Seattle: Greatest Defense of all time?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Up until last night they were in the discussion

After blowing a 10 point fourth quarter lead in the Superbowl they have dropped from contention

The Steel Curtain can rest easy

Don't you find it odd that they would intentionally throw it all away, RW? I do. I believe there is far more to this story. They had the 10 point lead and they throw it away. No one else did that. They did.

Why? Why would a professional team at the Superbowl do such a thing? Had they refused to throw it away and played ball as they should have? They'd be the SB winners.

I will tell you what I believe happened. Someone inside the Seattle Seahawks team decided they feared man more than they feared God. They caved in to whatever intimidation, threat was waged against them - their family or someone they loved - then they threw the game to the Patriots because whoever was threatening them? Was determined to see the Patriots win.

They should have trusted God and not caved in. He is more than able to keep anyone who puts their trust in Him.

Last edited:
Don't you find it odd that they would intentionally throw it all away, RW? I do. I believe there is far more to this story. They had the 10 point lead and they throw it away. No one else did that. They did.

Why? Why would a professional team at the Superbowl do such a thing? Had they refused to throw it away and played ball as they should have? They'd be the SB winners.

Jeri....sometimes you are just creepy

I will tell you what I believe happened. Someone inside the Seattle Seahawks team decided they feared man more than they feared God. They caved in to whatever intimidation, threat was waged against them - their family or someone they loved - then they threw the game to the Patriots because whoever was threatening them? Was determined to see the Patriots win.

They should have trusted God and not caved in. He is more than able to keep anyone who puts their trust in Him.

Maybe Russell Wilson doesn't have as strong of faith as he claims.

Come on, the game was never thrown, you are now going off the deep end.

God clearly had bet on the Patriots..

No, God cannot over ride the will of any football player who decides to throw away a 10 point lead that was already there. Man has been given a free will. Why any Seahawk player would decide to throw it all away - is the question. There had to be a motive. One day we'll learn the truth about what really happened.

Maybe Russell Wilson doesn't have as strong of faith as he claims.

Come on, the game was never thrown, you are now going off the deep end.

I do not know how strong Russell Wilson's faith is. I only know there is something more to this story. One day it will all come out. That much you can be sure of.

No, God cannot over ride the will of any football player who decides to throw a 10 point lead that was already there. Man has been given a free will. Why any Seahawk player would decide to throw it all away - is the question. There had to be a motive. One day we'll learn the truth about what really happened.
They played a good team is what happened...

No, God cannot over ride the will of any football player who decides to throw a 10 point lead that was already there. Man has been given a free will. Why any Seahawk player would decide to throw it all away - is the question. There had to be a motive. One day we'll learn the truth about what really happened.

Jerri

Sometimes a golfer misses a 2 ft putt
Sometimes a kicker misses an extra point
Sometimes a basketball player misses a slam dunk

Doesn't mean its fixed

Jesus can overcome a 10 point lead

Jesus cannot overcome the free will of any man. Make a note of that one, RW. You either trust God or you don't. That goes for everyone.

Jesus can overcome a 10 point lead

Jesus cannot overcome the free will of any man. Make a note of that one, RW. You either trust God or you don't. That goes for everyone.

Jesus would have completed that pass

After blowing a 10 point fourth quarter lead in the Superbowl they have dropped from contention

Oh I don't know about that. Seahawks were without Mebane, Jordan Hill, Lane got injured in the first quarter, Sherman (torn elbow ligaments), Chancellor (knee), and Thomas (torn labrum) were all more banged up than they let on. Avril got injured. If you go back and look at the flow of that game you will notice that New England started off with a more balanced attack and especially after Lane went out they quickly realized that the LOB was more banged up than previously thought and Tharold Simon was playing out of position covering the slot (which is not in line with his skill set). Once they realized that they attacked that aggressively. Don't get me wrong. I am not taking anything away from New England. They played it correctly. It's good strategy. If you notice that your opponent is weak somewhere you exploit that weakness...hell Sun Tzu made that point in 500 BC. But you know....you are talking 6-7 starters out or injured. Pretty tough to downgrade them for that

Oh I don't know about that. Seahawks were without Mebane, Jordan Hill, Lane got injured in the first quarter, Sherman (torn elbow ligaments), Chancellor (knee), and Thomas (torn labrum) were all more banged up than they let on. Avril got injured. If you go back and look at the flow of that game you will notice that New England started off with a more balanced attack and especially after Lane went out they quickly realized that the LOB was more banged up than previously thought and Tharold Simon was playing out of position covering the slot (which is not in line with his skill set). Once they realized that they attacked that aggressively. Don't get me wrong. I am not taking anything away from New England. They played it correctly. It's good strategy. If you notice that your opponent is weak somewhere you exploit that weakness...hell Sun Tzu made that point in 500 BC. But you know....you are talking 6-7 starters out or injured. Pretty tough to downgrade them for that

Against all odds they were in a ten point lead. Until their own coach sabotaged them. Why? Why did he do that?

Chicago had the best D, then Pittsburgh, then the Ravens. Seattle is not in the discussion.

Against all odds they were in a ten point lead. Until their own coach sabotaged them. Why? Why did he do that?

You have no clue about football do you?

Forum List

Back