Sean Penn: The "Malvinas"

I see Joey's doing his usual 'I'm losing the argument on logic, so I'll resort to whining'.

Ummm. no, I just pointed out cold hard facts.

If the Falklands War was fought today, the UK would lose. They don't have the military capability.

Of course, the only question is, how do the Brits give back the Malvinas (something the entire world thinks they SHOULD do) without losing face...

Everything else is window dressing.

The Argies are just saber rattling. They do it every few years.... but they have no intention of invading the islands.... so your idiocy about Britain not having the military capability is ridiculous... however... IF it were to come to it.... yea, Britain would fight again... and - again - Argentina would lose. It is what it is.

Britain doesn't care what Sean Penn thinks... or what the rest of the world thinks... what is theirs, is theirs... they won't give away their territory because some clueless assclowns want them to. Case in point: Northern Ireland.... did they give that back? No.

No, but they agreed to a peace treaty that pretty much gave away most of the store...

Point is, the British had to throw everything they had at Argentina in 1982, but today, they don't have as much. Less Aircraft carriers, less frigates, less subs, less troop carriers. And there is the little problem of logistics.... (again, people like yourself who never served don't understand this concept.)

It will become harder and harder for the UK to justify its position...

The Malvinas will eventually go back to Argentina. You really think Britian wants another war over sheep?

Learn to Deal.

Argentina tried and they lost. Get over it.

The next time they'll win, because world opinion will be on their side, not the UK's.

All the countries that matter will support the UK and the Argentinian economy will be obliterated by sanctions. Besides, the same argument about the British no longer having the military power was used in 1982 and see where it got the Argentinians.

If the Falklands War was fought today, the UK would lose. They don't have the military capability.

Of course, the only question is, how do the Brits give back the Malvinas (something the entire world thinks they SHOULD do) without losing face...

The Argies are just saber rattling. They do it every few years.... but they have no intention of invading the islands.... so your idiocy about Britain not having the military capability is ridiculous... however... IF it were to come to it.... yea, Britain would fight again... and - again - Argentina would lose. It is what it is.

Britain doesn't care what Sean Penn thinks... or what the rest of the world thinks... what is theirs, is theirs... they won't give away their territory because some clueless assclowns want them to. Case in point: Northern Ireland.... did they give that back? No.

No, but they agreed to a peace treaty that pretty much gave away most of the store...

Point is, the British had to throw everything they had at Argentina in 1982, but today, they don't have as much. Less Aircraft carriers, less frigates, less subs, less troop carriers. And there is the little problem of logistics.... (again, people like yourself who never served don't understand this concept.)

How many naval vessels does Argentina have that can face off against the Royal Navy?

They are like every other place in the world the British dumped people to prop up their sorry empire. They can go home or get with the program.

They aren't "native", they immigrated their from England because they needed to put a coaling station on the way to all the other people the British were exploiting.

And once more, the British were negotiating to turn them over in 1981.

I presume you would be OK with deporting the whole population of Chicago to where their ancestors came from and giving it back to the Indians?

Given how many people have native American blood, not so much.

I'm 1/8th Cherokee... So I guess we already have the native people running things.

America threw the British out a long time ago.

Noting- once more- you Chickenhawks are all ignoring the fact the UK was negotiating to give them back before they went to war over them.

OK, so you're just a hypocrite. Noted.

I see Joey's doing his usual 'I'm losing the argument on logic, so I'll resort to whining'.

The real facts are that:

1. The Argentinians were defeated in 1982 and they would be again today.

2. If Argentina made a new aggressive move its currency would be reduced to the value of toiletpaper.

3. Britain would have the support of all the countries that matter.

Not really. The Obama Administration has already said they should work it out. I'm not sure "which countries that count" would come to their aid.

Here's the thing. They spent a billion dollars on the Falklands war. That was enough to pay each and every Falklander a million dollars to go move somewhere nice. Today, the UK is fucking broke. they don't have the money or the will to fight another war.

For Argentina, this is a matter of nationalism.

I presume you would be OK with deporting the whole population of Chicago to where their ancestors came from and giving it back to the Indians?

I'm 1/8th Cherokee... So I guess we already have the native people running things.

Noting- once more- you Chickenhawks are all ignoring the fact the UK was negotiating to give them back before they went to war over them.

No hypocrisy at all. It's not like the Illiniwek nation even exists at this point to give Chicago back to if we wanted to.

Apples to Oranges comparisons don't really make sense here. Argentina is mostly inhabited by people who came from Europe, as are the Falklands. But Argentina has a better claim.

The real facts are that:

2. If Argentina made a new aggressive move its currency would be reduced to the value of toiletpaper.

Not really. The Obama Administration has already said they should work it out. I'm not sure "which countries that count" would come to their aid.

