Seattle At Dallas

Somebody should remind Wilson that Jimmy Graham's arms are attached so that he is better equipped to catch balls thrown in front of him and not behind.

Just sayin...

Are you Bi-Polar Huggy? One day you are all about Seattle is the greatest then when they do win you are throwing them under the bus. They came out with a nail biting win and being ugly toward Lockette is just bad form dude, especially from a fan of the team...I criticize plays and execution but man to talk that way about a player who could have spent the rest of their life in a wheelchair is not a fan of any team in my estimation.

Glad Seahawks won but I am more interested in many teams other than the Patriots, Broncos and Cowboys. Was glad they showed the Jets-Raiders game opposite the Seahawks-Cowboys here in the Phoenix area. Have been wanting to see both of those AFC teams, I'd also would like to see more of the Vikings.

Are you Bi-Polar Huggy? One day you are all about Seattle is the greatest then when they do win you are throwing them under the bus. They came out with a nail biting win and being ugly toward Lockette is just bad form dude, especially from a fan of the team...I criticize plays and execution but man to talk that way about a player who could have spent the rest of their life in a wheelchair is not a fan of any team in my estimation.

Lockette screwed us out of a SB win. THAT will never go away. The hit he took yesterday wasn't that bad. He had some surgery today and he will be fine. He won't be in a wheelchair.

The problem with Lockette is that he is fundamentally weak. A small DB knocked him on his ass in SB 49 and it cost us the game. That is a FACT! I don't feel sorry for him. When it came to crunch time in the biggest game of his career he pussed out.

Yesterday he let another smallish player knock him on his ass. He SHOULD have been looking where he was going and who would be looking to take him out. He is what is known as a "gunner" on special teams. That means he is supposed to be the first one downfield to make a tackle. Being the gunner he has a responsibility to be very aware of opposing team players looking to take him out. THAT is THEIR responsibility. Lockette fails when the game is on the line.
I don't give a rip what you think about my status as a fan. I was there cheering the team on since day one. I have gone to Cheney driving the 200 mile round trip to cheer the team back in the day before internets and lazy ass fans that now a days don't have to do a damned thing but log on to their puter.

As a real fan I have the right to tell it exactly how I see it. I've paid my dues as a fan. When the team was folding their tent and being stolen by that a-hole from California I was there in Kirkland protesting the move. I've supported the Hawks through thick and thin. I was there in person BEFORE Lockette was even born. So shove it.

Lockette is a sorry Seahawk. His injury might be the luckiest thing that has happened to the Hawks this season. He is popular in the locker room and I feel this clouds the thinking of the Seahawks coaches and fellow players. When it comes to standing tall as a player in make it or break it performance he fails miserably.

He doesn't have "heart". He is weak. When it comes to being strong he gets slapped around like a red headed step child.

I have heard it a thousand times. "what did we learn from SB 49?" Well...I leaned NOT to depend on Ricardo Lockette. He not only DID NOT CATCH the winning pass but he folded up and dropped like a cheap suit and allowed Butler to take the ball away from him. I don't know what it takes for a fan like you to honestly see what is real and what is not but I am honest about what I believe in. I believe in the Seattle Seahawks. I tolerate NOTHING that stands between them and success. One of those things that has let the team down has been Ricardo Lockette's performance.

I don't feel sorry for him. He has no business allowing his weak ass to wear a Seahawk uniform.

As a human being suffering I do have some sensitivity towards his injury. Now I ask you this! How much sensitivity did Ricardo Lockette feel towards the hundreds of thousands of fans and his team mates he screwed in Super Bowl forty nine?

Lockette's injury will heal. The pain I suffered at the end of SB 49 will NEVER go away.

Cheney is over 500 miles round trip. Easy drive. You get out past Issaquah and there is little or no traffic all the way to Cheney. Still a long drive for a fan. I know several Seattle fans that made the drive. I used to make the drive twice a week from Spokane to Seattle in the winter, hate Snoqualmie.

Again, you have a right to like or dislike any player. You are a true fan of your team. Not rational, but no fan is, that's why they are fans.

I have been a fan since 1983. I would have been sooner but...well...I was a kid and spent more time throwing the football around than watching a game. When you talk about Lockette being so weak and can't take a hit I am reminded of "THE HIT" Largent took. Same with Lockette...the guy cracked him up under the chin and he was out before hitting the ground, just like Largent did. I do not blame Lockette for the SB. That was on the coaches for calling it and that is a timing throw where Wilson drops back fast and fires and the receiver is there. He was there, Butler just anticipated it and made the play of his life.

I have been a fan since 1983. I would have been sooner but...well...I was a kid and spent more time throwing the football around than watching a game. When you talk about Lockette being so weak and can't take a hit I am reminded of "THE HIT" Largent took. Same with Lockette...the guy cracked him up under the chin and he was out before hitting the ground, just like Largent did. I do not blame Lockette for the SB. That was on the coaches for calling it and that is a timing throw where Wilson drops back fast and fires and the receiver is there. He was there, Butler just anticipated it and made the play of his life.

