and further into the boonies...

Between Whom and Whom?
(Criminals and People fed up with Criminals ) ( Far left & Left Street Rabble and Some LEOs ) ( Cartel Henchmen and LEO interdiction teams ) ( Chinese Overseas Commandos and their Sapper / Spy Handlers and MIL/ NG/ LEOs ) ( Islamists and their sympathizers and Whoever gets in their way ) ...

Forum List

Back