Here's the thing. They spent a billion dollars on the Falklands war. That was enough to pay each and every Falklander a million dollars to go move somewhere nice. Today, the UK is fucking broke. they don't have the money or the will to fight another war.

Which country is more broke do you think, Britain or Argentina?

As for the US: Reagan said "work it out" in 1982 too, but when the chips were down he backed the UK in word and deed and the same would happen again. Who matters more to the US you think, Britain and the EU or Argentina?

:lol::lol: Really? The Brits threw 'everything they had at Argentina'? :lol: They sent their boys in.... on April 2.... an expeditionary force....it took all of 7 weeks for the Argies to surrender and go home. Argentina underestimated Britain's commitment to the Falklands.... they would do well to remember that.

And no amount of whining by dumbass lefties who know jack shit about it is gonna change that.

Carry on whining.

No hypocrisy at all. It's not like the Illiniwek nation even exists at this point to give Chicago back to if we wanted to.

Apples to Oranges comparisons don't really make sense here. Argentina is mostly inhabited by people who came from Europe, as are the Falklands. But Argentina has a better claim.

That is patent nonsense. You feel it is OK to deport the complete population of the Falklands because their ancestors came from Europe, but yoy wouldn't apply the same to others.

Argentina has about as much claim on the Falklands as Mexico has on California and Texas.

The real facts are that:

As for the US: Reagan said "work it out" in 1982 too, but when the chips were down he backed the UK in word and deed and the same would happen again. Who matters more to the US you think, Britain and the EU or Argentina?

The only reason why Argentina is whining now is to distract its citizenry from their dire economic situation.

And... yea.... Reagan did back Britain.... and the US will back Britain again if it was needed... but it won't be... because Argentina isn't stupid enough to take on the Brits again.

The real facts are that:

The rest of the EU will be more like "Just give the fucking islands back already."

This is how is the UK going to give back these Islands while saving face. They don't want another war because they can't afford it, and they don't have the assets to wage one.

The rest of the EU will be more like "Just give the fucking islands back already."

This is how is the UK going to give back these Islands while saving face. They don't want another war because they can't afford it, and they don't have the assets to wage one.

Just as in 1982 the EU will line up solidly behind the UK. And who has more naval assets, Britain or Argentina?

The only reason why Argentina is whining now is to distract its citizenry from their dire economic situation.

And... yea.... Reagan did back Britain.... and the US will back Britain again if it was needed... but it won't be... because Argentina isn't stupid enough to take on the Brits again.

Then what are you so upset about if it won't happen.

My attitude is I really don't care one way or the other... except that I think the British were stupid for fighting the war to start with.

It seems to me that you are really pretty anxious to sacrifice someone else's sons for something that ultimately isn't worth it.

Just as in 1982 the EU will line up solidly behind the UK. And who has more naval assets, Britain or Argentina?

Who had more military assets- Iraq or America... and whose running away with their tails between their legs...

Guy, you seem to miss the point. The Falklands weren't worth a war 30 years ago and they aren't worth one now... especially now that the UK is broke.

My attitude is I really don't care one way or the other... except that I think the British were stupid for fighting the war to start with.

It seems to me that you are really pretty anxious to sacrifice someone else's sons for something that ultimately isn't worth it.

Just a little fact to bring you back to this planet: it was Argentina who started a war in 1982, not Britain.

Who had more military assets- Iraq or America... and whose running away with their tails between their legs...

Guy, you seem to miss the point. The Falklands weren't worth a war 30 years ago and they aren't worth one now... especially now that the UK is broke.

You make my point: the US had a lot more and better military assets than Iraq and won the war against Iraq. As for the insurgency, would you care to point out to me the Argentinian would be insurgents living in the Falklands?

As for the UK being broke, again it is a lot less broke than Argentina.

Back?

Britain's sovereignty dates from 1690, and has remained on the islands permanently since 1833. Argentina briefly established a colony there prior to 1833.... but they left. Argentina claims that the inhabitants are not the aboriginal people and, thus, have no claim on the islands. However, there is documentary evidence that proves that claim to be untrue.

After the 'war' of 1983, Britain gave citizenship to the Islanders.... that guarantees them the protection of Britain.

The French would have a better claim on the islands.... but they don't want them. So, they're gonna stay British.

You make my point: the US had a lot more and better military assets than Iraq and won the war against Iraq. As for the insurgency, would you care to point out to me the Argentinian would be insurgents living in the Falklands?

Facts are irrelevant when Joey's ranting.

Facts are irrelevant when Joey's ranting.

Poor man. He's factually challenged.

Just a little fact to bring you back to this planet: it was Argentina who started a war in 1982, not Britain.

NO, it was the UK that made a war inevitable by not negotiating the return of territory in good faith.

How many people have died all around the world because the British Empire can't admit it's time has come and gone?

Forum List

Back