Sean Penn: The "Malvinas"

That's the point. The Islanders had the vote. They voted to remain part of Britain. And Britain has guaranteed their right to remain part of that nation. Therefore, should the Argie be stupid enough to want to take on the might of Her Majesty's Armed Forces, then they can sacrifice another 1000 men and lose again. :lol:

it was 82. I'm certain that if they wanted out, Britain wouldn't do much to prevent it.

Besides, who would want to go from being part of a first world power player to part of a second world country?

You want to bet on that? Because, according to Britain, if Argentina tries to invade again.... they will be met with the same reaction from Britain. Britain has no intention of giving up the Falklands.

82?

82; guessing when the war was.

I meant that if the islanders wanted out, Britain wouldn't do much. If Arg invaded again, they'd bring the pain.

it was 82. I'm certain that if they wanted out, Britain wouldn't do much to prevent it.

Besides, who would want to go from being part of a first world power player to part of a second world country?

You want to bet on that? Because, according to Britain, if Argentina tries to invade again.... they will be met with the same reaction from Britain. Britain has no intention of giving up the Falklands.

82?

82; guessing when the war was.

I meant that if the islanders wanted out, Britain wouldn't do much. If Arg invaded again, they'd bring the pain.

Yea, it was. It was the anniversary of the start of the war a couple of days ago.

If the Islanders wanted to sever their ties with Britain, I'm sure Britain would have accepted it. But they have not, they voted to remain part of Britain.

My question to Sean Penn.... "Why do you hate democracy?" :lol:

Sean Penn can kiss the ass of the Her Majesty's Armed Forces.

The Falkands are British. The Falklands will remain British. The British don't have to negotiate with anyone.

Ooookay, because it was totally worth killing 1000 people over islands they were willing to give away.

Another Chickenhawk heard from.

The people of those islands think they're worth fighting and dying for. Perhaps they have more courage than you.

Britain didn't force Argentina to invade, the Argies chose to do that... mainly to deflect from their horrible internal issues at that time... the invasion was more about the Argie Government trying to distract its own citizens from their clusterfuck than it was over any real claim.

They have no claim on the Falklands.... those islands are British territory... the islanders choose to remain British and Britain has pledged to protect that.

Of course, if you don't give a shit about others, then 1000 people is too high a price. And.... it was 255 on the British side..... those are the only deaths that count. Argentina invaded so those 649 deaths are their responsibility.

Actually, Argentina has as good a claim to those Islands as the UK has.

And one more time, the UK was negotiating to turn them over WHEN Argentina just got tired of waiting and invaded. But because 1000 sheepherders who lived their didn't want to leave, hey, let's have a war, let's kill a thousand people.

Frankly, you look at any screwed up part of the world, usually the British Empire had its fingers all over it.

Chickenhawks.gif

Sean Penn can kiss the ass of the Her Majesty's Armed Forces.

The Falkands are British. The Falklands will remain British. The British don't have to negotiate with anyone.

Ooookay, because it was totally worth killing 1000 people over islands they were willing to give away.

And the people who live there are just livestock, to be decided on by others?

They are like every other place in the world the British dumped people to prop up their sorry empire. They can go home or get with the program.

They aren't "native", they immigrated their from England because they needed to put a coaling station on the way to all the other people the British were exploiting.

And once more, the British were negotiating to turn them over in 1981.

The people of those islands think they're worth fighting and dying for. Perhaps they have more courage than you.

Britain didn't force Argentina to invade, the Argies chose to do that... mainly to deflect from their horrible internal issues at that time... the invasion was more about the Argie Government trying to distract its own citizens from their clusterfuck than it was over any real claim.

They have no claim on the Falklands.... those islands are British territory... the islanders choose to remain British and Britain has pledged to protect that.

Of course, if you don't give a shit about others, then 1000 people is too high a price. And.... it was 255 on the British side..... those are the only deaths that count. Argentina invaded so those 649 deaths are their responsibility.

And one more time, the UK was negotiating to turn them over WHEN Argentina just got tired of waiting and invaded. But because 1000 sheepherders who lived their didn't want to leave, hey, let's have a war, let's kill a thousand people.

