Seas Have Drastically Risen Along Southern U.S. Coast In Past Decade

Oh really...
Do you frequent the Gulf Coast as in fishing and boating?
I havent seen any rises on the Gulf Coast at all and I've lived here for 57 years.
I frequent the gulf coast because I live and work here. I actually do most of my work right on the beach.

Seas Have Drastically Risen Along Southern U.S. Coast​

Just amazing. The ocean level must be deeper in some places than others! Must be why they are reporting a waterfall between the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans!

Next week, water begins to run uphill!

I bet that's why all of the richest democrats are buying up all of the ocean-front property up and down the coasts, to get a firsthand view of all of the Climate Change! :smoke:

So you're a beach Bum?
I've fished and surfed the Gulf Coast since I was kid and there's no indication of rising water......period.
Is there some erosion you bet.
I build beach houses. We used to put them on 8 foot pilings and it was enough until the disastrous 2005 hurricane season. We lost a lot of houses and buildings. Now we build then on 12-20 foot pilings.

I build beach houses. We used to put them on 8 foot pilings and it was enough until the disastrous 2005 hurricane season. We lost a lot of houses and buildings. Now we build then on 12-20 foot pilings.

LOL...so you lost them to hurricanes.
Gee what a surprise......
Erosion will do that.
How about you go back into the bays if the water was rising thats where you'd see it.

Just amazing. The ocean level must be deeper in some places than others! Must be why they are reporting a waterfall between the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans!
BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

I am not the least surprised you don't know the Pacific Ocean is higher than the Atlantic.

:auiqs.jpg:

The ocean is coming soon to the front porches of climate change deniers.

Scientists have documented an abnormal and dramatic surge in sea levels along the U.S. gulf and southeastern coastlines since about 2010, raising new questions about whether New Orleans, Miami, Houston and other coastal communities might be even more at risk from rising seas than once predicted.

[snip]

The increase has already had major effects, researchers found. One study suggests that recent devastating hurricanes, including Michael in 2018 and Ian last year, were made considerably worse by a faster-rising ocean. Federal tide gauge data from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration suggest that the sea level, as measured by tide gauge at Lake Pontchartrain in New Orleans, is eight inches higher than it was in 2006, just after Hurricane Katrina.
That's weird I've been going to the same gulf coast beaches for decades and haven't seen any of this. Of course Lake Pontchartrain was higher after Katrina it's called a storm surge and given the bayou area around the lake it takes a long time for it to go back to normal.

Damn my eyes for not seeing what I'm told I should believe.

That's weird I've been going to the same gulf coast beaches for decades and haven't seen any of this. Of course Lake Pontchartrain was higher after Katrina it's called a storm surge and given the bayou area around the lake it takes a long time for it to go back to normal.

Damn my eyes for not seeing what I'm told I should believe.
Your eyes are so finely calibrated as to notice an eight inch rise in Lake Pontchartrain since 2006?

:auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back