And..Lockette BLEW the biggest opportunity of his life. I agree that he should have never been the "hot" read for THAT play. He had never caught a short crossing route near the EZ to my memory in an actual game. It's not the fan's responsibility to forgive and forget. He made his bed. Next thing you will suggest is that I forgive the Nordstroms for selling the team to Ken Behring. :lol:

Not the same. Ken Behring was a horrid owner. He even admitted he knew nothing about football he was just rich and wanted to own a team. He was a disaster and was one of those guys who owns something and gets too involved with a venture he knows nothing about yet won't hire a GM that he trusts to make decisions based on good football sense and business. Paul Allen may not know a lot but he hired a good GM to make the right decisions. Al Davis is another example of an owner who had no clue but called shots that were retarded

Not the same. Ken Behring was a horrid owner. He even admitted he knew nothing about football he was just rich and wanted to own a team. He was a disaster and was one of those guys who owns something and gets too involved with a venture he knows nothing about yet won't hire a GM that he trusts to make decisions based on good football sense and business. Paul Allen may not know a lot but he hired a good GM to make the right decisions. Al Davis is another example of an owner who had no clue but called shots that were retarded

Al Davis was a genius until the his senility took over in the early 90's. At one time in the 80's the Raiders were the winningest team in the NFL. He got players no one wanted and it worked.

I have admitted biased opinions of Al Davis lol. He did have success in the 80s but look at the the players he had...Howie Long and Lyle Alzado. I know it wasn't a monitored thing then but how much of their success was attributed to steroids. Was Al Davis a real genius or was he just a source of the drug supply?

I have admitted biased opinions of Al Davis lol. He did have success in the 80s but look at the the players he had...Howie Long and Lyle Alzado. I know it wasn't a monitored thing then but how much of their success was attributed to steroids. Was Al Davis a real genius or was he just a source of the drug supply?

Davis did have a great football mind and was very knowledgeable about the game.He did an excellent job in the early days of the old AFL drafting players.

the smartest move he made after the Raiders moved back to Oakland in his later years was the hiring of John Gruden.Gruden when he came in had an immediate impact on the players mindset and he immediately earned their respect unlike all the other coaches he brought in before that time.

They drastically cut down on their penaltys in their first season under Gruden. Had Davis not been such a jerk of an owner Gruden would not have left.He got sick of Davis's constant meddling though eventually and left.Davis was always trying to be the coach of the team and not letting his coach he hired run the team as an owner all the time.

Davis eventually got senial though in his old age and ran the team into the ground. His son Mark took over the team only because Al wanted the Raider name to stay in the family.Mark is ignorant about football and doesnt have the passion for the sport like his father does only becoming the owner in respect to his fathers wishes..He really didnt want to be the owner.That was why he hired a GM to run the team unlike Al ever did.

I learned all this from oakland fans since I follow the oakland situation they have trying to keep the Raiders in Oakland along with the A's and Warriors as well.

Under their GM they have,its actually the Raiders who are on the rise in the bay area and have a much better future ahead of them as a contender.For the first time since Rich Gannon,they look like they finally got a good quarterback they believe in now in Derek Carr.

Al built good teams for three decades. His best teams were during the 70's under Madden. Alzado came to the Raiders on a trade from Cleveland. Cleveland was unloading him and the Raiders made a habit of picking up discarded players and getting them to play with new inspiration. That was the Raider way, to pick up the rift raft and beat you with it.

As far as steroids, the NFL was a steady stream of drugs up until the testing began. Alzado took steroids while he was with Denver, Cleveland and the Raiders. Bosworth and other Seahawks also took steroids, were the Seahawks a drug dealers?

As I said, it wasn't a monitored thing like it is now but there were some who were excessive with it. When Alzado died it sure brought a lot of light to the impact of the dangers of it. It's true that the Raiders have had a habit of picking up the riff raff and thugs over the years and in turn have earned a reputation of being a dirty team. Add to it their fans who I have had the displeasure of encountering from time to time. Some may not act ugly toward other teams fans but with few exceptions I have found this to be the case

As I said, it wasn't a monitored thing like it is now but there were some who were excessive with it. When Alzado died it sure brought a lot of light to the impact of the dangers of it. It's true that the Raiders have had a habit of picking up the riff raff and thugs over the years and in turn have earned a reputation of being a dirty team. Add to it their fans who I have had the displeasure of encountering from time to time. Some may not act ugly toward other teams fans but with few exceptions I have found this to be the case

Reminds me of Seattle fans, at least the ones I have encountered.

Raiders didn't pick up thugs, they picked up the guys the rest of the league didn't want. Like Plunkett, Stabler, Tatum, Guy, Hendricks, Hayes, Haynes, Alzado, Upshaw, Long, Shell, Blanda, Allen, Otto, Brown, Casper, Branch, Madden and the list goes on and on. Please tell me which of those spent a day in prison. They played like the Packers, the Vikings, Colt and the Steelers. They played tough nosed defense and pounded on other teams in the trenches. The Raiders have 3 rings in five championship games. If that is a failure, I'll take Al Davis as an owner.

OK....Seattle beat Dallas by one point in Texas. It is widely accepted that home field is worth 7 points. SO... does that mean that the Hawks are 4 points better than the Cowgirls on a neutral field?

Forum List

Back