Frankly, you look at any screwed up part of the world, usually the British Empire had its fingers all over it.

Tell you what.... when we hand the United States back to the Native Americans, then you can complain about Britain. Until then, mind your own fucking business. The Falklands are British. They will remain British. And you - and the Argentines - and Sean Penn - can do jack shit about it.

Tell you what.... when we hand the United States back to the Native Americans, then you can complain about Britain. Until then, mind your own fucking business. The Falklands are British. They will remain British. And you - and the Argentines - and Sean Penn - can do jack shit about it.

The Malvinas will eventually go back to Argentina. You really think Britian wants another war over sheep?

Learn to Deal.

The Malvinas will eventually go back to Argentina. You really think Britian wants another war over sheep?

Learn to Deal.

Nope. They can't go 'back' to a country who weren't the original inhabitants. The French were there first. Brits second. The French left. The Brits stayed. The Islands are British. They will stay British. And, if necessary, yes... Britain will go to war over it. I very much doubt that the Argies are dumb enough to want to be humiliated twice. They won't fight for the Falklands.... they aren't that stupid.

The UK doesn't have the military capability it had in 1982. Back in 1982, they had two operational aircraft carriers. Today they only have one. They also cut back on frigates, submarines, etc.

Come on, they are having to cut back on social programs back home, with the accompanying riots, you really think they are going to piss away a couple billion dollars fighting a war over some crappy islands on the other side of the planet.

camilla_charles_car_ap129.jpg

Pure Comedy!

"Oh, America. Please go fight our war for us."

They are like every other place in the world the British dumped people to prop up their sorry empire. They can go home or get with the program.

They aren't "native", they immigrated their from England because they needed to put a coaling station on the way to all the other people the British were exploiting.

I presume you would be OK with deporting the whole population of Chicago to where their ancestors came from and giving it back to the Indians?

Learn to Deal.

Argentina tried and they lost. Get over it.

I presume you would be OK with deporting the whole population of Chicago to where their ancestors came from and giving it back to the Indians?

Joey is very..... uhmmmm...... flexible in his views. He flip flops more than any politician.

Joey is very..... uhmmmm...... flexible in his views. He flip flops more than any politician.

I know the type Californiagirl.

I see Joey's doing his usual 'I'm losing the argument on logic, so I'll resort to whining'.

Ummm. no, I just pointed out cold hard facts.

If the Falklands War was fought today, the UK would lose. They don't have the military capability.

Of course, the only question is, how do the Brits give back the Malvinas (something the entire world thinks they SHOULD do) without losing face...

Everything else is window dressing.

Given how many people have native American blood, not so much.

I'm 1/8th Cherokee... So I guess we already have the native people running things.

America threw the British out a long time ago.

Noting- once more- you Chickenhawks are all ignoring the fact the UK was negotiating to give them back before they went to war over them.

Learn to Deal.

Argentina tried and they lost. Get over it.

The next time they'll win, because world opinion will be on their side, not the UK's.

I see Joey's doing his usual 'I'm losing the argument on logic, so I'll resort to whining'.

If the Falklands War was fought today, the UK would lose. They don't have the military capability.

Of course, the only question is, how do the Brits give back the Malvinas (something the entire world thinks they SHOULD do) without losing face...

The Argies are just saber rattling. They do it every few years.... but they have no intention of invading the islands.... so your idiocy about Britain not having the military capability is ridiculous... however... IF it were to come to it.... yea, Britain would fight again... and - again - Argentina would lose. It is what it is.

Britain doesn't care what Sean Penn thinks... or what the rest of the world thinks... what is theirs, is theirs... they won't give away their territory because some clueless assclowns want them to. Case in point: Northern Ireland.... did they give that back? No.

Back to who?

It was never Args to begin with. so who would they give it back too?

The real facts are that:

1. The Argentinians were defeated in 1982 and they would be again today.

2. If Argentina made a new aggressive move its currency would be reduced to the value of toiletpaper.

3. Britain would have the support of all the countries that matter.

Forum List

Back