Sears Lists 79 Stores To Be Closed...

How exactly are Sears store closings Obama's fault? Specifically?

9% unemployment, higher taxes, impossible health care mandates.

Someone figured it just wasn't worth the bother anymore.

What higher taxes?

How come 9% UE, imaginary higher taxes, and impossible health care mandates didn't sink Target, Wal-Mart, Macy's, Boscovs, Michael's, Petco, PetSmart, Home Depot, Lowes, Bon-Ton, Sally Beauty Supply, Nordstrom, True Value, Agway, ...ummm... Kroger, Walgreens, CVS, Cosco, Best Buy, or Super Valu?

Will this Administration still try and claim Unemployment is down? Stay tuned.

Sears Holdings Corp on Thursday identified 79 of the 100 to 120 Sears and Kmart stores it said earlier this week it would close, with the list split almost evenly between the two chains.

The struggling retailer on Tuesday reported weak holiday sales and forecast earnings for the current quarter would fall by more than half compared to the year earlier results. It also said it tapped its credit line.

Fitch Ratings on Thursday afternoon downgraded Sears to 'CCC' from 'B', citing a "continued deterioration" in earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization, which it said could turn negative next year.

The list does not include any stores in Illinois, where (D) Governor Pat Quinn two weeks ago signed into law tax breaks aimed at keeping Sears and other Illinois-based companies from leaving the state.

Sears lists 79 closings, gets Fitch downgrade | Reuters
Sears | List | Stores Closing | The Daily Caller

And that agreement was just to keep them based in the State.

How long will it be before we see K-Mart go belly up again? Before Sears closes it's doors totally if this economy doesn't change?

9% unemployment, higher taxes, impossible health care mandates.

Someone figured it just wasn't worth the bother anymore.

What higher taxes?

How come 9% UE, imaginary higher taxes, and impossible health care mandates didn't sink Target, Wal-Mart, Macy's, Boscovs, Michael's, Petco, PetSmart, Home Depot, Lowes, Bon-Ton, Sally Beauty Supply, Nordstrom, True Value, Agway, ...ummm... Kroger, Walgreens, CVS, Cosco, Best Buy, or Super Valu?

By the 'logic' here, all the stores that stay open are Obama accomplishments.:lol:

And how are Obama's reckless policies so astonishingly terrible that they retroactively caused K-mart to declare bankruptcy 6 years before he tossed his hat in the ring?

How many of you don't shop at Sears because Obama is president?

Be honest.

If I need higher priced goods with that air of arrogance.

Sears is just the place to go.

Arrogance with a smile...............

They'll still replace your Craftsman socket wrench for free, the one you broke using it as a hammer...

I know, I have set. Now if I were a mechanic I would probably swear by them. But as a tradesman, there power tools suck!!!!

If I need higher priced goods with that air of arrogance.

Sears is just the place to go.

Arrogance with a smile...............

They'll still replace your Craftsman socket wrench for free, the one you broke using it as a hammer...

I know, I have set. Now if I were a mechanic I would probably swear by them. But as a tradesman, there power tools suck!!!!

You are incorrect. They're crap in the auto-service industry. In fact they're generally referred to as "Crapsman."

You are incorrect. They're crap in the auto-service industry. In fact they're generally referred to as "Crapsman."

I believe, but now I must give them some props.

One of my 30-06s is from Sears. WTF was Remington thinking?

I hear that Snap-on is the shit, but as a do-it-yourself mechanic, I buy Craftsman. They aren't as good, but they do have a lifetime warranty.

I hear that Snap-on is the shit, but as a do-it-yourself mechanic, I buy Craftsman. They aren't as good, but they do have a lifetime warranty.

What will happen to that "lifetime warranty" if Sears folds? I'm thinking I probably need to get my little lawn tractor serviced this spring. Just in case.

Nothing to see here people. Move along. Everything's just great. Reminds me of a great video i saw. I know i'll catch Hell for this but here goes anyway...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv7BImVvEyk]WTC7 -- This is an Orange - YouTube[/ame]

I believe, but now I must give them some props.

One of my 30-06s is from Sears. WTF was Remington thinking?

I'm sure they're fine for the weekend tinkerer. But when you're trying to loosen a bellhousing bolt with a breaker bar, that socket's going to crack like an egg. Sure you can take it back to Sears and get a new one for free, but who wants to be bothered with that in the middle of a shift when you're working flat rate?

The best mechanics tools are the ones you buy off a truck - Snap-on, Matco and MAC. Siiigh... You're making me miss my mechanic days. :)

Not to mention, for the same cost, you could buy 2, maybe 3 sets of everything from Craftsman, just in case something goes wrong. To a mechanic, elite tools like Snap-on are in the security that they will not break and disrupt the job you're doing.

And how dare that Evil Repub err uh i mean Democrat give tax breaks to Sears and save all those Illinois Jobs.

Nothing to see here people. Move along. Everything's just great. Reminds me of a great video i saw. I know i'll catch Hell for this but here goes anyway...

WTC7 -- This is an Orange - YouTube

So what are you saying? That America is being deliberately destroyed?

Sadly some do appear to be working on that goal. But you'll have to do your own research and come to your own conclusion on that. But to get you started,you can check out the history of the 'Council on Foreign Relations.' They are a very very powerful stealthy organization. But don't take my word,just do some of your own research. Who knows? You might be very surprised at what you find.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back