Sears Lists 79 Stores To Be Closed...

Your video is incorrect when it says that a controlled demolition is the only explanation. Show me a video of a 47 story building collapsing any way other than straight down when low and mid supports only fail?

Check out the Conspiracy forum. I have gone into it in much depth over there. I have posted photos and other info on what large buildings are supposed to look like after extensive damage. Check it out over there. Thanks.

Oh, you're a Truther? :lol::lol::lol: That actually explains a lot. Now I know for sure not to take seriously anything you say. :cuckoo:

Cool. Can't say i'm surprised either. Ridicule is a key component in marginalization. Your Government has taught you well. You're just another good soldier defending their Bullshit lies. Hey,have fun though. Whatever.

But what about that Democrat Governor who gave that Corporation all those Tax-Breaks to save the jobs? What's up with that?

The local Sears here is in the mall. Three miles down the road is a Kmart/Sears.

Between the two there's a Walmart superstore, a Tractor Supply, a Lowes, a Target, a BestBuy, a Kohl's, a Sam's Club, not to mention the dozens of stores in the mall itself competing in various areas with Sears. And all around, everywhere, the Internet.

Blaming Obama for the fiercely competitive nature of retail in this country? If he has anything to do with it, conservatives should be praising him.

I agree that it's dumb for anyone to blame Obama for this specific chain closing stores. I also agree that Sears failed to keep up with innovation and is still a wildly bloated enterprise. However, the timing of the closings is a reflection on the current business climate which isn't very good and isn't getting any better.

They've been closing down stores around here for 20 years or more. Nothing to do with the current business climate.

Well I have a friend who was one of the first to buy a Kindle, then complained to high heaven when the local bookstore closed! Go figure. You don't get to have it both ways!~!!

i know this will be difficult for you morons to understand but the internet really hurt brick and mortar stores. Higher gas prices as well, and the economy being sluggish has set their bottom line rather low.

But yes lets keep it overly simple and just blame government as the problem, and more to the point Obama....:cuckoo:

Your fellow moron Cuyo is the one who thinks the economy is doing just fine.

Nothing to see here people. Move along. Everything's just great. Reminds me of a great video i saw. I know i'll catch Hell for this but here goes anyway...

WTC7 -- This is an Orange - YouTube

Your video is incorrect when it says that a controlled demolition is the only explanation. Show me a video of a 47 story building collapsing any way other than straight down when low and mid supports only fail?

Check out the Conspiracy forum. I have gone into it in much depth over there. I have posted photos and other info on what large buildings are supposed to look like after extensive damage. Check it out over there. Thanks.

How about a link then?

Every time I visit the conspiracy forum I get sucked into thinking that a special super duper star bigger than Jupiter is going to destroy the planet last year.

Just one, for almost 10 years... One of the most federally regulated industries around...

And you'll never hear me say "Nah I'll have to decline on that deal... I'll make a ton of money and have to pay taxes on it."

But do cost increases looming in the future impact your decision to invest in a new venture?

Did he ever answer this question?

Nope. He does that a lot.

The local Sears here is in the mall. Three miles down the road is a Kmart/Sears.

Between the two there's a Walmart superstore, a Tractor Supply, a Lowes, a Target, a BestBuy, a Kohl's, a Sam's Club, not to mention the dozens of stores in the mall itself competing in various areas with Sears. And all around, everywhere, the Internet.

Blaming Obama for the fiercely competitive nature of retail in this country? If he has anything to do with it, conservatives should be praising him.

I agree that it's dumb for anyone to blame Obama for this specific chain closing stores. I also agree that Sears failed to keep up with innovation and is still a wildly bloated enterprise. However, the timing of the closings is a reflection on the current business climate which isn't very good and isn't getting any better.

They've been closing down stores around here for 20 years or more. Nothing to do with the current business climate.

You honestly don't think a major nationwide downsizing reflects on the current business climate?

You honestly don't think a major nationwide downsizing reflects on the current business climate?
He's circling his wagons around The One.

i know this will be difficult for you morons to understand but the internet really hurt brick and mortar stores. Higher gas prices as well, and the economy being sluggish has set their bottom line rather low.

But yes lets keep it overly simple and just blame government as the problem, and more to the point Obama....:cuckoo:

You know, the economy at MY house and at the houses of MY children is doing just fine. But there are a lot of people, working people, out there hurting big time!

Will this Administration still try and claim Unemployment is down? Stay tuned.

Sears Holdings Corp on Thursday identified 79 of the 100 to 120 Sears and Kmart stores it said earlier this week it would close, with the list split almost evenly between the two chains.

The struggling retailer on Tuesday reported weak holiday sales and forecast earnings for the current quarter would fall by more than half compared to the year earlier results. It also said it tapped its credit line.

Fitch Ratings on Thursday afternoon downgraded Sears to 'CCC' from 'B', citing a "continued deterioration" in earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization, which it said could turn negative next year.

The list does not include any stores in Illinois, where (D) Governor Pat Quinn two weeks ago signed into law tax breaks aimed at keeping Sears and other Illinois-based companies from leaving the state.

Sears lists 79 closings, gets Fitch downgrade | Reuters
Sears | List | Stores Closing | The Daily Caller

Sears has not kept up with the times and is going the way of Montgomery Wards. Perhaps you can blame that one on Obama too.

You know, the economy at MY house and at the houses of MY children is doing just fine. But there are a lot of people, working people, out there hurting big time!

My youngest brother hasn't worked in over a year.

Will this Administration still try and claim Unemployment is down? Stay tuned.

Sears Holdings Corp on Thursday identified 79 of the 100 to 120 Sears and Kmart stores it said earlier this week it would close, with the list split almost evenly between the two chains.

The struggling retailer on Tuesday reported weak holiday sales and forecast earnings for the current quarter would fall by more than half compared to the year earlier results. It also said it tapped its credit line.

Fitch Ratings on Thursday afternoon downgraded Sears to 'CCC' from 'B', citing a "continued deterioration" in earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization, which it said could turn negative next year.

The list does not include any stores in Illinois, where (D) Governor Pat Quinn two weeks ago signed into law tax breaks aimed at keeping Sears and other Illinois-based companies from leaving the state.

Sears lists 79 closings, gets Fitch downgrade | Reuters
Sears | List | Stores Closing | The Daily Caller

i read around 4 years ago that this was in the plans for sears....and with sears and k-mart merge, it was expected.....

told to dump sears stock a few years back....the writing has been on the wall with Sears.

Forum List

Back