Sears bankruptcy court OKs $25 million in bonuses for top execs

So, would it be better for management to just walk away and for a bunch of even more expensive consultants to takeover to oversee the winddown/restructuring?
Cover for the rich guys while they fuck over average Joe.

Typical conservitard thinking.

The causes are very complicated, but at the fulcrum is the significantly lowered standards for loan purchases by (taxpayer funded) Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac...and a requirement that they purchase at least 50% of the mortgages made to low and moderate income people. A lot of politicians fed at the FM-FM trough. It's disgusting.
Exactly! In the Clinton years buying a home became politicized as his administration forced banks and government funded lending institutions to finance homes for people, not based on their ability to buy a home, but on their socio-economic class.

The resulting cluster fuck was predictable and like the guy who drops an expensive vase and then points to the people behind him as he walks out of the store democrats have done their best to cover their culpability is this financial mess.
my brother works in the business and said the same thing
they had to go out of their way to ok loans to those who could not afford them

This is what we mean when we talk about a rigged economy. If Sears has $25 million to give bonuses to executives after closing over 100 stores, why is the company telling thousands of laid off employees they don't have the money to pay their severance?

This is the utmost in bullshit. The judge that approved it needs to be disbarred immediately.

No it's not. It's perfectly appropriate - but you loons jump on inflammatory headlines without understanding the details:

Sears plans to pay $8.4 million to 19 executives if the company is able to reach certain fiscal goals in the first six months of 2019. The retailer could also pay $16.9 million to another group of 315 top employees, the Tribune reports.

Bankrupt Sears to pay $25.3M in bonuses to executives

So the bonuses are earned only if certain financial goals are met. The average bonus for the top 19 execs is $442K. For the other 315, it's $54K. These figures are not outrageous for corporate pay conditioned on performance.

In other news, the Clinton Foundation is being investigated for using $millions of donations for personal expenses. Now that is something deserving of outrage.

So, would it be better for management to just walk away and for a bunch of even more expensive consultants to takeover to oversee the winddown/restructuring?
Cover for the rich guys while they fuck over average Joe.

Typical conservitard thinking.

Oh blah blah blah so sleepy....zzzzzz

And quite hypocritical coming from someone who thinks the government should mug people to give their income and wealth to freeloaders.

You don’t reward failure

Conservatives are always bitching about liberals giving kids awards just for playing a game, whether they win or lose.

How is giving out handsome bonuses to failed business people any different?

You don’t reward failure

Conservatives are always bitching about liberals giving kids awards just for playing a game, whether they win or lose.

Already answered:

You don’t reward failure

not even comparable--stupid analogy
these people sign contracts !

You don’t reward failure

Unless you cause a world wide recession and housing crash......
Let’s leave Bush out of it

Ding ding ding - we have a loser.

The roots of the problem are in the Clinton Admin.
Ding, ding, ding

More conservative revisionist history

I posted a link to a book that is a quite excellent analysis of what caused the crash, so I stand by my original post that you lose.

This is a good review of the book:

Book Review: Reckless Endangerment by Gretchen Morgenson and Joshua Rosner
Right wing opinion piece
Conservative deregulation of the financial markets and inaction by Bush as the economy crashed

You don’t reward failure

When your business goes bankrupt, you failed and should get nothing.

You are sadly ignorant. These are employees who do work for pay...just like any other employees. Sears is in transition and works still needs to get done. If you expect them to work for $0, then they'll leave and Sears will be forced to bring in consultants to complete the projects for far more $$.

Ding, ding, ding

I posted a link to a book that is a quite excellent analysis of what caused the crash, so I stand by my original post that you lose.

Right wing opinion piece
Conservative deregulation of the financial markets and inaction by bUsh as the economy crashed

Condolences on your dual lack of cognitive reasoning and intellectual curiosity.

Republican executives.

Republicans in the courts.

Republicans are like roaches, they’re everywhere.

they sign contracts like sports players
the players get paid even when they don't perform/screw up plays a 4th grader can make

You don’t reward failure

Like Bush did.

Republicans didn’t feel bush didn’t go far enough. That’s why they elected Trump.

To finish the job republicans started under bush.

The causes are very complicated, but at the fulcrum is the significantly lowered standards for loan purchases by (taxpayer funded) Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac...and a requirement that they purchase at least 50% of the mortgages made to low and moderate income people. A lot of politicians fed at the FM-FM trough. It's disgusting.
Exactly! In the Clinton years buying a home became politicized as his administration forced banks and government funded lending institutions to finance homes for people, not based on their ability to buy a home, but on their socio-economic class.

The resulting cluster fuck was predictable and like the guy who drops an expensive vase and then points to the people behind him as he walks out of the store democrats have done their best to cover their culpability is this financial mess.

It was banks pushing those loans and nobody was twisting their arms. I used to get two or three calls a week encouraging me to refinance my mortgage

Ding, ding, ding

Right wing opinion piece
Conservative deregulation of the financial markets and inaction by bUsh as the economy crashed

Condolences on your dual lack of cognitive reasoning and intellectual curiosity.
Isn’t this the point where you guys blame it all on the gay guy?

It was banks pushing those loans and nobody was twisting their arms. I used to get two or three calls a week encouraging me to refinance my mortgage
1. my brother WORKS giving loans!!! do you??
2. was your credit score low?
3. I just got out of the service and just started a new job-- I couldn't get a loan/credit for a '' low cost '' wedding ring because I hadn't worked at my job long enough

Ding, ding, ding

Right wing opinion piece

Isn’t this the point where you guys blame it all on the gay guy?
Na, not really
But gay people are fucked in the head… LOL

pushing loans is not the same as approving loans !!

This is what we mean when we talk about a rigged economy. If Sears has $25 million to give bonuses to executives after closing over 100 stores, why is the company telling thousands of laid off employees they don't have the money to pay their severance?

Isn't that is what is most important, the CEO's?
We can't let those poor rich bastards to go without one meal without truffles and edible bird nests..

Forum List

Back