Seas Have Drastically Risen Along Southern U.S. Coast In Past Decade

Your eyes are so finely calibrated as to notice an eight inch rise in Lake Pontchartrain since 2006?

:auiqs.jpg:
Did you miss my storm surge comment and I probably would notice. I worked for a company in Louisiana for 3 years building and improving the levee systems after Katrina. What is your expertise on the subject ?

Can the US save the world by cutting carbon emissions and / while committing economic suicide while China is building coal plants at a pace higher / faster than the rest of the world combined, showing they don't give a damn?

China is making up for all the carbon emission reduction we are doing, racing to replace the US as THE Super Power in the world and not giving a rat's ass, as they say, about the planet in the process.

Gee, I wonder how much Carbon will be released / how much damage will be done to the planet when we go to war with China?!

-- When Joe abandons Taiwan, allowing China to take it, perhaps Joe will say it was to prevent damaging the planet ... may be he will say the same thing when he surrenders to China without firing a shot....

:dunno:

It’s not fake news. I was in Venice, Louisiana back in 2010, which is about as far south as you can drive in the delta, and they were complaining about this back then.
The MISSISSIPPI RIVER Delta?

In 2010 you say?

When the river was up?

I'm here at my folk's house on the Gulf Coast of Florida cutting mangroves on the canal seawall like I have every year for the last 25 years, watching the tide ebb and flow to the same high water level mark that it's flowed to since they moved here in '99...

So... Who do I believe?

The article? You? Random Louisiana dudes from 2010? Or my own eyes...

Screenshot_20230411-114944-785.png

The MISSISSIPPI RIVER Delta?

In 2010 you say?

When the river was up?

I'm here at my folk's house on the Gulf Coast of Florida cutting mangroves on the canal seawall like I have every year for the last 25 years, watching the tide ebb and flow to the same high water level mark that it's flowed to since they moved here in '99...

So... Who do I believe?

The article? You? Random Louisiana dudes from 2010? Or my own eyes...

I'm simply relaying to you what I was told by a local who's lived down there his whole life. It sounds like you've already made up your mind as to what you're going to believe regardless.

I'm simply relaying to you what I was told by a local who's lived down there his whole life. It sounds like you've already made up your mind as to what you're going to believe regardless.
Relying on a quarter century of personal observation. What evidence can you provide that could be more convincing than that?

The ocean is coming soon to the front porches of climate change deniers.

Scientists have documented an abnormal and dramatic surge in sea levels along the U.S. gulf and southeastern coastlines since about 2010, raising new questions about whether New Orleans, Miami, Houston and other coastal communities might be even more at risk from rising seas than once predicted.

[snip]

The increase has already had major effects, researchers found. One study suggests that recent devastating hurricanes, including Michael in 2018 and Ian last year, were made considerably worse by a faster-rising ocean. Federal tide gauge data from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration suggest that the sea level, as measured by tide gauge at Lake Pontchartrain in New Orleans, is eight inches higher than it was in 2006, just after Hurricane Katrina.

Moron.....it is the priests of man made climate change who are buying all the ocean front mansions....the clintons, obamas, gore, the bidens, bernie....

Nope.
All the rich Democrats have been snapping up ocean front properties like kids snap up M&M's at halloween.
I'm almost on the ocean. The docks and pillars that have been there since before 2010 are still about at the same water level as always. No change.

You're easily misled aren't you? :abgg2q.jpg:

One might think they are lying about man made global warming and ocean rise to get better deals on their mansions....

No evidence of either of those suppositions.
Except for all of it. Yes, the scientists are successful scientists. They are publishing science and making a living.

Yes, you are clearly an uneducated slob who knows less than nothing about any of this. The evidence for that is every word out of your mouth.

As such, your opinion is worthless.

Except for all of it. Yes, the scientists are successful scientists. They are publishing science and making a living.

Yes, you are clearly an uneducated slob who knows less than nothing about any of this. The evidence for that is every word out of your mouth.

As such, your opinion is worthless.
You’re a gullible dumbass motherfucker.

And that’s on your best days. 😎

One of your many problems is that you are one of the most gullible people at whom gets directed all the doom saying.

The reality is different. Are sea levels rising? Almost certainly. I don’t trust you and some of the climate alarmists. But I kind of do trust NASA. And there are other scientific groups worthy of being granted credibility.

It seems to even be true that the rate of sea level rise is increasing.

The reason you are dismissible as just being a gullible tool is because you don’t think things through.

Sea levels used to be so much lower that there was a land bridge between Asia and Alaska. So we know that sea levels and ocean levels rise and fall. What we don’t actually know is how much of it is attributable to human causation.

We also don’t know that the outcome of rising sea levels will necessarily be disastrous for humans and other life on Earth. The hyper alarmism is reflected in the shit you spew.

Educate yourself a little:

You’re a gullible dumbass motherfucker.

And that’s on your best days. 😎

One of your many problems is that you are one of the most gullible people at whom gets directed all the doom saying.

The reality is different. Are sea levels rising? Almost certainly. I don’t trust you and some of the climate alarmists. But I kind of do trust NASA. And there are other scientific groups worthy of being granted credibility.

It seems to even be true that the rate of sea level rise is increasing.

The reason you are dismissible as just being a gullible tool is because you don’t think things through.

Sea levels used to be so much lower that there was a land bridge between Asia and Alaska. So we know that sea levels and ocean levels rise and fall. What we don’t actually know is how much of it is attributable to human causation.

We also don’t know that the outcome of rising sea levels will necessarily be disastrous for humans and other life on Earth. The hyper alarmism is reflected in the shit you spew.

Educate yourself a little:

Oh look, 2 articles you never read and don't understand and that don't support your bullshit anyway.

Forum List

Back